Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 28, 2009

New products by Orly and Wet n Wild (Fantasy Makers)

By now we've probably all seen the Fantasy Makers (Wet n Wild) Halloween display with the artificial nails and nail polish bottles that look like little tombstones. But when I was at CVS today, I spotted this new display and it's the first time I've seen it at any drugstore in my area:

(click images to enlarge)



This is the Fantasy Makers "Mysterious Maven" collection and everything in it contains either shimmer, glitter or holographic glitter. And the best part? Everything's $1.99!

The products in this collection include glitter gel, vials of glitter and glitter eyeliners:







I must confess that I totally caved in and purchased two of these items, which I will review tomorrow. :)

Next I spotted some new collections by Orly. First is the "Trick or Treat" collection:



You can't see it in this pic but there are two blacks: one is plain cream black, and the other is a cream black with silver micro-glitter. Also in this pic it looks like the oranges are the same, but actually one orange is more neon while the other is a lighter tangerine-coral color.


The blue in this collection is actually a very pretty deep navy shimmer.

And finally I spotted the Orly Carnivale collection:







These are all pretty much your basic creams in oranges, purples, pinks and fuchsias, however, "BoNGo BeAT", which is in the upper left corner in all of these pics, is a very pretty shade of light pink with iridescent shimmer:



Tomorrow I'll review the two Wet n Wild products I purchased, and I've also got some new Dollar Tree finds to share with you. Until then, is there anything here in these seasonal collections that's catching your eye? I'd love to know!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I like BoNGo BeAT just cause my doggy's name Bongo :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. have to find CVS near my house, very interest in the glitter, love wetnwild since it is cheap, the nail polish sure is for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between Demeter and Orly displays, you have a great CVS. My CVS sells some Orly, but it's all shoved in the back with the other more higher end polishes (Essie and Borghese I think) on about two small racks, and they only have the basic reds, pinks, and purples, nothing out of new collections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to get some of that loose glitter for nail polish frankens!

    I am also loving the Milani Halloween nail polishes that are out. I think the collection is called Magical? It's a bunch of black nail polish with blue, red, orange, purple, silver, etc. micro glitter in them. So pretty! I will be posting some of them soon! Have you seen them around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ndoodles! What a cute name for a doggy! :)

    Hi ngocupham! Good luck and I hope you can find these! xo

    Hey Papaya Bunny! Oh believe me, not all CVS stores in my area are this good. lol. This one is actually the next town over--the CVS closest to me is exactly how you describe yours to be. lol. :)

    Hi contests and such! I actually did TWO blog posts about those Milani nail polishes! Seriously, I freaked out when I saw those displays in early September and I purchased two of them. Check these out for more info and swatches! :)

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2009/09/omg-these-milani-limited-edition-nail.html

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2009/09/milani-limited-edition-nail-lacquers.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn I want to see those Wet'n Wild stuff IRL. I hope we get them in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hope you do too, sweetie! They are so fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH EM GEE! I can't believe Halloween goodies are out! I saw a few of these in my CVS the other day and I felt kinda old all the sudden... like time just FLIES by!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and me both, honey...you and me both! I just can't believe it's Halloween time already.

    I was driving last night and I saw a house with Christmas lights on already. I literally yelled (inside my car of course), "IT'S FREAKING SEPTEMBER!!" I don't know why it made me so angry but suddenly I'm the cranky ol' lady of the neighborhood. lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never seen the orly trick or treat love the oranges and greens! do you perhaps know the names of those polishes? than i can go on a polish hunt haha

    have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig