Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, July 8, 2011

What I'm loving right now...


Time again for another installment of What I'm Loving Right Now, and this month I've got lots of things I'm pretty darned obsessed with, so let's get started.


First things first, I have been using my CoverGirl Intense Shadow Blast Primer + Shadow in Beige Blaze non-freaking-stop since I reviewed it here. I think I only touched on this briefly in my original review, but this product makes an EXCELLENT highlighter and every single day I find myself using it on the inside corners of my eyes. Oh oh oh! And I LOVE using it right underneath my lower lashline as a highlighter there too. I like to highlight that area when I'm wearing black liquid liner on my upper lashline (and no liner or mascara on my lower lashes). I think it makes for such a clean, elegant look, but I've always had such trouble finding the perfect product to wear in that region since my skin is so oily. Traditional highlighters or white shimmery pencils don't last under my lower lashline for more than an hour or two, but the CoverGirl? It lasts all day, even through tears and sweat! It just doesn't budge and I love it so much (as an eyeshadow primer as well, of course) that I wish I could buy a tube for each and every one of you.

 

Next up, I'm totally obsessed with my Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino (lower right blush above). When I first showed you swatches of this shade here, I think I mentioned that it's extremely pigmented. Well it took me a while to figure out just what to do with it to avoid looking like a clown, but now that I have my technique mastered, I keep reaching for Red Vino every single day. For me, one gentle press of my blush brush against the surface of this blush is  the exact amount I need for application to the apple of my cheeks. Much like my beloved Bobbi Brown blushes, Red Vino gives my cheeks a flush of color that looks like I've been either working out, or outdoors in very cold weather. It's such a natural, healthy-looking flush on my skin--I LOVE it.

 

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm still freaking out about how darned long my Palladio Herbal Precision Eyeliner in Black Onyx lasts on my waterline. The humidity is through the roof in San Diego right now, and yesterday I perspired so much it was to the point where my makeup literally melted off my face. Well, everything BUT this liner, which was still going strong even by 8pm last night.


I'm loving my NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lipstain in Persistent Pink, especially in this hot weather. I just don't want to wear a heavy lip color this time of year--I'd much rather wear something that I can't feel on my lips at all. Also, I don't want to carry around lip colors that may melt in my purse, and I don't want to have to keep reapplying my lip color, so these lipstains are absolutely perfect for me right now. After Persistent Pink sets, it becomes this very natural-looking pinkish-berry shade that fades to be a beautiful, subtle stain that I don't have to worry about or think about. Love that.


When I first reviewed this adorable cucumber-scented hand lotion from eos, I couldn't get over the packaging (I mean, come on!) and I absolutely loved the scent. Those two things have not changed, and I love keeping this lotion in my purse (it's such a neat thing to pull out and use, and it doesn't take up too much room in my purse, which I love). I love a lighter lotion when it's so hot outside, and this one's perfect. Plus, that smell. Oh my goodness, so soft, so comforting, so feminine without being cloying. Just a fab little hand lotion.

And finally, I haven't reviewed this product because it doesn't fit the budget-friendly theme of my blog, but I'm totally obsessed with my Boyfriend eau de parfum:


You can read about this fragrance created by actress Kate Walsh, here. I love love love this stuff and I want to thank my dad (Hey Dad, if you're reading this, you're the BEST) for giving this to me "just because". Well, I told him I had been wanting it, so he gave it to me and I'm so grateful. It's my number one fragrance these days. I love that she created it to mimic the scent of a boyfriend but with a feminine twist. It's like the best of all worlds on my skin and I cannot get enough.

What are YOU currently loving?

A sample of some of the product featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. This one I may have discovered on your blog. It's Degree deodorant with motionsense. It releases its effectiveness throughout the day. So far, so good. I'm recommending.

    The other is Macadamia Natural Oil in the Healing Oil Treatment formula. I found this at the Orlando Premiere, was so drawn to it without even so much as smelling it and now I'm in LOVE with it! Shhhh....don't tell Moroccan Argan products this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Moisture Lather Shampoo. I love the way it smells and makes my hair feel. But it is pricey. but you dont have to use much.
    I am also loving the Flasies Flared. it is even better than the original falsies.
    I also have been using the Loreal Go 360 Anti-Breakout cleanser and like it as well.
    I also have been loving NYX lipsticks. They are really moisturizing and a great color selection. I ordered mine during a sale on Cherry Culture and plan on purchasing some more when I visit Ulta(i dont have one near me, so I dont get to visit one often).
    Also I love my Tree Hut Body Scrub In Brazilian Nut and Coconut Lime. But id love to find the Freeman scrub you found the other day. I might just have to order it online, as i would like to try a few other products from them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the concept of this Boyfriend perfume. I'll be keeping a nose out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Boyfriend" perfume as well. Since I've received it, I can't stop wearing it. It might be the best perfume ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved "Boyfriend" when I smelled it @ Sephora.
    My only concern would be its lasting power.
    Is it long lasting?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig