Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 2, 2010

Crazy drugstore report (limited edition NYC, Borghese, WnW, clearances, etc.)

Before I begin, I just want to take a second to thank you all for allowing me to pull my most successful April Fool's joke to date! I have never had such success in executing an April Fool's prank EVER, and I owe it all to you. I'm very grateful that you all had such a good sense of humor about it, and just to reiterate, I am NOT changing the theme of Nouveau Cheap now, or anytime in the future. I love my budget-beauty, it's a part of who I am, and I couldn't change that even if I wanted to (but believe me, I don't want to!).

That said, on to the drugstore report! This report is jam-packed full of info, so please be sure to read the entire post. I wouldn't want you to miss anything because there are some real gems here!

First, let's talk about the explosion of Limited Edition collections that have just hit my local Rite Aid:

(click any image to enlarge, and if you see a magnifying glass, you can enlarge even futher)

Borghese Limited Edition Tutti Gelati Collection (retail: $8 each)

Ooooh! Ahhh! I tried to memorize the shades in this collection so here we go (starting from top left): Maraschino, Tutti Gelati, Berry-something (sorry, I forgot the second word in the title), Mentha, Pistachio and Limoncello.

What immediately caught my eye in this collection was the three lovelies in the second row. Mentha is a gorgeous shimmery teal, Pistachio is a stunning kelly green shimmer, and Limoncello is a buttery-soft yellow shimmer. I want! I neeeed!

Next up, we have this Limited Edition collection from NYC:

NYC Limited Edition Shock Value Collection (retail: $1.99-$3.99)


My mind is officially blown. I really wish my camera could have captured the true neon goodness that is this collection. The Limited Edition Extreme Lip Gliders (click here for my review of the regular collection) are soooo much prettier in real life. In person, these three shades are GORGEOUS. They range from an intense purple to a hot pink to a bright maraschino cherry red. Love 'em all! And the two nail colors (Orange Creamsicle and...I think the other one is named Magenta) are beautiful, bright cremes. And oooh, those blush sticks! Why would NYC make these shades Limited Edition? I had to have them both (so much for my no-buy) because the shades are just unbelieveably gorgeous in person (hot pink and bright orange). Check back soon because I'll defintely review those. Oh, and how could I forget to mention the liquid eyeliners? They come in a vivid royal blue and a bright purple. And last but not least, three new eyeshadow duos in gorgeous, bright shades of lime, teal, green, blue, yellow and purple. Everything in this display is absolutely screaming "Springtime!" to me, and the best part is that, at the bottom of the display, there are coupons good toward $1 off ANY NYC purchase of $1.99 or higher. Ladies, RUN, don't walk, to your nearest drugstore and search for this display. I am willing to bet that there is at least one product in this collection that you will find utterly irresistible.

Next up, I want to show you a display that I have had more than few readers email me about recently (and I want to thank the several of you who actually snapped photos of this display at your local drugstores and took the time to email them to me. I am very behind on my email at the moment so I just wanted to take a second to thank you here, in case I don't get back to you via email in the near future. You have no idea how wonderful it is for me to get pics from you!! I love that and I am so grateful!):

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Color Icon Soiree Eyeshadow Quads (retail: $4.99 each)

When I first saw these a few months ago on some other beauty blogs, I immediately knew where WnW was going with these quads. They are the exact same concept as last year's Limited Edition WnW collection, Starry Eye Slicks (click here for my review of those). There are three powder eyeshadows in each quad, along with one glitter cream. But what sets the Soiree collection apart from the Starry Eye Slicks collection is that, unlike Starry Eye Slicks, these shadows don't appear to be all mattes (the mattes in the Starry Eye Slicks were not my favorites--they were a bit chalky and hard to work with). Also, instead of just silver glitter, the Soiree collection offers glitter cream in gorgeous shades of midnight blue, bronze, etc. The Soiree collection is a HUGE improvement over last year's LE collection to me, just on looks alone. Have you tried any of these? I'd love to know what you think of them!

Here's some not-so-good news that I discovered at my local Rite Aid. Remember the other day when I told you that Tropez Cosmetics is being discontinued? Well, next to the wiped out display at my Rite Aid, there is the Black Radiance display. Now I am NOT saying that Black Radiance has also been discontinued because I currently do not know if that is the case. BUT, several times now have 75% off stickers attached to them. Not EVERYTHING, but here's the list of what I could remember: All eyeliner and lipliner pencils, all pressed powders (not pressed blushes though!), all cream stick foundations, select shades of eyeshadow duos and quads, and ALL nail polishes. If you are familiar with Black Radiance, then you know that there are still A LOT of items that I did not mention. So that's the good news. If the entire display was on clearance I would be very scared. But since it's just select products at this point, I'm hoping and praying that they are just getting rid of old stock to make room for new products. Fingers crossed!

And while I was there, you know I can't resist a good 75% off sale, so I picked up these two lovelies:
Black Radiance Bold & Sexy Salon Lacquer in Seductive (retail: $3.99, sale price: 99 cents) and Black Radiance Dynamic Duo Eye Shadow Duo in Vintage/Retro (retail: $$2.99, sale price: 74 cents)

With prices like this, who can resist? So a HUGE heads-up to fans of Black Radiance fans. If you have a Rite Aid that sells BR, get over there ASAP and see if you find these goodies.

Moving on to CVS, I finally, FINALLY spotted this display!

Maybelline Limited Edition Colossal Diamonds Mascara

Luckily, I was at CVS returning my Milani concealer, so I was able to exchange that for one of these and not spend a dime. Yay! And yes, a review is coming...very soon as I just tested this product yesterday.

Here are a few other new things I spotted at CVS:


For all you Physicians Formula Healthy Wear fans, there's a new display that has TWO products for the price of one! On the left-hand side, we have the fabulous new powder foundation (click here for my review--if you are a powder foundation girl, I think you'll love this one) and inside the same box is a full-size pressed powder bronzer! On the right side of the display, you get two tinted moisturizers in one box, for the price of one! That's a heck of a deal since just one of these products at CVS will set you back $14.99. (Now if PF would only offer two-fers on their Gel Cream Eyeliners I think we'd all be squealing in delight!)

And finally, for all of you Essence of Beauty fans, I spotted this new addition to their bath and body line:

EoB now has an anti-bac collection! Looks like someone is competing with BBW! They come in both minis and full size bottles, and CVS is currently running a 3/$10 sale.

That's it for this report, but as always, I welcome your comments! What do you think of this Limited Edition frenzy at our drugstores lately? Are you as excited as I am about all these new goodies? Anything you're planning to pick up?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the heads up! I spotted the new wnw display but the colors didn't really grab me. I'm more of a neutral gal.

    But NYC...now that's something to get excited over! I always look forward to their limited edition displays.

    Sun Goddess from last year's summer display, and Red Stiletto from their winter display are two of my favorite NYC nail polishes. And I still have my limited edition NYC Chroma Face Glow powder from a few years back. I wish I had stocked up on all of those items because I love them so much. I don't know what it is about their seasonal displays...maybe it's just me...but I think the colors and quality are generally slightly better and more interesting than items in their regular line.

    Those creme blushes, glosses and nail polishes are calling my name! If they look as good in person as they do in the pics, I'm definitely stocking up this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spotted the new WNW collection just yesterday and though "I wonder if Recessionista has seen these?"

    They look very promising. I think I'll pick one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the look of the NYC stuff! Blush sticks? Count me in. And those glosses look like my beloved UD Ultraglide gloss. Might have to snatch those up ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually bought four of the WnW. (I think that's all of them.) I actually like them so far. The pigmentation is nice. The applicator is garbage but I usually use my EcoTools brush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you used the Colossal Diamonds mascara yet? I got it yesterday and used it today...I don't love it. And I paid full price ($7.30) for it at the grocery store! :( Back to CG LB Fusion for me.

    I did get one of the eyeshadow duos in the Diamonds collection - Turquoise Diamonds - and I'm liking it. The turquoise shade is about the same shade as my eyes and I've been looking for a shadow to match my eyecolor. The other shade is a sheer beigey-gold which is nice for a quick neutral eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sightings! I have the NYC blushable creme stick in plaza pink and I love it! Looks like my big plan for the day is a trip to Rite Aid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NYC shock value looks pretty cool, I hope my closest grocery store get that particular display as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is chock full of goodess!

    I didn't like Maybelline Colossal. It did nothing for my lashes. That was before I discovered I needed length mascaras and volume mascaras do nothing for me.

    Also, that NYC display looks cool. Of course, I zoomed in on the nail polish first!

    Those Borghese polishes look interesting, BUT, I hate that 8 dollar price tag...

    I've been seeing those Wet n Wild eyeshadow displays everywhere. I'm slightly interested.

    We dont have a Rite Aid here, I dont think there are any in Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mimsy: OMG, I totally agree. Why is it that sometimes the very BEST drugstore items are LE? So frustrating! And I also find that some of the products that aren't so great (I'm not talking about NYC here, just in general) that are originally part of an LE collection then get introduced into the permanent collection! Doesn't make sense half the time. :(

    MochaMakeupLover: LOL!! Awww, thank for thinking of me, honey! And I would loooove to know what you think if you try one of these. :)

    Heather: Oooh, I look forward to seeing your reviews if you get these goodies. :D

    Danielle: Oh, that's good to know! How's the staying power? And did you use the glitter cream? Did you like it? Thanks! :)

    JenJen: I haven't seen the eyeshadow display yet in my area, darnit. :( I don't want to give too much away since I'll be posting a review of the mascara soon, but...it didn't wow me. lol.

    PCS: Thank, hun! And yes. FIND THIS DISPLAY!! Go now. Hurry! lol. ;)

    Citrine: Yep, the colors are actually even a lot prettier in person!

    adorepink: I knew you'd zoom in on the nail polishes! lol. And I agree, I hate the price of Borghese, but I know that Rite Aid sometimes runs BOGOs so hopefully that will happen before this display gets wiped out. lol. I'm sorry you don't have a Rite Aid in your area...you can check the store locator at Riteaid.com to be sure though? Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig