Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, February 10, 2011

A new FINISH from OPI!

I'm not sure how I missed this, but OPI's got a new finish and it's coming to us via their new Texas Collection, which just launched a few days ago (the lovely Charlotte's got some great swatches if you'd like to see these shades up close).

From Happi.com:


From the company that brought revolutionary nail textures like matte, suede, and Black Shatter to women around the world, OPI announces a new special finish – semi-transparent sorbet shades. Featured first in the Texas Collection by OPI for Spring/Summer 2011, these lacquers give fingers and toes a lightly glossed appearance, according to the company.

“These sorbet-style formulas for nails will be in full swing by 2012, but women can get a jump start on this trend with colors in the Texas Collection,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “Unlike thicker creams or light sheers, these twelve shades are slightly translucent – similar to the look of icy, water-based sorbet!”


From sea blue and berry pink to tangerine and bright peach, the Texas Collection features classic American colors. Designed to complement trends from the runway, these candy-coated lacquers accessorize the season’s must-have neutral pieces.


The Texas Collection by OPI will be available February 2011, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret and ULTA for $8.50 each.


To me, these seem like standard jellies, but of course I can't say for sure since I haven't seen them in person yet. Do you already own any of these shades? Do they seem different than other jelly finishes you've encountered? I have to admit, this sentence gets me weak in the knees: "...similar to the look of icy, water-based sorbet!"  Ooooh! Aaaah! I think I need to try one for myself! Thoughts?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own "Do you think I'm Tex-y". Pretty, juicy shade. But nothing new as they claim. It's just a standard jelly finish, still cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't we already have matte (Maybelline), suede (Revelon) and shatter/crackle (Cover Girl) back in the '90's? I guess Suzi thinks she invented everything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let them have Polish: Aaaah, thank you. Guess I'll be walking (instead of running) to check these out eventually. :)

    KitsuneSD: Hum...good point! But maybe they mean new to OPI, not new to the nail scene in general? The word "revolutionary" does throw me off a bit though! BTW, CoverGirl had mattes too, which I never even knew about back in the day (although I just picked one up at Dollar Tree!). I think those were from the 90s as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I checked out the Texas collection in Ulta last week, and I thought the colors were pretty, but nothing really grabbed me. I think I was more drawn to the Opi's new Glee collection for Sephora. I have Miss Bossy Pants (a very nice bright fuchsia type polish), and I want Diva-in-Training and Hell to the Naw (the name alone makes it a must-buy, lol).

    BTW, G, I went to CVS last night and received another $3 off a $10 cosmetics purchase coupon (I think it expires this weekend) when I scanned my card. With that and my Revlon BOGO 50% coupon, I was able to buy Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Fuchsia (one of the hot pink shades mentioned in the latest issue of People StyleWatch) and a Colorstay eyeliner for $7.17. Not bad at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. saw these new OPIs on another website and was unimpressed. still looking for the CoverGirl shatter at the Dollar Trees around my area...nothing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was getting a pedicure last week and I had picked one of the new Texas colors, I had no idea it was a new finish until 2 coats were on my toes and it just looked awful, my nail technician put on a 3rd coat and I still hated it so much that we ended up slapping a cream on top, maybe it's just me but I hate this finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. NO one is liking this new 'finish' I bought Austin-tatiously Turquoise and it takes -6- coats to get a good color. I work in a store selling opi and we KEEP getting returns... its like;
    they filled the bottle halfway with this beautiful polish and watered it down. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're just standard jellies. Really pretty colors, if you like that finish.

    I think the "sorbet" term is just marketing fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought the "Tex'y" one and I only got that one because my opinion when I saw the colors was, "Have it, have it, have it." I thought I'd just pick up one bottle to try out the new texture so I picked a fun one for me that matched a lipstick I got recently.

    Wellllll, I LOVE it!! It's so NOT fussy. I love the semi transparent nature of it because it dresses it down. I love how it's paired with the bright color. So perfect for me (I'm a stay-at-home mom and it just seems so overdone to have super done nails. I mean, I destroy my polish in one day so I do my nails every other day.) I am going to go back to the store and buy a bottle in an orange color (I thought it would be too much for me but with the transparency, it seems very doable) and I will pick up the bright purple color.

    I think, though, I would HATE this stuff on my toes. I really really like funky colors on my toes and I like them to be noticed. I wouldn't want some semi-transparent color on them. I can see why people return their bottles because if that isn't what I wanted, ick!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig