Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bargains of the Month




As April draws to a close, I'd like to tell you about the stand-out bargain beauty products I discovered this month. Even if you read no other post on this blog, you really shouldn't skip this one because these products are true steals.

Now, I've already discussed these products at length in previous posts, but these items in particular are my favorites of everything I've reviewed in April. This means that I've continued to use these products and love them even more as time goes by. Let's get started!

3) Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner. Wow, I was really blown away by this when I first used it and I continue to be amazed at the staying power of this pencil liner. The only thing I'm not happy about is the color (a bit too dark for me) but I've heard that there are lighter shades in existence, so I'll wait patiently for them to come to a drugstore near me. If you have problems with fading or smearing, this liner is for YOU. This puppy stayed put on my upper lid for 15 hours straight without running or fading. 'Nuff said.

2) Suave Advance Therapy Moisturizer. I loved this when I used it but I never thought in a million years that it would actually improve the texture of my skin over the long haul. Ladies, I've been using this for almost a month now and honestly, my skin has never looked or felt better. My elbows were soooooooo dry a few weeks ago that they were actually painful and on the verge of bleeding. After two weeks of daily use (and just ONCE a day) my elbows now feel like a baby's bottom. Un-freaking-believable. For around 5 bucks for a huge bottle (I actually saw it for $2.99 at my local Albertson's the other day), I can't stress enough how fantastic a bargain this is. And this endorsement is coming for the Queen of Lotion. Lotion is a total obsession for me and I own over 30 different brands at the moment. I've literally stopped using all others (which pains me because a lot of my lotions smell FANTASTIC and cost me an arm and a leg) because this one does what none of my others can: It consistently hydrates my skin, protects my skin, and improves my skin. And even if I skip a day or two, the improvements REMAIN. When's the last time your body lotion did that?

1) Sally Girl Mini Squeeze Tube Lush Lip Gloss in "Hoopla". The very best 89 cents I've ever spent. Does the thought of a non-sticky gloss that smells and tastes like chocolate covered cherries and imparts a gorgeous, sheer, flushed, universally-appealing berry color to your lips sound good to you? Oh and did I mention that it's got excellent staying power, it's super shiny AND it comes in a teeny tiny adorable little tube? AND it's under a dollar at Sally Beauty. Yeah. Get it. NOW.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Well I am totally going to get the Suave body lotion....esp since I feel like I go through a gallon a week...how does it compare to the Olay (you know the purple bottle?)...
    And I LOVE those sheers...I would say that compares to the new glosses from Bobbi's Summer Nauticals line...May just have to check it out and do a Hi/Lo on it........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sally girl glosses and shadows. They are a ton of fun at no monetary risk at all. So nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josi, I was JUST telling someone that I thought the Sally Girl "Hoopla" gloss could be a great dupe of that new BB gloss!! Too funny! They seem to be pretty darn similar but I haven't actually tried the BB yet. You should totally do a Hi/Lo and let me know :)

    T! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love for these! Do you have a favorite e/s?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Josi, I would take the Suave ANY DAY over the Olay. I didn't like the Olay (purple bottle) at all because it made my skin feel sticky. Also, for me at least, the benefits of the Olay weren't lasting...just temporary. For me, the Suave isn't a quick fix; it has literally healed my skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for recommending the Sally Girl gloss in Hoopla! I'm already a fan of their e/s singles--I can't believe I've never grabbed one until now. The texture, scent and sheer color can't be beat for 89 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Teresa! You are so welcome :) I am so glad I could help you find a super cheap and fun product that actually delivers (and that you agree with me!). Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig