Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, September 9, 2013

(Updated with swatches) Spotted: Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 In The Spotlight Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette Collection

'Tis the season for the Holiday 2013 collections to start popping up in stores, and today I have the Holiday 2013 Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeshadow palettes to show you!

I want to thank reader and YouTuber prettydaysies for alerting me to the fact that @4seasonsofmakeup78 on Instagram posted these photos today. I asked @4seasonsofmakeup78 if I could share her photos with you, and she graciously said yes (she found this collection at her local HEB, by the way). Take a peek:

image credit: @4seasonsofmakeup78 for Nouveau Cheap
Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 In The Spotlight Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette Collection
(retail: $4.99 each)

If these palettes looks familiar to you, there's a reason for that. I'll explain, after the jump...

The top of the display reads:

"The spotlight is on you this season...shine tonight!"

The bottom of the display reads:

"Our rich, blendable, highly-pigmented colors deliver an unparalleled eye-catching finish that's truly out of this world!" 

There are three palettes in this collection. Each palette contains eight shades (six pans). Here's a closer look at two of the palettes:

image credit: @4seasonsofmakeup78 for Nouveau Cheap
A Great Glistener and No Neutral Ground

I believe that the third palette (which is in the center in the photo at the top of this post) is called Lights, Camera, Attraction and it contains blues and pinks.

If these palettes look familiar to you, that's because Wet n Wild has released palettes in this format before. Remember the Get Your Look Eyeshadow Medley Palettes from Spring 2013? The format is identical, and at first I thought these these new palettes were just repromotes of the Spring 2013 palettes, but they're not. The product codes are different, and the color combinations are different. In fact, you can see the Spring 2013 palettes over on Emi's blog here (most of the shades were nicely pigmented, by the way, so I hope that these new palettes are as well!).

So what IS the same is the format. You get three sparkly overcoats (top of the palette), three pearl finish shades (middle row) and two mattes (bottom row) in each palette. Again, to get an idea of the finishes, check out Emi's post here, of the Spring 2013 palettes.

UPDATE 9/11/13:

Wet n Wild just sent me press photos of the three palettes in this collection:




And a HUGE thanks to reader Mindy for the following photos. Mindy purchased all three palettes and took the time to swatch them for us!

NOTE: Mindy swatched one swipe of each shadow on top of  Too Faced Shadow Insurance for all of the following photos.

 image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap 
No Neutral Ground

  image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap
 A Great Glistener

 image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap

 image credit: Mindy for Nouveau Cheap 
Lights, Camera, Attraction

Have any of you spotted this collection in your area yet? Thoughts? I don't know which retailers are going to carry this collection, but obviously these aren't a Walgreens-exclusive like the Spring 2013 palettes, since both Mindy and @4seasonsofmakeup78 spotted them at HEB. If there's enough interest in these, I'll certainly start a sightings map for them--just let me know if you'd like to see one!

Thanks so much, @4seasonsofmakeup78, for letting me share your pictures here today--I really appreciate that! Thanks to @daysies for taking the time to let me know about these, and huge thanks to reader Mindy for taking the time to swatch all three palettes for us!
SHARE:

44 comments

  1. These look fantastic! I will be on the lookout as usual...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lucked up on the Spring 2013 ones in Texas. Hopefully there's enough difference for me to get these too-LOL! Thanks for such a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'll definitely be on the hunt for these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look pretty, I'm digging the teal & bronzey shades in "No Neutral Ground". Hopefully they're as pigmented as the regular color icon line. That was nice of 4seasonsofmakeup78 to let you use her images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of these. Hope they have good pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope we get these where I am in Florida, we never got the Spring 2013 ones :( I would love to have sightings map for this, it'll probably be my only hope of getting my hands on them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I get these too near me! I live near Orlando and hardly get any LE Wet N Wild items. I even had to go online to get the Pop Art nail polishes. Why does Florida have to luck out? Especially last year with the Where's the Party pallets last year, I went all over for the Shimmer Night Away pallet and had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want the two palettes u featured. Do u know what the release date is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ??? I think that maybe you misread my post? This display was spotted in-store, meaning they're already released! :)

      Delete
  9. Wait...there was a set released like this one last Spring? How did I miss THAT one!!? Maybe I just forgot about it. I'm SOOOOO happy that these are powders and not cream shadows. WnW doesn't do creams so well. But they are BOSS with powder shadows. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yep... the spring ones were Walgreens-exclusives and not at every wags location. :)

      Delete
  10. I totally want those. I haven't seen them yet, but I'll be on the look-out for them in my area!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No Neutral Ground is pretty but I don't know if I really want to hunt it down. I have bad luck with these LE things from Wet n Wild! I am a teal fiend though and the glitter overlay shade-things are pretty looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to see any of those in Zip Code 19064!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Going to have to get a friend to send them to me because we never get LE stuff here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Mindy for the swatches!
    Thank you G for the post! ^^

    These shadows don't look that sheer like some previous eyeshadows from WnW.

    A Great Glistener looks very nice. I like the bluish/lavender shades. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just bought the No Neutral Ground palette at my HEB in Austin! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, please let us know what you think when you do! :)

      Delete
  16. Any chance of a comment regarding their pigmentation, quality, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think i am going to pass on these. they dont look anything pigmentation wise like the 8 pan palettes from wet n wild. they also dont scream fall or winter to me. i have a feeling that they are going to come out with a holiday limited edition 8 pan palette. i hope anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i think i am going to pass on these. they dont look anything pigmentation wise like the 8 pan palettes from wet n wild. they also dont scream fall or winter to me. i have a feeling that they are going to come out with a holiday limited edition 8 pan palette. i hope anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pigmentation on these looks great from the photos! I'd love to get my hands on No Neutral Ground. Not sure if I'll be able to get them here in Canada though. Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the colors in No Neutral Ground best. Thanks for the swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw these yesterday at HEB in San Antonio, Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  23. can you please do a location finder for these?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really really hope I see these in MN soon I have been SUPER lucky to find the fall 2013, 3 pans and the fergie big palette even though they only had 1 of the palettes not the one I wanted of course Im hoping my luck will continue and I find these soon because I am looking forward to these palettes the most !!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Could someone please post the UPC of all three of these palettes? I am wanting them All and have had no luck finding them. Thank so much!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a Holiday collection so my guess is they will start popping up in most stores in mid to late Octobet HEB just seems to be super early with the displays which makes me so sad that I am all the way in Mn boo lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. No neutral ground is for me! Maybe I'll get lucky and Wallgreens will have it out today when I go check for Disney Villains stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw all three at my local CVS in North County SD and they scanned $3 with CVS card. I ended up getting Lights, Camera, Attraction.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I got the Lights, Camera, Attraction at my local CVS and it scanned $3 with CVS card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I found all three palettes yesterday at my local cvs...i swatched them and I wasn't really impressed with the color payoff..I love wnw so I was really disappointed :/ I'm going to swatch them over primer today to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I got the palette at my local cvs..I love wnw but I have to be honest the only shades that were really pigmented were the two bottom matte shades, the other shades were not soft and didnt have great color payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I picked up No Neutral Ground and A Great Glistener today at my local Fred Meyer and they're just as beautiful in person. They're also having a sale right now so I got the second one half off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Too bad none of the limited edition iteams come to Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig