Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 26, 2013

Your Wet n Wild Questions: Answered!

With all of the recent releases from Wet n Wild now hitting drugstores, I have taken your questions to my contact at Wet n Wild (for those unaware, I am actually a Wet n Wild Beauty Ambassador so I have direct contact with the brand) and I've got some answers for you! Read on for everything I know...

Q: Are the new Coloricon Trios (Silent Era Film, Camera Obscura and Grays Matter) limited edition or are they new additions to the permanent line?

A: They are limited edition trios.

Q: Where can I find these new trios?

A: So far they have been spotted by readers at Walmart, Kmart and Walgreens, in a display that looks like this.

Q: I haven't been able to find the new Holiday 2013 eyeshadow palettes. Where have they been spotted?

A: So far, I've heard from readers who have found them at HEB and also Burlington Coat Factory locations that have an extended beauty department. I expect they'll show up at other retailers soon. I personally found the following display at a local Burlington Coat Factory just last week (the one in Clairemont, for readers in San Diego):

Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 Limited Edition Palettes at Burlington Coat Factory*

*I also spotted both the Holiday 2013 Fergie polishes and Holiday 2013 Coloricon polishes at my Burlington Coat Factory just last week.

Q: Will you be creating sightings maps for the new trios and Holiday 2013 collections?

A: Yes! I will create maps for both, this weekend.

Q: What about the new Fergie Jet-Set Palettes? You mentioned that those were a Walgreens-exclusive. Will they be at all Walgreens locations?

A: That I do not know...I'm still awaiting confirmation.

Q: I found the new Fergie Jet-Set palettes at my Walgreens but I couldn't find the one with the cream shadows. What's up with that?

A: I'm actually hoping to have more info on that soon. I received the other palette for review (I'll be swatching it as soon as I can) but I did not receive the one with the cream shadows for review.

Q: You mentioned that some of the shades in the Fall 2012 Megalast Pick Your Poison collection are being reissued and are available at Walgreens in a Halloween end-cap display like this. But I actually found the ENTIRE Pick Your Poison collection at my Walgreens recently. Are these polishes going to be at other retailers or just Walgreens?

A: I was very surprised to hear from several of you that the entire Fall 2012 Pick Your Poison Collection is now surfacing at certain Walgreens locations. I think that's great, considering how many people missed out on them last year. I have received confirmation that these are a Walgreens-exclusive re-issue.

Q: Can you please explain the "new" Megalast nail color shades again? I'm confused.

A: Don't worry--a lot of people are confused about this! In a nutshell, back at the beginning of this year, Wet n Wild released 40+ new shades in their Megalast line, available exclusively at Dollar General. But recently, SOME of these new shades have also been popping up at other retailers in displays like this and this. What you might not know is that most of these new shades are actually the same as some of the Spoiled by Wet n Wild shades that are available exclusively at CVS. So this is good news if you 1) don't live near a CVS and 2) prefer the Megalast bottles and brushes.

Whew! I think that about covers it, but if I failed to answer any of your questions about the newest Wet n Wild releases, please leave a comment below and I'll try my best to get answers for you.
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I found my holiday palettes at The Christmas Tree Shops

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know G, you're pretty amazing! Thanks for your tireless devotion to all things make-up! <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw, Carol I love you right back! Thank YOU for being such a loyal reader (and commentor!!). You have no idea how much I appreciate that. *hugs*

      Delete
  3. I found the Holiday 2013 limited edition display at Duane Reade in NYC (which is owned by Walgreen's) a couple of weeks ago. It was the one in Union Sq.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know if any of the limited edition WnW items will be making their way to Canada? I'd really like to get my hands on some of these! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to find these. They look amazing!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for clearing up these questions. And, showing what the display looks like helps in spotting it in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to find any Fantasy Makers ANYTHING. Where are people finding this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this G.!!!! I am excited to possibly finally find Pick Your Poison collection! IDKY I think I will find it this year when I never find anything LE from WNW, but you have renewed my hope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If my stores get these items, they hide them from me VERY well :( It makes me very sad... I HAVE to have the "Poison Ivy" nail polish, and those new trios!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found the holiday palette at Harmon's Face Values.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still trying to find the Beauty Army Trios!

    I found them at one Walgreens and everything was gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wnw holiday palettes.. The neutral palette is especially wonderful. It's much different than other products I have from wnw (eyeshadows) this palette comes with three different color highlighter shades that can also be layered atop the middle row of colors.. Which are pearl colors. None of the middle row colors are extremely dark. But the two "liner" shades at the bottom are extremely pigmented, matte colors. They are 4.99 each, which becomes a little pricey when u buy all three.. I'd recommend the neutral out of all three , followed by glistening and last- lights camera attraction ( the most powdery, least pigmented of the three IMO) I hope that helps! Btw: I found these at Duane reade in union square, as well as the dr on broadway-Lafayette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you please tell wet n wild to make foundations, powders for yellow skin girls?! The amjorty of drug store brands cater to only pink undertones gals and maybe 2 out of 20 or so shades are yellow undertones which doesn't really help. I have literally bought everything under the sun to match my light-medium olive skin and although I would love to save money and buy wonderful products from wet n wild etc, they are too pink! Please make more yellow undertones shades!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to mention that I recently (2 weeks ago?) saw the Holiday 2013 eye shadow sets at my local Rite Aid (Altadena, CA).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anyone see the holiday collection in MN?????

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig