Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Swatches: NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lipstains

If you'd like to see my full review of this lipstain in the shade Champagne Stain, please click here. Today I'm going to show you some additional shades that I was sent by NYC. As many of you know, I love these lipstains and I think they're some of the very best that you can find at the drugstore right now in terms of staying power, color selection and price (again, for details, see my full review). I can't believe these are just $4.99 each (even less if you wait for a sale and/or have coupons, of course!).


In terms of accuracy, the shades you see in these photos are pretty accurate, EXCEPT for Forever Fuchsia, which is the second shade from the left. For some reason, my camera is distorting this shade and in real life, it's more of a pinkish berry with slight blue undertones. In other words, it's not nearly as warm and red as you see in my pics.



Again, all of the swatches above are very accurate in terms of what I see with my naked eye, EXCEPT for Forever Fuchsia (second swatch from the top). On the skin, this shade is a true, blue-toned fuchsia, and not the pinkish-maraschino cherry red you see above.

But as far as the other colors go, they look almost identical in real life to what you see above. Now, of course, when worn on the lips these are going to appear differently than what you see on my arm. It all depends on the pigmentation of your lips! On my lips, I find that Persistent Pink is the most wearable shade of the four--it gives my lips a beautiful, natural-looking pink flush that I love quite a bit.

On my lips, Forever Fuchsia translates to a deep, intense, true magenta. It's definitely a high-impact shade and if you love true fuchsias or magentas, I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one!

On my lips, Rock on Ruby translates to a deep red shade (beautiful for fall), while Never Ending Nude turns a shade or two deeper and browner than what you see in the swatch above. I think this would be a beautiful shade on deeper skintones.

I hope this helps those of you who have been considering a purchase. If you have already tried an NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lipstain, I'd love to hear what shade(s) you have and how you like them! So far, I find myself reaching for Persistently Pink the most because I just love the soft, wearable berry-pink stain it gives my lips.

To see all of the shades in this range, click here.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I cannot find these at any cvs or target around me! When I do find them I am going to get every shade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so wanting to try these, they look so pretty. I havent tried a lip stain yet so these sound really good. Longs had the NYC line on sale for 40% off but they dont carry these there, found them at Walmart but at full price $4.99 and I couldnt bring myself to pay full price! arrgh lol!! Waiting for a sale or coupon, thanks for the great posts, I visit pretty much daily when I get your newsletter.

    ~Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found these today @ Target (dtwn Mpls so it's not a normal store stockwise), they were $4.74 ea. I got the Forever Freesia (NOT Fuchsia). I plan on getting a few more soon enough, I'm slightly obsessed with lip stains. I'll be testing it all weekend, but for under 5 bucks, I doubt I'll be complaining ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig