Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 17, 2009

Review of Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner (with pics)






You all know how jazzed I've been about the new Prestige stuff, and after talking to Tanya over at Pink Train Case and seeing her awesome review of these new liners, I knew I had to get one because my eyes seem to eat up every eyeliner I use (thanks, oily skin!). The only liner I've ever had luck with is Revlon ColorStay, but their green liner is more of a teal, so I wanted to get one that is more olive in color.

My Rite-Aid currently offers only four shades of Total Intensity (blue, green, brown, and black) and the green that I picked up, "Daring Green" is a deep, dark, shimmery olive. Gorgeous!

When I first applied it to my upper lid, I thought: "Uh oh." This glides on SO smoothly that I immediately was scared it would be way too greasy to last me even an hour, let alone a full day. Really, when you apply this is it luxurious because it glides over the lid like butter with no tugging or pulling.

Now here's the big surprise: After you let it set for a minute, it is ON there. I mean, this liner isn't going anywhere. After 10 minutes of wearing it, I tried smudging it, wiping it, smearing it with my finger and nothing. It literally would not move. I applied it at 9AM and by 10PM that night, my upper lids looked as fresh and perfect as they did in the morning. AWESOME!!

The bad: It's dark. The shade is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but as I get older I just really can't pull off a super dark liner for daytime. I would love it if this color were just a few shades lighter because then it would be THE perfect color for me.

Also bad: It didn't wear as well on my lower lid. I tried my best to capture this is my pics above, but after about 3 hours, I did see some creasing and smudging on my lower lids. I really chalk this up to a combination of my oily skin and my current eye cream. If you have have super oily skin and use a good eye cream, pencil liners smear. They just do. It's a fact of life. I'm probably better off using a powder shadow w/ sealer to line my lower eyes but I'm too lazy for that business.

In the future, I think I will use Total Intensity for my upper lids only and probably only at night due to the dark color. But if they come out with lighter shades, I am ALL OVER IT and will use this daily. I'll just remember to take extra care in applying to my lower lid and use the tiniest amount possible.

So if you have normal or dry skin: Meet your new favorite eyeliner! Let's just hope they offer more colors...soon!

PS: The bottom pic is the one I took in full sunlight to try and better capture the shade of this liner. The other four pics make it seem more teal when it's really a deep, dark olive green.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I suffer from creeping eyeliner like nobody's business, so thanks for this review. I'm going to give this a try. Do you have any recommendations for a gentle and effective eye makeup remover?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon! I'm so glad I'm not alone in my eyeliner issues :) Definitely try this one out and let me know what you think!

    As for a gentle and effective eye makeup remover, sadly, I am lazy when it comes to removing eye makeup so I use an all-in-one cleanser that removes everything. Currently I'm using the new Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser and I LOVE it. It even removes my ColorStay foundation. I have been meaning to write a review on this product so thanks for reminding me. Will do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this new eyeliner! It's true-it won't budge. I noticed too much on my under-eye so I went to smudge it with a Q-tip and it wouldn't come off. lol So, sweet! I have the Total Intensity in "Intense Olive" and it's lovely. A sparkling olive that's perfect for my green eyes. I DO perform a light dusting of face powder over my Avon MagiX Face Perfector and MagiX foundation. Flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin! OMG, you have "Intense Olive"? I neeed this!! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this comment--I am officially on a quest to find this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny. I bought 2 of these the same day I bought the fun gel/tint blush. I commented about the blush and luckily managed to score 3 or 4 more at an unpilfered Rite Aid. I emailed Prestige and never heard back. Yours was the only website that mentioned it.
    Tonight I googled the Total Intensity eyeliner and lo and behold yours is the first website to mention them. I found 4 more colors oddly jammed into a display in a Duane Reade hear in NYC. I bought! I bought! I love these. I'm currently using these on the underside of my top lid - gives a great boost to eye depth without looking overdone. I bought these to try in different colors because a. they're awesome and b. I'm afraid I'll never see them again! The regular display indicates these are a normal part of the line but I don't see that on the website nor is there a slot designated for them. Thanks for all the good info! We like the same products. I will read! I will read!
    SuZJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey SuZJ! I'm so glad that my reviews have come in handy *twice*! Yay!

    As for Prestige, I'm just not sure what to make of the state of this company. I've heard some things through the grapevine that indicate to me that they may be struggling a bit (I'm not sure if what I heard is 100% true so I'm taking it with a grain of salt). But since they launched all of these AMAZING new products, I am hoping their biz will pick up. I've emailed them a few times with product questions and never heard back, so after hearing that you never received a response either...it doesn't look good. And I can't figure out why they wouldn't put all of these fab new products on their site and promote the heck out of them?!

    My advice to both of us: Hoard as many of these new products as possible! What you did is exactly what I plan to do! In fact I already bought a back-up of that cheek tint. But never fear, because if they do become unavailable, I'll be on a quest to find comparable products and I'll post about them here on my blog :)

    Anyway, I think it's so cool that we both tend to be drawn to the same products. I really hope that my reviews will come in handy again sometime soon :) And please feel free to email direct if you ever need help or advice!

    Thanks again,
    R :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. try the total intensity eyeliner in "intense olive"! it's the olive color you're looking for- lighter than daring green but a little more pigmented than UD's "stash". it's my HG everyday eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig