Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 10, 2011

New EcoTools products!

Remember back in November when I posted this info about the new 2011 products from EcoTools? Well I'm delighted to tell you I now have even more info, with images, to share with you!

Please note: these are new core collection products (not the new Alicia Silverstone products which I showed you here).



5 Piece Travel Brush Set ($9.99) and 6 Piece Brush Set ($12.99) 
available at www.eco-tools.com

From EcoTools:

Replace worn out brushes with an eco-alternative from ecoTOOLS.  The two revamped sets, the 6 Piece Brush Set – featuring a Blush Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Lash & Brow Groomer, Concealer Brush, and foldover bag with separate compartments for brushes and beauty essentials – and 5 Piece Travel Brush Set – containing a Powder Brush, Concealer Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Kabuki Brush, and zip up pouch – house the essential tools to get everything from a faux glow to a cat eye.
 
Recycled Aluminum Retractable Foundation Brush ($5.99)
Bamboo Finishing Kabuki ($6.99) 
Bamboo Smudge Eyeliner Brush with Sharpener ($3.99)
available at www.eco-tools.com

 From EcoTools:

Once you have these key accessories, you’ll only need a few specialty tools to round out your collection.  The Bamboo Smudge Eyeliner Brush with Sharpener perfects a smoky eye; and the Recycled Aluminum Retractable Foundation Brush and Bamboo Finishing Kabuki put the finishing touches on a flawless face.

Once you’ve invested (inexpensively) in these indispensable brushes, make sure you treat them with care.  Wipe brushes clean after each use with a baby wipe, and thoroughly clean once a week (soak in warm water with a clarifying shampoo, gently rub the hairs, and rinse), then let the bristles air dry.  This will remove not only makeup residue, but body oils and dead skin, which are havens for bacteria.  Always store the brushes upright in a cup, or in a makeup bag when traveling (you can use the bags included in the sets for this!).
  
Are you excited to try any of these new offerings from EcoTools? Do you already own any of these new brushes or sets? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. I bought the finishing Kabuki from Walgreens about a week ago and i love it! I've been using it for foundation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the 5-pc. set - which is really 4-pc. plus the dinky bag. I got it for the powder brush but I'm using that for blush, and I like it.

    Haven't used the kabuki yet. I will be using the concealer brush, but the eyeshadow looks too big and loose. We'll see.

    And because I live an ocean away in Hawaii, I got to pay $11.99(!) for the set at Walgreen's. I have not seen EcoTools at either Wal-Mart - but I rarely go there - or CVS, which I frequent. In fact, I had thought of ordering EcoTools online, and glad I didn't have to.

    I looked at the 6-pc. set - maybe if it goes on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been searching like crazy for the new retractable foundation brush and smudge brush, and still cannot find them. Hopefully on the west coast we will be seeing these new items. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very interested in the finishing Kabuki and wouldn't mine checking out the the 6 piece set either =) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samysalsa: Oooh, that is great to know! I have my eye on that one.

    Soos: Sorry you don't like the bag, the eyeshadow brushes or the price of the 5-piece kit. I think the price of the set is still worth it for even one good powder/blush brush, but just so you know, Walgeens accepts returns with receipt so if you're really unhappy with this purchase you can always get your money back.

    Dee: You know, I haven't seen these in San Diego yet, come to think of it! Maybe we're the last to get them? I'll let you know when I spot them, ok?

    Tropical Mind: You are so welcome! I'd love to know what you think when you find them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! The brushes from the Ecotools 6 piece set were my first makeup brushes when I first started my obsession with beauty products :) I'm super happy they're launching more items for their core collection and I'll be sure to pick some up! I'm most excited for the new 5 piece travel set and the finishing kabuki!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo I can't wait, I LOVE Ecotools brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to See Someone post something about the New Ecotools stuff. I saw them a couple of weeks ago at Walgreens already. I Bought the re-vamped 6 piece set. And I'm in LOVE. <3 Mine also came with a bonus sample of their body butter, which might I add is moisturizing but the smell gets annoying after a little AND a 1 dollar off coupon. But Out of the New Products, I was Extremely interested in the new flat top duo fiber kabuki brush. So I'm definitely getting that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen any of the new ones yet. I can't wait to nab some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart Eco tools brushes, I haven't been disappointed by them yet..can't wait till we can get some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When they revamped the eyeshadow brush it was better, but way bigger too! I wonder how these compare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've tried the bamboo finishing kabuki and the foundation retractable brush and they're so lovely! These brushes are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting this G! I have been trying to buy synthetic for awhile now and cannot believe that I own animal hair brushes after watching the video below. I hope it is ok to post but i am just horrified with animal hair brushes after seeing the raccoon dogs skinned alive and just thought I should pass this on:

    http://features.peta.org/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp

    ReplyDelete
  14. My attention totally zeroed in on the smudge brush... I have the Essence of Beauty Crease duo, but I prefer Ecotools's softer bristles, especially that close to my eye, LOL. Cannot WAIT to try that out, even though I wonder what the sharpener's for...


    (Also, just for the LULZ, my word verification thing says "bictshap," which I totally misread as "bitchslap" for a minute...)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh cool, I like how big and fluffy the Bamboo Finishing Kabuki looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just checked and my Walgreens has the five piece mineral brush set. I am going to get it today! The eye blending brush looks lovely and ive been looking for a new one. I just found your blog about a month ago. I LOVE it!! I am on a budget now and cant afford the cosmetic products I used to get... You have helped me a ton to find products that I can find at great prices = ) I have always been a makeup snob, but sadly cant be that way anymore.. It is actually a way more rewarding feeling finding amazing products at great prices. I just got the Wet n Wild 8 pan palettes. Love them! Thanks for all of your help girl.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought the retractable brush, but it broke after only a few uses! The segment that retracts popped out of the tube and won't go back in; I can still use it as a brush (and it's great) but it's no good for travel now.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will be on the lookout for that finishing brush! I have the original travel sets so I need to decide if I want to get brush sets with the new bags since they zip instead of snap/tie like the old ones.
    @ Jules Noctambule, even though it's been used, it shouldn't have broken THAT fast! :)
    I would try to exchange it for a new one. Even without a receipt, most stores will exchange it for you without much hassle. Good luck! HTH

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love my ecotools brushes. I bought a set about a year ago of full size brushes. It included a powder brush, concealer brush, eyeshadow brush, angled liner brush and the eyebrow/lash groomer. Later I bought the retractable kabuki brush and I love that too. I was thinking I need the eye blending brush but maybe I will wait and check out these new brush sets.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig