Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 2, 2010

L'Oreal Delicate Dusk: A Comparison

Since some of you seem to be loving L'Oreal Delicate Dusk as much as I am (from the L'Oreal limited edition Color of Hope collection I showed you yesterday), I thought it might be helpful to do a swatch comparison of this "lilac-greige" just to give you some perspective of how it compares to some true greige, taupe and lilac shades from my collection.

I selected the shades that I thought were closest to Delicate Dusk, and although I could have easily put Sally Hansen Commander in Chic and Confetti Moonstone in here, Rimmel Steel Gray is so close to the Sally Hansen and Confetti shades that I thought one of the three would be enough to give you a good perspective.

Ironically, there is another shade in my stash that I think might come the closest to Delicate Dusk, but I seem to have misplaced it at the moment. The shade is one of the newer Petites Color Fever shades called Vintage Gray. You can check out my post on Vintage Gray here (I had forgotten that I also did a gray/greige comparison of several other shades in that post, which might be helpful to some of you as well). 

So if it helps, I've put my swatches of Delicate Dusk and Vintage Gray together so you can see them side by side:

L'Oreal Delicate Dusk (left), Petites Color Fever Vintage Gray (right)

I think it's pretty easy to conclude that Delicate Dusk has a lot more lilac in it, while Vintage Gray is more of a true greige. So, not a match at all, but in the same general ballpark.

So let's see how Delicate Dusk compares to the other similar shades in my stash. Starting from my pinky finger and working up:

Pinky finger: NYX Girls The Taupe

Ring finger: Rimmel Steel Gray

 Middle finger: L'Oreal Delicate Dusk

Index finger: Wet n Wild Bite the Bullet

I hope this gives you a better idea as to the true beauty of Delicate Dusk. If you see it at your local drugstore, I say snatch it up! It's a beautiful, very versatile shade and I think it's the perfect balance of lilac and greige. 

So, do you have a favorite color in the above swatches? Are you a greige, taupe or lilac girl? Do you think you need to add Delicate Dusk to your collection? I'd love to hear from you!

Disclaimer: All of the above polishes were purchase by me with my own funds.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I wonder how the l'oreal grey compares to China Glaze recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine: Sorry, I wouldn't know (I don't own Recycle). Do you own any of the other shades in this post? If so, maybe you can tell by my swatches how Recycle compares to the colors you own? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw griege and had to stop. I think there is a Sally Hansen with "lilac" in the name (I'm thinking Mystic Lilac but not sure)that is very similar to the L'Oreal. I don't own it and I think it may be LE.

    Gotta love a lady who lists "griege" as a color category!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this colour, I love any shade that's slightly dirty/dusky looking! Don't think I've seen this in the UK though. I'll have to keep a lookout. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just checking out Kellie's blog and she has Color Club's Untamed Luxury Collection swatches up. Check out Wild Orchid and Soft as Cashmere. It's like those two were mixed together to create Delicate Dusk since Wild Orchid is that same type of gray with a slight purple to it, only lighter; and Soft as Cashmere has the same depth of shade, but is more beigey/tan instead of purple or lilac.
    http://kelliegonzo.blogspot.com/2010/08/untamed-luxury-pt-2-indulgence.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, man! I love all of them! I do tend to like the ones that are more lilac or taupe than gray, though. The only one of these that I own is Bite the Bullet ... might need to look into The Taupe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every shade. The W & W is a must to get today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH..I love these lilac-taupe grey colors! I have so all of these shades..I'm going to have to try the L'oreal now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhhh another greige and yet I still want this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of your photos is on Amazon.com. Someone posted it on the page that is selling the L'Oreal Delicate Dusk. Just thought you'd like to know. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig