Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 22, 2013

NEW CoverGirl: truMAGIC and truFIX Collections (and more)

Many thanks to several of you on social media and here on the blog for letting me know that the new CoverGirl products I blogged about yesterday are actually now up on the CoverGirl website...and there are even MORE new products to boot!

Let's start with the product that received the most comments from you yesterday (both here and on social media): the new truMAGIC Skin Perfectors (NOTE: some of you have said that you've already spotted these at Walgreens and Bed Bath & Beyond, so keep your eyes peeled for the display):

 image source: covergirl.com
NEW CoverGirl truMAGIC Skin Perfector
(retail: unknown, 0.42 oz)

I honestly lost count of how many of you told me that you're hoping this product is similar to the Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender (retail: $40). The good news? It does sound similar!

A revolutionary skin-perfecting balm! truMAGIC offers a touch of magic without adding makeup in just one swipe and is available in three fabulous finishes. Use it alone as a mattifier, under makeup as a primer, over makeup to complete your look, or as a skin refresher throughout the day.
Perfecting balm for a soft, smooth finish 
Controls shine, non-greasy, won’t clog pores 
Available in three finishes

Just like the Mally product, this product can be worn under makeup OR over makeup. Here are the three shades in this range:

 image source: covergirl.com
 CoverGirl truMAGIC The Sunkisser, The Luminizer, The Perfector

Here's a shot of The Sunkisser from Amazon:

image source: amazon.com
CoverGirl truMAGIC The Sunkisser

The Amazon listing also includes a full ingredient list, which you can view here.

Next up, I want to thank reader Whitney for alerting me to the fact that there are two ADDITIONAL new products from CoverGirl now popping up at Bed Bath & Beyond. Here's the first one:

 image source: covergirl.com
CoverGirl truFIX Concealer Stick

From the CoverGirl website:
truFIX Concealer Stick is available in 6 shades that perfectly complement truBLEND Liquid Makeup. Cover up dark circles and imperfections with truFIX’s easily blendable formula. It’s the ultimate quick fix in a convenient stick!
Fix dark circles and imperfections instantly
Blendable formula glides on effortlessly
The ultimate quick fix in a twist-up stick

Just like the L'Oreal True Match Crayon Concealers (which I adore), the truFIX Concealer Sticks come in six shades, which you can view here. It will be great if CoverGirl introduces a similar product in the Queen Collection so that deeper skintones will have a wider range of shades to choose from (like they did with the Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation, which is called the All Day Flawless Foundation in the Queen Collection). I'm SUPER excited to try these out concealers, so definitely expect a review in the future.

Next up, the CoverGirl truBLEND liquid foundation got a makeover:

 image source: covergirl.com
CoverGirl truBLEND Liquid Makeup

truBLEND Liquid Makeup is available in 21 shades and features a new shade matching system. To find your perfect blend, first determine your shade family. Second, choose your number. Coordinate complementary truBLEND products based on your number for a seamlessly flawless nude look that blends in and virtually disappears. 
21 shades to perfectly match 99% of women 
Perfect Blend Technology covers, yet disappears into skin 
Light to medium adaptable coverage

Remember the original truBLEND foudnation bottles? I seem to recall that people had some issues with the pump on those bottles, and it looks like these new bottles have the same type of pump as the Outlast Stay Brilliant 3-in-1 foundation (and that pump is awesome). Also, I don't recall the original line having 21 shades. I'm also curious about the "new shade matching system." I wonder if CoverGirl also changed/tweeked the formula? 

Lastly, here's more info on the new Bombshell ShineShadows I mentioned yesterday:

 image source: covergirl.com 
CoverGirl Bombshell ShineShadow by LashBlast

These new shimmery cream shadows come in six shades:



From the CoverGirl website:
Transform your eyes into bombshell sexy. Each shiny or shimmery Bombshell ShineShadow by LashBlast contains reflective pigments so your eyes dazzle when light hits your face. 
6 long-lasting cream shadows for shimmer or shine 
Blendable formula contains reflective pigments 
Easy, breezy application

For pics and info about the new Bombshell Volume Mascara and Bombshell Intense Liner (and the new Outlast Stay Brilliant nail color shades and Lip Perfection Gloss Balm shades), take a look at my post here.

Have you spotted any of these new CoverGirl products in your area yet? Thoughts?

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to let me know that these products are already on the CoverGirl website, and thanks to everyone who shared that you've already spotted these in stores (Walgreens and Bed Bath & Beyond, to be exact). And an extra-special thanks to reader Whitney for the heads-up about the new concealer and foundation products!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. So. Excited. I need it all in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited about the new ShineShadows I found at Harmon last night (although only three were in the display) that I completely missed that the store also has the truMAGIC, truFIX, and truBLEND collections as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with the Mally product, but I wonder if TruMagic is like Dr. Feelgood from Benefit. It definitely sounds like it could be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does but hopefully better. I liked the concept of Dr Feelgood and it worked but hated the scent, too strong.

      Delete
  4. Yes! This is indeed exciting news! Love those cream eyeshadow shades, thinking I might want all of them. And the skin perfector in three shades?!? Yeah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have honestly NEVER had luck with CoverGirl products. This is kind of exciting news, though. I'm hoping that if this stuff is reformulated, I'll be able to use something from their line. :)

    (If anyone is interested in what didn't work for me, their products never seemed to last on me. Their eyeshadows had like no pigmentation, their foundations would smear off of my skin, their lip products seemed to be subpar at best. Their lashblast was alright, but I already have an HG mascara.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually spotted these at work today! (Giant Eagle in NE Ohio) I snapped a couple photos of the display and uploaded them to imgur for everyone to check them out. :)

    http://i.imgur.com/Hr49PSo.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/uWRlJ9u.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  7. CG stepped up their game!!! WOW this is the first time in a long time I'm excited about their products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Skin Perfector is sure to be a huge hit. I didn't know it was coming out in three colors. Here's hoping I can spot this soon. All these new releases are competing so heavily with the holiday releases. Keep looking up at Walgreens too! I saw the newest Sally Hansen collection up there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spotted the skin perfector at Meijer in Ohio. I wasn't able to snap a picture of the display and the other things in the collection but I will be within the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping the ShineShadow is similar to the Clinique Lid Smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought the Perfector today at Meijer in Ohio. The consistency reminds me of the Smashbox primer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tru magic skin perfecter is .27 oz not .42 oz. I have one with me now. Also, the lid is very tall, considering the product inside is flat and not domed. The perfector seems nice, but I find the luminizer too sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just picked up the Trumagic mattifier(clear) and I just applied it to my nose and immediately noticed that it looked kind of cakey and just plain horrible. I dabbed it on instead of swiping.I was very excited to try this, but now I'm kinda bummed. However, I'm going to try the other way it suggested to apply(under makeup) even though it did claim you could use this product for touchups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought the Trumagic mattifier in clear and I didn't like it all. I barely pressed it on my nose and immediately noticed that it looked cakey and just plain awful. I was super excited to try this because I don't like touching up with powder, but this did nothing for me:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Meijer store has these on an endcap in the cosmetics section

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very excited for TruMagic! (hoping it'll compare to Mally's Face Defender :D)

    Also thought I would share with you that I emailed CG when I saw the commercials for the new TruBlend Foundation bottles&shades to ask if they were reformulating the ingredients of it along with the new packaging and their reply to me was "No, the ingredients are remaining the same. The packaging and color choices are the only things changing"

    =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig