Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 11, 2013

A new beige Color Tattoo??


UPDATE: Mystery solved! Click here to see the new beige shade (it's Limited Edition).

I received a very interesting comment on the You Tell Me page today from reader christy1015. Christy writes:

When buying the new Maybelline LE Color Tattoos at the BB&B/Harmons in Tukwila, WA today I came home with a Color Tattoo named "Precious Pearl, #10. The only CT I can find that is numbered '10' is 'Fierce & Tangy'. The color is exactly like 'Barely Branded/Beige'. I can't find anything online about a "Precious Pearl" Color Tattoo. Does anyone else have this eyeshadow? 

Let's back up and refresh our memories a bit. In the Fall of 2012, Maybelline released the limited edition shade Barely Beige (along with three other Fashion Week shades). And then in Winter 2012, Maybelline released the new PERMANENT shades I blogged about here, which included the shade Barely Branded. Barely Branded is very similar to the limited edition shade, Barely Beige:


image credit: Joanne for Nouveau Cheap
70 Barely Branded (permanent)
100 Barely Beige (limited edition from Fall 2012)

So is there a NEW shade that's similar to both of these beiges?? Have any of you seen a new shade called 10 Precious Pearl in stores? I wonder if that's taking the place of 10 Fierce & Tangy, or if they're just changing the number of Fierce & Tangy? Hum...let's hope we can solve this mystery soon!

PS: And none of the NEW limited edition shades are named 10 Precious Pearl.

Thanks for the info and question, christy1015!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I personally like the Orange, adds some punch to the basic drugstore shades, but I think neutrals will reign supreme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just realized that the white original shade 05 Too Cool is not on their website anymore. I may be a little late on that, but its interesting! I have not seen this Precious Pearl shade, but I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be so sad if Fierce and Tangy is discontinued. I just bought a new pot, but I'm tempted to stock up, just in case. It is so hard to find a pigmented orange eyeshadow in the drugstore, and there is already a glut of neutrals. Don't take away my brights, Maybelline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been digging online since that post came through... and cannot find any mention of it- EXCEPT a tumblr post titled "color tattoo precious pearl(?)" that shows up in a search but I cannot actually get to load. So someone, somewhere mentioned it. HMMM. I would love to see a photo of it, I don't doubt the original poster.. but I find it hard to believe a single new shade would be released, or that nobody would have heard about it before it hit the stores. Let's face it.. collectively we are like the beauty FBI around here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO intrigued by this!! I'm almost tempted to call the BB&B in Tukwila, WA and ask about it. Their number is 206-241-2226 if anyone else wants to give it a go :-) Like Unknown (BTW, loved the "beauty FBI" comment! SO true!!), I also Googled every thing I could think of in relation to this and din't find a thing. I just can't resist a good beauty product mystery and this has me slightly obsessed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have posted a photo of the shadow on the Nouveau Cheap facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is yet another new limited edition Color Tattoo out. It is called Blue Paradise (#15)! It is in a separate display with the limited edition Precious Pearl (#10) and the display looks very similar to the one with the six limited edition ones. Except this display has four new Color Whisper lip colors. I'm not sure if the Color Whispers are limited edition, but they are new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just bought both eye shadows and all 4 lip colors.

      Delete
  8. I can confirm the Precious Pearl color. I just bought it as well as Blue Paradise. Both are limited edition.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig