Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Drugstore Gods were on my side this week...

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE Rite Aid. The other day I was at a local Rite Aid that's known to have a good makeup clearance end-cap. In the past, I've picked up Nexxus haircare for 50% off and CoverGirl Liquiline Blast eyeliners for 50% off at this magical, mystical end-cap, but I had NO idea what I was in for when I walked up to it recently.

I encountered some bins filled to the brim with products from just about every limited edition drugstore collection that I've featured on this blog in the past six months:

(click to enlarge, again to supersize)



There were polishes from the Wet n Wild  LE Craze Nail Polish Pixel Perfect collection, eyeshadow quads and bronzers from the L'Oreal LE Color of Hope collection, Jesse's Girl In the Mood Color-Changing lipsticks, and so much more it made my head spin.  ALL FOR 50% OFF!

And here's the CRAZY part: I also spotted lots of older LE products such as Revlon Sugar Sugar Lip Toppings and Revlon Pure Confection Highlighting Powders from the LE Pure Confection collection (remember that one? The MAC Sugar Sweet dupes from Summer 2009??).

And if that weren't enough, I also found lots and lots of core collection products in this bin, like more CoverGirl Liquiline Blast liners, Styli-Style pencil liners, the Curel hand cream I love so much, various SoftLips balms including my beloved Pure Acai Berry, Fing'rs Nail Art and Sally Hansen polishes and treatments.  I know I'm forgetting some things, but I'm sure you get the idea.

So what did I get? Well I had to remind myself of the ORIGINAL reason I was at Rite Aid that day, which was to take advantage of the Sally Hansen BOGOFREE sale, so I picked up the last two shades I've been wanting from the Tracy Reese Fall 2010 collection and a few other goodies:

Clockwise from the left: Sally Hansen Rockstar Candy, Sally Hansen Touch of Mink, Wet n Wild LE Craze polish in Buffy the Violet Slayer, Wet n Wild LE Craze polish in Gray's Anatomy, Wet n Wild LE Craze polish in The Wonder Yellows, Jesse's Girl In the Mood lipsticks

Of course I got both of the Sally Hansen polishes for a total of $7.59 since they were BOGOFREE, and then each of the WnW polishes were $1 since they were 50% off, and the Jesse's Girl lippies were $1.50 each (regular price: $3). 

I am SO happy to finally have the last two Sally Hansen Tracy Reese Fall 2010 polishes that I wanted from this collection (click here to see the other shades I've purchased from this collection) and I will swatch them soon if you're curious.  Also, how could I pass up those Pixel Perfect polishes? I mean, really!  And even though I'm not a huge fan of mood lipsticks, I love Jesse's Girl so I couldn't resist. If you'd like a review of those lipsticks, just let me know. Otherwise, I pretty much got them for my own amusement!

The Drugstore Gods were definitely on my side this week! Have you been spotting good clearance deals at YOUR local Rite Aids lately? I'd love to hear all about it!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. i'm so jealous! none of my rite aids ever have makeup clearance. at all. i keep meaning to ask an employee if they send their markdowns away.

    (of course, i'm still going to stop by later and double check!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. theetinygoat: Aww, I'm so sorry to hear that! But yeah, check again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love to clearance shop too :] you got some good buys!
    Do they know you by name over there already? :P

    http://www.sisisparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH your so lucky, i can never find the clearance section! they always have other stuff such as toys and books and dog products, but never beauty ! where did you find yours? near the nails? near the front? please reply!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rite Aid also has a 50 cent rebate on the Sally Hansen polishes. Not much, but every little bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine has a good clearance end cap, but rarely has any health and beauty products. Like I got All detergent for $1.50, better price than buying generic.

    CVS is the one that kills me. No one buys the LE stuff there, so I sit and wait them out thinking they eventually have to clearance them out, right? Wrong. I lost out on the entire Cosmic Effects line from Orly because of this. One day they are all there, the next they are gone. Like theetinygoat, I asked what happened, and no one could tell me. I think they sent them back to Orly or a CVS distribution center or who knows? My CVS does have a decent clearance end cap that occasionally has beauty products for 75% off, but it's usually very few items, so you have to check every time you go and just get lucky that you got there before anyone else.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig