Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pictures and Swatches: Sally Hansen Summer 2014 Limited Edition Color Destinations Tahiti Sunset Triple Shine Collection

UPDATE: Just added! Comparison pics of permanent shades and limited edition shades. Scroll to the bottom of this post to see the comparisons.

Did you think that was it for the Color Destinations collection? Think again! In addition to all of the other displays now hitting stores, there's at least one more! And if you didn't care for the Palm Beach Jellies, but you like the Triple Shine formula, you'll be happy to know that there's another display in this collection with six additional limited edition shades!

First, let's recap all of the other Color Destinations Collections I've covered to date:
  • Click here for my review/swatches of the Passport to Rio Xtreme Wears
  • Click here for my review/swatches of the Palm Beach Jellies
  • Click here to see the Moroccan Express Insta-Dris
  • Click here to see the Bermuda Breeze Diamond Strengths 
  • Click here to see the South Beach Shores Salon Effects

Many thanks to reader Kate (owner of Excelsior Nails) for this one. Kate spotted the Triple Shine Tahiti Sunset display at Rite Aid this week and was nice enough to share pics...and swatches! Take a look:

image credit: Kate for Nouveau Cheap
Sally Hansen Summer 2014 Limited Edition Color Destinations
Tahiti Sunset Triple Shine Collection 
(retail: $4.99 each at Rite Aid, 0.33 oz)

 photo unnamed3-2.jpg
image credit: Kate for Nouveau Cheap
Pink Coconut, Changing Tides

 photo unnamed2-4.jpg
image credit: Kate for Nouveau Cheap
Taheati, Sparktacular

 photo unnamed1-3.jpg
image credit: Kate for Nouveau Cheap
Seasational, Archipela-glow


It's impossible to tell for sure from one pic, but Seasational looks like it might be a nice dupe for China Glaze Exotic Encounters, no? 

Kate was also nice enough to share swatches of the shades she purchased:

 photo unnamed-1.jpg
image credit: Kate for Nouveau Cheap
Changing Tides, Sparktacular, Sparktacular over Taheati, Taheati by itself

I'm excited to see that Changing Tides and Sparktacular aren't just glitters in a clear base--they actually look like jellies packed with glitter. I also love the combo of Sparktacular over Taheati.

UPDATE: I found this collection in person and was able to get some comparisons of these shades to permanent, core shades for reference. Here you go:

 photo unnamed-2.jpg
Play Koi (permanent), Taheati (LE)

I actually prefer the permanent shade to the LE shade. Play Koi is a bit more vivid, bright and tangerine-like, while Taheati has more yellow to it, and it isn't quite as vivid.

 photo unnamed2-5.jpg

 photo unnamed3-3.jpg
Reef-Raf (permanent), Pink Coconut (LE)

The permanent shade is warmer, while Pink Coconut is cool-toned.

 photo unnamed1-4.jpg

 photo unnamed5-2.jpg
Dive In (permanent), Seasational (LE)

The permanent shade is more of a true blue, while Seasational is teal.

 photo unnamed4-1.jpg

 photo unnamed7-1.jpg
Seanic (permanent), Archipela-Glow (LE)

The permanent shade contains chunkier glitter and it's more green than Archipela-Glow, which leans more blue and contains finer glitter pieces.

 photo unnamed6-1.jpg

 photo unnamed9-1.jpg
Dream Sequins (permanent), Sparktacular (LE)

The permanent shade contains chunkier glitter and it's a true copper shade. Sparktacular is an orangey-rust jelly with fine gold and teal glitter. 

 photo unnamed8-1.jpg

There was no clear looklike for Changing Tides (pink jelly with glitter) in the permanent collection.

Have you spotted the new Tahiti Sunset Triple Shines in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks so much, Kate, for the great pics and swatches! I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Woo hoo! Bring it on Sally Hansen. Love the saturated colors for summer. Taheati is gorgeous...these are on my official "on the hunt for" list with the Maybelline Bleached Neon collection. Thanks for the pics, G! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Carol! Glad to hear this collection speaks to you! :)

      Delete
  2. I am obsessed with orange and coral this year! I see a couple that I want in this collection. Sally Hansen is just going crazy this year. I just wish I could find those 7 Complete Salon Manicure colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really have pulled out all the stops this year! ;)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried anything from the triple shine line. Is it worth checking out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have many myself but I like what I own so far. Sorry I can't be more of a help. :/

      Delete
  4. I'm loving those sunnies on the model, I just might try a DIY! Seasational and Changing Tides shore are peak-ing my interest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you did there, and I kinda loved it. ;)

      Delete
  5. I have been looking and looking for this and now that I found it (yesterday) at Rite Aid, none of the colors are speaking to me! I have purchased anything from the destination collections at all. Just the ballet inspired one! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you like the Color Vibrations ballet ones? I think that was called "Colors on Pointe" (too lazy to look at original post), right? Are the shades you got more like toppers or better to wear alone? I know they looked sheer, but maybe not TOO sheer?

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig