Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 1, 2013

Update on the new Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color shades

Do you remember back in March when I posted about the 40+ new shades that were added to the Wet n Wild Megalast line? These new shades were spotted at Dollar General, and since then I've been asked several times if I knew when they might show up in other retail stores.

I can now tell you that I have received official confirmation directly from Wet n Wild that the new Megalast shades are Dollar General exclusives. You will only find all 40+ new shades at Dollar General stores.

However, I have heard from several of you that SOME of the new Megalast shades have been surfacing at Walgreens recently in these value packs (thanks to reader Tiffany for kindly sharing these pics with us):

image credit: Tiffany for Nouveau Cheap
Wet n Wild Value Pack End-Cap Display at Walgreens
(nail polish value packs: $2.99 each)

Keep reading for more info...

 image credit: Tiffany for Nouveau Cheap

The MIDDLE shade in each of these value packs is a NEW Megalast shade (the first polish you see in each pack is an existing, core shade).

image credit: Tiffany for Nouveau Cheap

If these middle shades look familiar to you, you're not imagining things  Some of the new Megalast shades are actually repackaged shades from the Spoiled by Wet n Wild nail color line (which is exclusive to CVS). For example, the red/black/silver glitter above, Club Cabaret, is the same as Spoiled Shuffle The Deck. I can't confirm that ALL of the new shades are the same as existing Spoiled shades, but I do believe that several of them are.

This could be a good thing if 1) You don't live near a CVS and have never tried the Spoiled polishes or 2) You prefer the brushes in the Megalast polishes to the brushes in the Spoiled polishes.

I hope this post clears up some questions you may have had about these new Megalast shades. Any questions, let me know!

Thanks again, Tiffany, for the great pics--this was so helpful!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I thought the brushes in the Spoiled and Megalast were the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Spoiled polishes have brushes that are NOTHING like the Megalast polish brushes. They're big and super "fluffy" and I know that several readers found theirs to be "wonky" and unevenly cut. I have heard that WnW improved the brushes on the new shades I posted about a week or two ago, so those MIGHT be closer to the Megalast brushes?

      Delete
  2. I do have all of the Spoiled polishes which is what kept me from buying these, but there were a few colors that looked new, even if the brushes are better! Hopefully I can take a look at them again at Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T_T no CVS or Dollar General in my neck of the woods... Sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snother thing i cant get! Mo dollar general near me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder which ones aren't the same as Spoiled?...I don't want to end up purchasing the same ones again. Kinda hard to remember with my polish collection lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Megalast brushes and I have been thinking if buying a couple of colors and keeping just the brushes to use with polishes that have not best brush. Anyone ever try that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so bummed! I've never been to a dollar store. Are there any in Los Angeles? No idea. I guess I'll have to search! I've been looking for the new shades for ages but haven't found them. Now I know why! Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far, I haven't seen any new Megalast colors that aren't dupes (or at least very close cousins) of other WnW colors. There are a few that call to me, and I have to keep reminding myself that "I already have that".

    I think I remember you wondering if Black Light Party was new, and at the time I also thought that it might be the only truly new color. I bought that one, and after looking at it more closely at home, have decided that it is a dupe of a Spoiled polish. I think it *might* be Checkin' Into Rehab, but I'm not sure. I just googled pics of both to confirm it, and they look the same online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know, thanks! I saw those trios at Wags but held off on buying any because I had some of the shades already and some others looked familiar from other WnW lines.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are no dollar general near me. I am so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's too bad that these are a Dollar General exclusive, some of us don't have access to that store. I guess I now have a taste of what people without a nearby Rite Aid feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're killing me... Sooooo many things I want and none of them are near me :( I swear, the stores in Charlottesville suck!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig