Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, May 28, 2012

Spotted: new nail products and more (pic heavy)

Since the majority of this sightings post is devoted to new nail products, I'll start the post with the only non-nail sighting I spotted at  Rite Aid the other day (all of the products in this post were spotted at Rite Aid, by the way):

 New CoverGirl + Olay Pressed Powder

When I first spotted this display, I cannot tell you how happy I was. If you caught my Tone Rehab review, then you know that I've been enjoying that foundation, so I'm delighted to see that there's now an accompanying powder. I will definitely review this in the future--fingers crossed it works beautifully with Tone Rehab!


There are six shades of powder in this display (I don't know if there are more shades available, but in the display there were six):


Fair and Fair/Light


Light and Light/Medium


Medium and Medium/Deep

Next up, I spotted the new Sally Hansen Limited Edition Insta Dris:





And FINALLY I spotted the new Jesse's Girl Julie G. polishes! HINT: these were NOT located in the regular Jesse's Girl wall display. I found them in the nail care aisle, right above the CQ, Petites and Chameleon polishes. The retail price of these polishes is $3.99 but right now on the Video Values site there's a $1 off coupon for these.

There are 27 shades in this display:




And here's a closer look at some of the sparkly shades--interesting to note that there's a dupe of Zoya Charla/OPI Catch Me In Your Net, but there was already a Jesse's Girl dupe of this shade (Glee), so I'm wondering how this new dupe will compare:


 I'm not sure how new these new shades of Petites are, but since I just noticed them, I thought I'd share:


What I like about this display is that, if you look at the pic below, it states: "for best results use white base coat with clear top coat". I like that they added that blurb to the display (and even included a white base coat in the range) so that you'll know right off the bat that these will probably be sheer on their own.


Another thing I just noticed: the Pretty Woman Magnetix polishes (click here for my review) have been added to the permanent nail care aisle (right above the Jesse's Girl Julie G. polishes):


And finally, I spotted some fun new Nailene products:


These new Nailene Professional French Glitz kits come with 42 nail guides (love those), a base color, french white color and a glittery top coat. The glitter looks kind of holo, right?

There are two different kits: one has a bubblegum pink base color (above) and one has a softer pink (below). 


THESE new kits really grabbed my attention:


The new Nailene Artist Expressions kits come in two shades: Warm (above) and Cool (below).

What I find most interesting about these kits is that they come with an Artist Fx Sparkle Coat, which is a "glowy" shimmer polish. These types of clear polishes with glowy shimmer remind me of polishes from the late 70s and early 80s--this was a big fad back then, and I believe there are some old-school Sally Hansens that are like this as well. I'm very curious to see how the "glow" in these polishes will translate to the nail, and what type of extra dimension these polishes might be able to add to existing polishes in my collection.

In these kits you also get a tube of what looks to be loose glitter and a traditional nail striper.


And last but not least:


The new Nailene French Glitz 2 Go set includes a midnight blue french tip pen, a jar of loose glitter and a clear top coat. I LOVE the Nailene French Tip pens (especially the Pearly White one) so I'm happy to see they're branching out into different shades.


Have you spotted/purchased any of the products in this post? Thoughts?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Lordy that French Glitz 2 Go is killer! So are the Julie G pastels! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is some really interesting things coming out! I can't wait to see it in stores soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a JulieG fan AT ALL but the color Birthday Suit is the most perfect, opaque pale pink I've ever found. However, it seemed like it got goopy in the bottle very fast. Been absolutely obsessed with it since I got it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Sally Insta Dri display and Naiilenes sets at Walmart a couple weeks ago (in northern Michigan), I got Blue By and completely love it, it's like The Sky's the Limit got a big sister (it's a few shades deeper and more mature) but still bright and creamy. My local Walmart has the nailene sets to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Nailene sets with the shimmer polish in them remind me of the Creative Nail Designs (CND) Sparkle effects top coats. (sapphire sparkle and crimson sparkle) I have both and I saw the sets in the store and they look similar. (not saying the same...but similar)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nailene products have been at Walmart for months now. I think I first saw them in February. I haven't tried them yet but really what to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was curious about the CG powder. I've seen it both at Walgreens and CVS now. I love powder foundations but the lightest looked "off" and like it'd be dull on the skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig