Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: Milani Baked Blushes

UPDATE: To see swatches of five additional shades of Milani Baked Blushes, click here.

Of all the blushes that have hit the drugstore over the past two years, these new Milani Baked Blushes absolutely win the award for most raves and buzz in the blogosphere. All I have to do is whisper "Milani Baked Blushes" on Twitter and I'm flooded with tweets about how much you all love these. And now, I completely understand why.

Milani Baked Blushes
(retail: $7.99, 0.12 oz)

I recently received three of the NINE shades in this new blush range for review, and um, I think it's pretty amazing that Milani has given us nine beautiful shades to choose from. Seriously, each shade is more lovely than the next. Don't believe me? Just click here for proof.

These blushes come in the same style packaging as the Baked Bronzers, although they are smaller than the bronzers.

(Note: I misspelled Corallina in these photos--my apologies!)

Definitely click on the above image to see the beautiful marbling up close. You can really see the gorgeous swirls of color in the picture taken with flash (on the right).


Corallina: true coral with an orange sheen and white-gold sparkle
Rose D'Oro: peach with a flash of rose-gold and gold sparkle
Red Vino: deep rosy-red with a gold sheen and gold sparkle

Note: all of the above shades contain a fair amount of sparkle and Corallina has the most sparkle of the three. But please, for those of you who do not like sparkle in your blushes, I want to be sure you know that this sparkle can be easily buffed away simply by blending this blush onto your skin. If you love the sparkle, don't blend it as much. If you don't care for the sparkle, just blend it a bit more and I find that the sparkle fades away easily. I LOVE that it's versatile in this way--you can really adjust it to your liking.

After going from the Maybelline Fit Me blush that I reviewed here, to these babies, let me just say that there's absolutely NO comparison. Pigmentation is NOT a problem with these; quite the contrary. If you skin is fair, you're going to have to use a very light hand with these because they are loaded--and I do mean loaded--with pigment.

In fact, here's a pic of me taken after the very first time I wore Red Vino:



As you can see, I applied WAY too much, because I was still in the mindset of the Maybelline blush. And when I tried to tone down Red Vino with some loose powder, it didn't even do the trick. This baby is PIGMENTED and if your skin is NC25 or below, this may be too darned pigmented for you. Oh what a problem to have, right? Could ALL drugstore blushes have this problem, please??

So again, if your skintone is light to fair, you seriously will need to use a very, very light hand and a whisper-light swipe when picking up Red Vino onto your blush brush. Trust me.

I also want to point out that you can't really see the sparkle in Red Vino at all in the above pic, because I chose to buff it away. See what I mean? You really can adjust the sparkle in these blushes.

And as for the staying power of these blushes, check this out:


This picture was taken after a very long day, eight hours after applying Corallina. Pretty incredible, especially for my super-oily skin. In fact, most of the makeup on my face, aside from this blush, has faded dramatically, but Corallina is still going strong.

FINAL VERDICT: If you love highly pigmented blushes in beautiful shades, run, don't walk, and check out the new Milani Baked Blushes. The pigmentation, blendability and staying power of these blushes are top notch in my book, and the colors are so pretty I wish I could eat them. Please don't be afraid of the sparkle--I am not a huge sparkle-lover myself and I find these so easy to work with. You can buff away the sparkle as much as you like, as you can see in my pics above. I honestly have not one bad thing to say about these blushes--they are, as the kids say, FULL OF WIN. For $7.99, they're a total no-brainer.

You can find Milani Baked Blushes on the Milani website, CherryCulture, CVS, Target and wherever else Milani products are sold in your area.

Do you already own any Milani Baked Blushes? If so, what shades do you own, and how do you like them? If you don't already own some, are you thinking about picking some up?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I love love love these blushes. So far my favorite one is Luminoso... it is such a pretty peachy orange. The orange part scared me at first but it looks good even on my uber fair skin. You should try that one next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just reviewed Corallina on my blog a couple of days ago and have the exact opinion as you - these blushes just rock the house!!! Fantastic deal for a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessi: Oh darn, I think you're right. Liminoso MUST be mine! lol! Thanks love! :D

    Urban Warrior: Oh my goodness, your message just made me realize that I misspelled Corallina in this post! Thank you for bringing that to my attention (inadvertently!) and I'm so glad you love this shade too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, these blushes are just friggin fabulous. I bought 1 first, loved it to pieces and went back for 3 more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried any of the Milani blushes, but now I feel like I need Coralina and Rose D'Oro... You're such an enabler! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to try these blushes!! Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose D'Oro is definitely going in the cart next time I do a Cherry Culture haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been seeing these pop up on blogs everywhere, and I can't wait to find them at a store near me. I absolutely love the Milani line, and am anxious to try these baked blushes! Baked goods are my weekness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooow gorgeous shades, wish I could get them here too. Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looooove these! Rose D'oro is my favorite from the 6 I own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey G! OMG, I LOVE these blushes!!! They are most definitely High-end quality at a drugstore price!!! I have 2 shades: Luminoso and Corallina. I seriously love these and am reaching for Luminoso *all* the time! Even thouogh I am uber-fair, I am finding that I want a brighter bolder blush lately and these deliver! I am wanting to pick up the Rose shade next! Love em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up the Rose D'Oro and Corallina blushes last week at Walgreens, and I love them both. I have my eye on Dolce Pink and Berry Amore next. As far as pigmentation, I think these are on par with some of the MAC and Nars blushes I own.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read alot about Coralina! I may try one of the blushes now that I have seen a small display at my local Walgreen! Love that it wears so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so pretty! I'll have to pick some up when they go on sale as CVS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look gorgeous. I need to pick these up, not that I need anymore blush! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I regret not getting at least one yesterday when I was at Walgreens :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope they will put these on sale at Wags soon. I want Dolce Pink and coralina.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stephanie: Yay! So glad you feel the same way. :)

    Caitlin: lol!! Well, it had to be done. These blushes are amazing!

    DeyiMizu: You are so welcome!

    Dee: Get it! Get it! lol. I'm so bad! :)

    ShakeupYourMakeup: Girlie, I can almost guarantee that you're going to LOVE them. :)

    Charlene: Awww, I'm sorry! :(

    Rai: Oh girlie, how did I not know that you already own SIX of them? lol!! Hurry up with your reviews already. :D

    Pammy: Yay! I'm so glad you already own and love these! You're really making me want to try Luminoso next. ;)

    sabrina: I absolutely agree with you about the pigmentation. I too, think they're on par w/ my MAC and NARS blushes. So amazing!

    robin: I've love to know what you think if you pick up Corallina. :)

    Nicole: I don't think you'll be disappointed, girlie. :)

    Mz. More: lol! I have a feeling none of us probably need more blush, but I'm telling you these are an exception. I think you will LOVE them, and please please review if you get one, ok? I'd love to see your thoughts. :)

    Iris: Oh don't you hate it when that happens? Well...next time, right? :)

    ashwillis: Me too! I would love to see you get one because I think you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ive totally been meaning to try these out. after reading your review, i knew i had to get them! i picked up 4 of these. they didnt have coralina, so i got luminoso. do you think they are similar enough or very different? i really want coralina~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow!! those blushes look great! I've never paid attention to them before but now I might just have to get the Coralina one... both looked gorj on u! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK, I TOTALLY want them SO BAD!! I wish they were just a tiny little bit cheaper like 5 bucks instead... because I will literally get them ALL!!! I keep admiring them and picking them up, and then putting them down (my reasoning being that I have WAY too much makeup, which I do). But I Really don't have anything like this. Great review as usual G. I think I will have to pick them up!! ARH!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like pigmented blushes but, have to remember to not be heavy-handed. I have medium fair skin tone and no blush makes me look sick; too much and I'm a clown. I think I'd like these blushes, since I like Milani's shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for all the swatches~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rose d' Oro has my name on it, haha! lemming NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love love loveeee these blushes! just purchased two more over the weekend which was fantastico mauve and red vino. i'm out to collect 'em all ;)
    and you're completely right about the pigmentation. I have light skin (Nw20) and I literally just have to lightly swipe an angled blush brush on my cheek and I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just happened to come across this post today and was so excited! I've been picking up and putting down this blush for the past 2 weeks! I really wasn't sure about it and ended up buying the Maybelline Fit Me Blush and wasn't very happy with it. So I literally went to Walgreens right after reading your review and bought the Corallina. I LOVE IT!! I'm so happy right now that I've finally found a blush that is perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig