Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Tough Girl Collection Limited Edition Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio in Spoiled Army Brat

This review is long-overdue. I know that the Tough Girl Collection has been out for a while now, and you can see my review and swatches (including my comparisons to other Wet n Wild shadows) of the other trios in this collection right here.

I had mentioned in my original review that I didn't receive all of the trios in the Tough Girl Collection for review, so it took some hunting to find Spoiled Army Brat. But I did recently find it at Walgreens, and I've heard from a few of you in the past week who have also found the Tough Girl collection recently at your Walgreens stores. So if you're still trying to get your hands on all of these trios, don't give up (you can also refer to the sightings map here for help--I just approved lots of new sighting on the map today, in fact).

NOTE: If you do find these trios at Walgreens this week, remember that they're on sale for $2 each (now through Saturday, 9/28).

 Wet n Wild Limited Edition Tough Girl Collection
Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio in Spoiled Army Brat
(retail: $2.99, 0.12 oz)



The three shades in this trio are:
  • a shimmery mauve
  • a shimmery coral with fine violet shimmer
  • a shimmery peach with silver sparkle


As you can see, "eyelid" was accidentally stamped upside-down on my trio. But no worries, because I like to use the peach shade as my browbone shade, and the mauve as my eyelid shade anyway (as you'll see in a moment).


Swatched on bare skin, these shades are nothing too special. But swatched over primer, their true beauty really comes out:


Here's what all three shades look like on me:


For this look, I used the mauve shade on my lid, the coral shade on my crease and the peach shade on my browbone. I also applied a little bit of the mauve shade to my lower lashline, just to tie the look together.




Texture and consistency: None of the shades in this trio have a hard consistency--they are all soft, but not too soft. I find all of them very easy to work with, and I'm able to pick up color with my brush without any issues. The mauve and peach shades do kick up a bit of powder during application, but nothing too extreme. I don't experience any fallout with the coral shade.

Blendability: As with most Wet n Wild eyeshadows I own, these blend like a dream. No issues there, although they do generally work better over primer (both for blending and vibrancy).

Pigmentation: Again, not great without primer, but very nice when worn over primer. I'm willing to bet that most Wet n Wild devotees already use eyeshadow primer with their WnW shadows, so I'm not telling you anything new here.

Staying Power: Without primer, I can get about 3-4 hours before I see major fading. With primer, these shadows last all day and into the night for me.

FINAL VERDICT:  If you love mauves and colors that work nicely with mauves, I say grab this one while you can. I can see the coral shade working quite nicely on both warmer and cooler skintones, due to the subtle violet shimmer running through it (it makes the overall color a little less warm-toned than other corals).  I can't think of another coral shade from the drugstore quite like this one, and while the mauve and peach shades aren't terribly unique, they are beautiful over primer and quite versatile. Definitely worth $2.99, if you ask me!

Do you own any of the Tough Girl collection trios? What are some of your favorites? Again, to see my review of the other trios in this collection, click here. If you're still looking for the Tough Girl collection, check out the interactive sightings map, here.

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I love these three shades together. And you are right about the texture being just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding us about the sale at Walgreens. That's a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. G I just want to take the time to say thank you. Thanks for everything you do. You've definitely help a lot of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shades look so pretty and they fit each other nicely. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors look nice, and better with a primer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw the shadows on your eye, I actually whispered to my self, "oh my god that's gorgeous". So now I have to get that trio. Already bought the Greys Matter and Silent Era Film. I wasn't impressed with the pigmentation on Grey's Matter.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig