Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 5, 2010

Spotted at Rite Aid & CVS: new NYC, Prestige, Jesse's Girl and another new polish line

I'm a collage-making fool these days (they're just so easy and fun to make, and I think they spice things up a bit--especially if I've got a lot of pics to show you). That said, on to what I spotted at the drugstores this weekend!

First up, at Rite Aid:
(click to enlarge, again to magnify)


I want to thank several of you for emailing and leaving comments about this new collection. As I always say, Rite Aid ROCKS for always having the new and limited edition NYC displays, and I was very happy to see this one over the weekend. It's a beauty, with two new shimmery Color Wheel bronzers and two matte powder bronzers, two LE waterproof eyeliners (shimmer bronze and teal), two nail colors, two Metro Quads and, last but not least, two limited edition Kiss Glosses which seem to be cremes! I purchased the coral one, which I will show you in greater detail once I've had a chance to try it.

Another quick shout-out to Rite Aid: I have achieved Silver+ status (click here if you have no idea what that means) so instead of paying $2.99 for this gloss, I paid $2.69. It ROCKS to automatically get 10% off on any purchase you make at Rite Aid, so if you haven't gotten your Wellness+ card yet, I highly recommend signing up. It took me no time at all to get to Silver+ and I'm well on my way to Gold+ (20% off all purchases). PS: I would have only paid $1.69 for this darn gloss but my NYC coupons all expired on 6/30 (boo!).

Next at Rite Aid:


Argh! I misspelled "marbleized" in the above collage and by the time I realized it, it was too late to correct it. Anyway, I'm super excited about this new collection of brow products! Not only am I intrigued by a marbleized brow pencil, but I'm always on the lookout for a good clear brow gel that doesn't flake, yet manages to keep my unruly brows in place. And it comes with cute tweezers? For under ten bucks? Yes, please!

And the last new product I spotted at Rite Aid over the weekend:

Ah yes, the mood lipstick! It's been a while since I've seen one of these, but they seem to make an appearance once every few years (the first mood lipsticks I remember seeing were back in the 80s and they were matte and super drying). I'm sure they've improved the texture of this type of lipstick over the years, so if you've tried a newer version, leave a comment and let me know what you think of them. I have to admit, I think this display is really cute and colorful and it totally sucked me in!

Moving on to CVS:

So I turn the corner at my local CVS and right next to the Confetti Nail Polish display, I see THIS new display! The 10 Professional Nail Lacquer Collection contains 36 different shades, and the bottles look very similar to Arissa Nail Polishes (I know this because I purchased the Arissa polish below during my last Cherry Culture haul--I'll be reviewing it soon if you're curious about this line). Check it out:


Anyway, from what I could tell, the 10 Professional Nail Lacquer line is all about business. The majority of the shades are cremes (yay for me!) with just a few sheers, jellies and shimmers thrown in for good measure (actually, the gold and silver polishes might be metallics). So anyway, it's a much more "conservative" line and I really liked the variety of shades.

These polishes retail for $3.99 and I purchased the light greige shade called 458 Moonlight, pictured above (are you shocked I bought this shade?). I was actually going to purchase the deeper taupe shade, but when I pulled it from the rack and compared it to the taupe I bought from Confetti, they were pretty much identical. Also, I compared the light lilac/lavender creme from 10 up against Confetti's lilac/lavender creme, and again, they've VERY similar. This caused me to wonder if 10 and Confetti are made by the same company, so when I got home and was able to put on my glasses (there's no way in heck I can read the fine print on a polish label without glasses!), sure enough, both brands are distributed by MBA Beauty. I'm hoping that since 10 is called a "professional" line, the quality is a bit better than Confetti (especially since the price per bottle is two dollars higher). I'll definitely post a review in the future and let you know what I think!

Whew! That's it for this drugstore report. Are you excited about any of these new goodies? Do you already own any of the products mentioned above? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh my god new NYC products?! Plus more Jesse's Girl? I am loving those waterproof NYC liners(and the polish and the gloss etc) Oh I am so there. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoo! New products from NYC!!

    I posted about some close calls on the Confetti and the 10.
    http://libbyspinkvanity.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-quivery-cvs-new-brand-of-polish-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andi: You are so welcome! I hope you find everything you want. :D

    Kimberly: I just saw your post, and it looks like you noticed the lookalikes too! Good thing they're both made by the same company or that would have been really weird, right? Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rec.-Are you going to review the brow pencils? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig