Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spotted: Fright Night Claw Polishes & Sally Hansen Fall 2011 Designer Series

I found some new polishes at my local drugstores over the past week and of course I wanted to share!

First up, I spotted the Halloween Claw Polishes from Fright Night at CVS:

Fright Night Claw Polishes
(retail: $3.99 each)

Toxic, Sinister and Sinister again

Poison, Voodoo, Phantom

Some close-ups (I'm not posting close-ups of Sinister since it's a basic black creme):

Toxic is actually more of  deep Christmas green in real life. It reminds me of Sinful Colors San Francisco.

Poison is a deep purple shimmer. The color in the picture above this one (with the three bottles) is actually more accurate.

 Voodoo is a blood red shimmer with red micro-glitter.

Phantom.

I actually purchased Phantom and tweeted this picture the day I bought it. I think this is the most unique shade in the collection--it's a medium gray creme with teeny tiny bits of iridescent shimmer.

And finally, I spotted the Sally Hansen Fall 2011 LE Designer Series at my local Rite Aid. If you'd like to know more about this series (which designers created which shades) and see some awesome swatches, check out Scrangie's post here.






Have you spotted/purchased any of the polishes featured in this post? Any must-haves? Please check back soon if you'd like to see swatches of Phantom--I can't wait to try that one!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I spotted some of the Claw polishes at Target, they were in a 2 pack. This is a Target in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me or do those SH polishes look extremely similar to the last batch of LE shades from spring? In fact I saw that display in stores and I wasn't sure if they were the same colors. The names seemed different but I wasn't sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on such a polish kick lately. Really need to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen any of them, but I live in the country so I can't go too many places looking. I went to Walmart today looking for the Claw polishes, but I didn't find any. I saw them there last year, so I was really hoping to find Phantom. It looks so great, I can't wait to see the pictures of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say I'm a big fan of the Fright Night polishes...I've only used one and it stained my nails pretty badly. So I've stayed away from them ever since...but that gray one with the shimmer is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Terracotta is such a unique shade! It would probably look awful on me but who cares, I think it's neat anyway. Oxide also looks really nice. As for the rest, I have other colors that are similar so...meh.

    I haven't seen these polishes anywhere in my area yet-- kinda strange since every drugstore here carries Sally Hansen products. Oh well.

    Speaking of Sally Hansen, I bought some of their Hard as Nails polishes (the $1.99 ones) on sale at Walgreens and I am pretty impressed with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those curious, Fright Night's website is http://frightnightcosmetics.com/ .

    According to their website their products are available at CVS, Fred Meyer, Drug Mart, Harmon, KMart, Meijer, Rite Aid, Ulta, ShopKo, Walgreens and Walmart. I've seen all but Claw Polish at my local Rite Aid and Fred Meyers but nothing at my local Walmarts, Walgreens or ShopKo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to look closely at the Sally Hansen display. Copper Penny looks like something that is missing from my NP collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I didn't find these in a display like this - I found two packs at Target on and endcap with Ardell lashes (I think they're made by the same company). They only had 2 packs of Voodoo & Sinister and Phantom & Sinister. There was no display (and no Toxic or Poison).

    I got Voodoo & Sinister and I LOVE Voodoo - it's a gorgeous red jelly with such pretty red sparkles. They were $5.89 for the 2 packs and they both came with Sinister which is why I only got one. I wish I could find this display!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig