Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Sally Hansen Limited Edition Xtreme Wear Collection

Even if I'm the last person in the US to spot this display, I still consider it new, darnit! So apologies to all of you who consider these limited edition Xtreme Wear polishes yesterday's news. I'm still super excited about them so I'm going to show them to you!

(click photos to enlarge, again to magnify) 


There are 10 new shades in the collection:

There are a few interesting things I'd like to mention about this collection.  First of all, the following shades all have one thing in common:

Golden Child, Blue Icing, Cosmic Blue, Purple Fiesta and Cherry Punch all have the exact same effect: there is a very sparse amount of holographic micro glitter and holographic bar glitter floating within the shimmery base of all five of these shades.  I'm not sure if I've seen this effect from Sally Hansen before, but I think it's pretty.  It's interesting that so MANY of the polishes in this collection have this exact same effect though.

Next: the moment I saw Concrete and Mystic Lilac, which were conveniently located next to a L'Oreal Color of Hope display (do you know where I'm going with this?) I thought, "DUPES FOR DELICATE DUSK?"  (If you missed my Delicate Dusk hysteria, click here and here). I think a few of you have mentioned that these shades are similar, but I had to see for myself.  

Here are all three, side by side:


Granted, the lighting isn't the greatest, but at first glance it looks like Concrete is pretty close, right? But actually, in the store, Concrete is a very warm greige and it really lacks the lilac quality of Delicate Dusk. Plus, the moment I saw Mystic Lilac up close, I knew it had to be mine (I will be showing you swatches of this shade either today or tomorrow--you MUST see this shade up close if you haven't seen it already).

I also picked up Purple Gala, which is so gorgeous it's mindblowing. I'll be swatching that too, so please check back if you're curious.

The only other shade in this collection that I was really drawn to was Fireberry Red. Looking at it in the bottle, it appears to be a blood-red jelly with candy apple red microglitter.  I might already have something similar to it though, so that's why I hesitated. 

Plum Burst is also really pretty but I've seen, and owned, enough dupes of OPI My Auntie Drinks Chianti to last me a lifetime so I definitely don't need another.

I had been keeping two much-coveted $1 off Sally Hansen nail polish coupons in my purse for over a month now, just waiting for this display to hit my drugstores. I am SO glad I waited and didn't blow these coupons on something stupid! The retail price of Xtreme Wears at Rite Aid is $2.99.  But since I am at the Silver Level for the Wellness+ Card, I receive 10% off all non-sale items every day (yet another awesome reason to sign up for this card, ladies). So that brought my total down to $2.69 per bottle, and then with the two Sally Hansen coupons, I ended up getting Mystic Lilac and Purple Gala polish for just $1.69 a piece. Yay!

Alright, so I'm very anxious to hear about what shades you own from this collection. Please leave a comment and tell me all about them!
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. I can't find these anywhere! I need Mystic Lilac in my life. May be a dupish for the Essie Demure Vixen that recently came out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT: Well if I just got this display, maybe that means you'll get it soon too? And no, totally NOT a dupe for Demure Vixen. I would love to find a dupe for that shade, but this one's not it.

    amanda: Finally, right? Hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just saw this display and got purple gala too, great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutiegingerbread: OMG that is too funny!! Isn't it freaking STUNNING?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Mystic Lilac, Concrete, Purple Gala, Plum Burst, Cherry Punch, and Fireberry Red. I know, it's too many but there were too many amazing colours to choose from.

    Mystic Lilac is quickly becoming one of my fav colours ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle: Excellent choices! So can you confirm that Fireberry Red is a jelly? It sure looks like one in the bottle (it's so pretty!). And I totally agree--Mystic Lilac is AMAZING. My goodness I can hardly stand it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG..new colors! I have been loving these Xtreme nail polishes. I am wearing Plum Power now..I hope I can find these new colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find these and I'm DYING for Purple Gala! Thanks for the display photos honey, and the info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Concrete, Mystic Lilac, Plum Burst (yeah, I have plenty of dupes too, but apparently I have less willpower than you, LOL), Fireberry Red, and, my favorite, Purple Gala. I've heard that one is close to Hard Candy's Mr. Wrong, but I don't have that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, darnit, I still haven't seen this display! Argh. They look awesome, though. Can't wait to see your swatch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gee, those look great! Heaven knows when they'll hit a drugstore near me. I need Mystic Lilac of course, and also that Blue Icing looks nice too. Oh, and maybe a purple too. I like this line, it applies well and is cheap as the dickens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought mystic lilac and purple gala! i wore mystic lilac and it was pretty but it photographed horribly for me (otherwise, I'd include a pic link).

    As for the ones with holo glitter... It was odd to me. Is it a shimmer or a glitter? Wasn't feeling the indecisiveness of them so I didn't pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen these anywhere! I wish I had because I bought a similar color form estee lauder online last night for like $18 and then I just got an email that I won't be getting it for over 2 weeks b/c it is back ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a never liked Sally Hansen products. I never seem to make any of them work. I have seen some pretty colors though

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm excited for those, I see a few I really want.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm thinking of getting Concrete, Cherry Punch and Golden Child. I've been avoiding Walgreens & Walmart so I can start saving but this & the NYC new collection looks so tempting :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh! I still have Sally Hansen coupons too! I want Fireberry Red!!! It will take me clear to Valentine's Day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just saw the display in my Rite Aid this evening! So apparently you're no longer the last one to spot it, lol. I picked up Mystic Lilac..can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm desperately looking for these and haven't seen the display anywhere. I'll have to pop into my local RiteAid asap.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need Mystic Lilac, Concrete, and Cherry Punch...*dreamy eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm horrible at knowing if a polish is a true jelly, but Fireberry Red is the same finish as the Xtreme Wear Red Carpet, just darker and with slightly more pink tones than true red.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome! I'm headed to CVS tomorrow I'm so buying this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so weird, i picked up the EXACT same colours when I first saw the display! I also had $1 off coupons!! In a drugstore in Canada they were on sale for $1.99, so I ended up betting mine for $1 a piece with the coupons :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how i lust after these!!! I've checked rite aid, wal greens, and CVS. A few different locations too! Darn, i really am digging these.... *tears* awesome for the people that found them tho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't find them in stores. Has anyone seen them offered online? thank you!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig