Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Spotted at Rite Aid: New Revlon Polishes & LE Wet n Wild goodies

I spotted some great new displays at my Rite Aid yesterday so let's get right into it!

First up, some new Revlon polishes that are NOT limited edition! Yay!



 As you can see, the "Just Add Sparkle" collection contains four creme polishes and four corresponding glittery top coats. Each creme color has its own glittery top coat designed to be layered on top of it for a sparkly effect (not like anyone's going to strictly adhere to these rules, but still, it's a fun idea). 

Here's a better look at the "chart" (click to enlarge):


 I am super excited to see a true gray creme from Revlon (in person, this gray very much reminds me of Sally Hansen Wet Cement) and a gorgeous deep purple creme. The black shade didn't really wow me, but for crimson/blood-red shades, the one in this collection is very pretty.

As for the glittery top coats, looking at them closely, it appears that the base is tinted in a color that corresponds to its creme polish (red, silver, purple and black) and there is silver micro-glitter, as well as larger, round holo glitter, in each top coat. 



Moving on to Wet n Wild, I am VERY happy to report that I finally spotted some of the limited edition displays that everyone seems to be spotting in other parts of the country. And talk about perfect timing, since Wet n Wild is on sale this week BOGO1/2OFF with $1 in +UP Rewards! That is a heck of a deal considering that these goodies are just $1.99 each without a sale. With the +UP Reward, that turns it into a true BOGOFREE if you're purchasing two items that are $1.99 each. Awesome!

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon Eyeliner Pencils

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon "Insomnia" Nail Color Collection


The Insomnia collection is a vampy-nail-color-lover's dream. Everything is pretty much black-based, and there are some cremes, shimmers and micro-glitters in this collection. The colors with micro-glitter actually reminded me a lot of last year's LE Halloween collection from Milani, as they each have a black base with a different shade of micro-glitter. If you like vampy shades, this collection is for you. I actually picked up two shades from the Insomnia collection, which I will swatch very soon.

 Wet n Wild Limited Edition Craze "Pixel Perfect" Nail Color Collection


Finally! I know a lot of you have had access to the Pixel Perfect collection for a while now, but I honestly never thought I was going to see it in person. The colors are all bright and bold and very fun for summer.

That's it for this drugstore report, but if you're interested in any of the Wet n Wild products above, don't forget to check your local Rite Aid this week and see if you can spot them. The BOGO1/2OFF with $1 +Up Rewards deal is awesome and I don't want you to miss out on that!

Have you spotted these displays at your local drugstores yet? Do you already own any of these products? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Love those Revlon glitters! They are fab. I've got swatches of them on my blog!

    As far as the Wet n Wild Insomnia polishes, I got the four glittery ones and the formula is terrible. Its chunky and streaky and goopy. I was totally disappointed in them! Maybe some nail polish thinner... but for $1.99, I'd say go with Sinful Colors! They have a great new collection out as well. They are dark and vampy!

    Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the revlon nail polish combinations!! I wonder how long theyre going to have it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought too many polishes today at Riteaid! I bought all the Revlon glitter topcoats, some of the glitter WNW Insomnia, and some petites. WNW wasn't on sale here, but the Revlons were 40% off. I should have gotten $4 in Up rewards but I don't actually know how to get them. I guess I need a different card than the wellness one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit the Insomnia polishes look lovely! I also think the glittery topcoats look nice, and they will probably (hopefully) be coming over to the UK! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. those wnw pixel perfect polishes were the ones i saw when i bought the gold and beautiful color, but they weren't on a display like that. i want to see the insomnia collection up close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen any of these displays yet! I don't have a Rite Aid in my area, though, so that could be why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering when Walgreens and/or CVS will get theirs in. I want those WNW pencils!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Revlon polishes kinda come across as a way to get people to buy twice as many as they normally would. And their polishes always seem too thin and streaky anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are the Wet n Wild eyeliners any good?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh goodness. i didnt even pay attention to the displays when i was in rite aid yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have Revlon's slipper, galaxy, and star. Currently I am wearing slipper over Sinful's rich in heart. The bright red glitter in slipper shows up really nice over the dark red of rich in heart. A great contrast. I also have from wnw's blue jitters and sleep walker.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just wanted to let you know that i was on contact with revlon regarding the just add sparkle collection and it is Limited Edition

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig