Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spotted: New Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara

It's no secret that Almay and Revlon are owned by the same company. If you've seen my previous post about the new Almay foundation that surfaced recently, you know that it's very similar to the new Revlon foundation.

That said, I am delighted that Almay has released a couple of products recently that are not similar to existing Revlon products, and I really hope to see more of that in the future.

And with that, I'd like to show you the latest mascara release from Almay, which is probably going to remind you of another recent release from...you guessed it...Revlon:

Almay One Coat Get Up & Grow Mascara
(retail: around $8.99)



Get Up & Grow. It doesn't have the same ring as Grow Luscious, but it's funny because the font on the tube (which you can't see in these pics) is the same metallic green as the Grow Luscious tube. Really! Clearly the brush is a lot different (which will be great if you don't care for the huge Grow Luscious brush), but the concept is pretty much identical to Grow Luscious.

I have a long and very nice history with Almay products (I lived in their pressed powder for most of the 80s and I still love their liquid liner) but I hope that in the future they'll release more products that don't closely resemble Revlon products. Almay has its own vibe, and I would hate to always view this brand as the little sister who's wearing her big sister's dress to the prom. I'd love to see Almay excite us again!

How do you feel about these new Almay products? Are you sad to see them closely resemble products from Revlon, or do you like having the choice between the two brands? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I honestly have never tried Almay cosmetics. I don't know why, but to me, the brand has always seemed a bit boring compared to other make-up brands. I used to be a HUGE fan of Revlon, but am now gravitating towards L'Oreal and Maybelline primarily. They seem to have the best NEW products in cosmetics of late, with CoverGirl close behind. Maybe Almay deserves a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their liquid liner, eye base, foundations, and their powders. I find their products tend to be more necessities than exciting new products. That's fine with me, but I'm sure they would have more fans if they had some more exciting products. I think they used to have some nice matte bushes they should bring back, and I'd love to see their eyeshadow formulation improve.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig