Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Spotted: Halloween collections from NYC, Fantasy Makers (Wet n Wild) and more!

It's Halloween time again, lovelies! Can you believe it? Late August is when we traditionally start to see Halloween collections start popping up in drugstores, but this year it seems that certain retailers are ahead of the curve (thanks, Rite Aid!).

So today I've got the first glimpse at some of the things you should expect to see in your area soon. Hey, it's never too early for Halloween, as far as I'm concerned.

First up, from reader PlatinumPJs, the NYC Sweet & Devilish Collection:

image credit: PlatinumPJs for Nouveau Cheap

NYC Limited Edition Sweet & Devilish Collection

One of my favorite things about Halloween is seeing what NYC will come out with, and this year they didn't disappoint. I think this collection is even better than last Halloween's Black Magic collection. PlatinumPJs supplied us with the following info regarding this collection:

Its a Halloween display that plays on the "angle/devil" concept.  There are two lipsticks duos, 3 nail polishes, a highlighter, 2 eye shadow duos, two double ended eye liners, false lashes, and mascara.  Everything is LE except the mascara which is permanent.

Nail polish
Demon Glow: top coat (NOTE: Emi from Project Swatch confirmed that this top coat glows under black light)
Haunted: black polish with gold glitter
Enchanted: off-white polish with gold glitter

Lipstick:
Tempted: red/black duo
Spellbound: flesh-tone/gold duo

Eyeshadow Duos:
Devilish (red/black)
Heavenly (white/gold)

Eyeliners:
Fairytale (white/gold)
Nightmare (black/ reddish plum)

A red (matte!) eyeshadow, new City Duets and glittery polishes! I have to say, it's kind of genius of NYC to make a City Duet with black and red--it's convenient to be able to control just how dark you want your vampy red lips to be.

And here's another pic of this display, thanks to Emi at Project Swatch:

image credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap

Do you notice what else is in this picture? Yep, the return of the PUMPKIN POLISHES! These little glow-in-the-dark babies are always so much fun. Speaking of, Glamonthecheap has a pic of a full Pumpkin Polish display AND close-up pics of the NYC display (including the polishes). So be sure to check out her post here.

Emi from Project Swatch also spotted some of this year's offerings from Fantasy Makers (from the makers of Wet n Wild) and was nice enough to share:

mage credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap

All of the body glitters and liquid liners in this display look quite similar to the ones released by Fantasy Makers last year (and even those from 2009), but there may be a few new shades here. If you'd like to see my review of some of these products from last year (including swatches) click here. The Fantasy Makers glitter liners are fun, and the silver body glitter in the jars above is actually holographic. I sprinkled some of this holo powder on top of black polish last year and the effect was petty neat (click here to see).

No sightings yet of the famous Fantasy Makers Tombstone Polishes, but hopefully those will start showing up soon (I can't wait to see what they have to offer this year--hopefully they bring the shade Black Magic back!).

mage credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap 

These spray-on hair colors and mascaras are new for 2012.

mage credit: Project Swatch for Nouveau Cheap 

And looks what's back again this year! The red & black eyeshadow duo! Last year this duo cane in a round pot, but this year, as you can see, it comes in square pans.

Glamonthecheap spotted one additional Fantasy Makers display with cream shadow palettes similar to the ones I reviewed last year (the but colors look a bit different this year).

That's is, so far, for Halloween 2012, but based on last year's drugstore Halloween offerings, I know we're just getting started!

Thanks so much to PlatinumPJs, Project Swatch and Glamonthecheap for all the great info and pics!

Can't get enough Halloween? Here's a list of past drugstore Halloween products that I'm hoping make a comeback this year:

Still can't get enough Halloween? Here's a complete list of the 2011 Fantasy Makers products--hopefully many of these will be making a comeback in case you missed them last year.
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. RiteAid?? Rats!! I thought about Walgreens getting in their Halloween stuff just today. I'll have my eyes peeled. I so wish Wet 'n Wild would do their shadows as powders instead of cremes, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cream shadows are more like traditional grease paints....good for face painting, but not so much for eyeshadow. :(

      Delete
  2. YAY! I was at Rite Aid yesterday but didn't go in cause I guessed it's too early for the Pumpkin Polishes to be out. I'm actually excited whenever Halloween stuff starts poppin up in stores. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. WnW always makes me upset with the same old thing =\

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEB has the NYC display out as well for anyone who was looking. check the endcap in the beauty aisle

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw the nyc display , i didnt really look at it too well cause a girl was stocking the display , but i tried to look for reviews on the eye shadow and couldnt find anything lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm working at Spirit Halloween and yesterday I spotted some Fantasy Makers nail polish strips like the Sally Hansen ones! They had 5 different designs like black and silver stars, white and black lace and I can't remember the others. I'll send a pic when I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I would love to see those! Thank you. :)

      Delete
  7. I saw the Hot Wired Salon Effects and Big Lots the other day for $3. That was the only design they had, but there were at least 20 of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! My big lots only had a solid purple shade...and lots of it. :(

      Delete
  8. I'm so excited for this stuff, especially the polishes and loose glitters! For some reason I have never tried any of the Halloween cosmetics expect the black polish and lipstick when I was a kid haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black/red lipstick duo? SOLD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first thought was "TOO EARLY!!!" But upon seeing these I can't wait to spy the NYC Angel/Devil display! I see somethings that I want!!! :) Thanks G. for the info! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They had all these at my rite aid yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh excited to see the flesh tone NYC lipstick. I used to have their sheer white lipstick which I loved so hoping this is similar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be on the lookout for the NYC Demon Glow top coat. I already have a Fantasy Makers glow in the dark nail polish from last year and I want to see which one's "glowier."

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops, not the Fantasy Makers. I meant I want to compare the NYC Demon Glow to the L.A. Girl Disco Brites black light polishes. Why do I have glow in the dark polishes on the brain? lol I have a L.A. Girl clear top coat called Strobe Light that glows under black light. It would be interesting to see if the NYC's any brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was amazed to see my local Rite Aid have so much Halloween stuff in already and it included a lot of what you show here. I picked up the Spell bound lipstick, because I think it'll make a great highlight for other color lipsticks. One side is kind of a shimmery shade of cream and the other is a nice shade of gold. Can't wait to use it over come of my favorite lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sad. my riteaid didn't have any of this stuff yet when i went last night. i did get argan oil conditioner buy 1 get 1 free though. will have to go back in a week cause i've been waiting for the pumkin polishes all summer

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I must get some of this stuff! Halloween is one of my fave holidays especially with cosmetics! I will be looking for the LipSmackers Halloween collection anyways, so why not some Wet N Wild and the zombie polishes sound cool! (I love my zombies!) I will be looking for stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just realize right now after reading this post last night, with the black and red lipstick pallet, it would be perfect for anyone cosplaying as Harley Quin from Batman for Halloween or a comic/sci-fi convention! Because in some pictures of her it looks like her lipstick is black with a red sheen to it! So, anyone planning on doing Harley Quin, go out and get the pallet before it's gone another year. That's my cosplay tidbit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My rite aid had most of these displays. The NYC nail polishes are disappointing though. I really hope Sally Hansen brings back pumpkin spice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Does anybody know if the colored mascaras a re for the hair or for the eyelashes? (I'm assuming they're for te hair... though I would love a red mascara!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tested the fantasy makers hot pink hairspray on my daughters hair 2 weeks ago. It ended up dying her hair! She is only 4 and wanted pink bangs like mine, for Halloween, so I wanted to test it first. I'm very upset with this product. Her hair still has a slight pink tint to it after countless washes with numerous clarifying shampoos and even dawn. I would NOT suggest this for people who don't want lingering color. No where on the lab
    E does it suggest temporarily dying the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How do I Get RID of The PINK HAIR SPRAY COLOR OUT OF MY HAIR.. I Tried to test it. and Even washed my Hair Like 10 x's and it's still There.I NEED TO GET IT OUT OF MY hair ASAP.
    PLEASE HELP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about that, and it appears that you're not alone (see comment right above yours). I do not own this product, and I don't know how to remove it. I would suggest contacting WnW directly either through their website or on twitter or facebook:

      http://wnwbeauty.com/

      There are links to their twitter and Facebook pages on their website above.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  23. I know I'm late to this party... I bought the pink and blue W&W hair sprays but still haven't used them. My hair is off-black so I'm not worried about it dyeing my hair (I wonder if you ladies have tried baking soda mixed in with your shampoo? It's a LOT less harsher than clarifying shampoos or dish soap [ouch, my frizzy hair hurts just thinking about it] when it comes to "scrubbing" things off - I use it for flaky scalp control and for product buildup removal, *mayyyybe* it would work on getting the color out?). What I would like to know is what is the exact application process for this? Is it very opaque or must you layer the color? Say you want to do a streak, I imagine just spraying this on might result in stray color getting on the rest of your head? Does this need to be sealed in? I suppose I ought to just open the bottles today and test it out for myself, I just hate "wasting" product by using it wrong, especially when I have butt-length hair, these bottles are so tiny and I have no idea how much is needed for it to show up on the hair shaft.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig