Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 21, 2013

Spotted: CoverGirl Bombshell display (New Bombshell Volume Mascara, Bombshell Intensity Liner and more)

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about the new 2-step volumizing mascara from CoverGirll called Bombshell? If you missed my original post, click here for more details about this new mascara. I'm so very excited to try this one (I'm all about volume!), so expect a review from me in the next few weeks.

One of you mentioned on Twitter that the CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara was due to hit CVS stores on 11/22 (if you were the one who told me about that, please comment below so I can thank you!). Anyway, the new CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara hit certain CVS locations a bit early--a handful of you mentioned to me you spotted the display at their CVS locations earlier this week! Reader Rachel spotted this display at her CVS the other day and shared lots of pics and info:

 image credit:  Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Bombshell floor display at CVS

There are lots of goodies to cover in this little display. First up:

image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liner by Lash Blast

Rachel mentioned that this is a felt-tip pen style liner available in black and brown. She also mentioned that the packaging looks similar to the Line Blast 24HR Liners.

 image credit:  Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
CoverGirl Bombshell Volume by Lastblast Mascara

More pics of the Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara (taken with and without flash).

  image credit:  Rachel for Nouveau Cheap

There are also some product extensions in this display:

 image credit:  Rachel for Nouveau Cheap 
Four new shades of CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Color

From Rachel:

Bon Bon - baby pink cream
Skylight - baby blue cream
Bombshell - shimmery pinky red...could be a jelly?
Diva After Dark - deep gray/black with silver micro glitter

And three new Lip Perfection Gloss Balm shades:

  image credit:  Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
Three new shades of CoverGirl Lip Perfection Gloss Balms

From Rachel:

Cotton Candy Twist - pinky peachy nude
Cupcake Twist - peachy pink
Frosted Cherry Twist - bright cheerful pink

Reader Tara also spotted the Bombshell display at her CVS, and was nice enough to share this photo:

 image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
Back of CoverGirl Bombshell Intensity Liner package

Notice the reference to a new BOMBSHELL SHINESHADOW? Well Rachel noticed this too, and shared this photo, which is printed at the bottom of the Bombshell floor display:

 
image credit: Rachel for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl Bombshell Shineshadow

As you can see, this will be a new line of shimmery cream shadows that come in squeezable tubes. Rachel mentioned that these reminded her of the old CG Shadow Squease cream shadows from the mid 2000s. Do you remember those? Click here and scroll down a bit to jog your memory! I actually remember really liking the old Shadow Squeases, especially to use as primer for powder shadows. Anyway, I don't recall CoverGirl coming out with cream shadows in a tube since the days of the Shadow Squease, so it's nice to see this type of product from them again.

Have you spotted the new CoverGirl Bombshell display at your CVS yet? Thoughts about these new products?

Thanks so much, Rachel, for the great photos and detailed info! And thanks to Tara for the pic of the liner packaging!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I am a sucker for cream eyeshadows, so bring it on, Cover Girl. Plus, can't wait to try that mascara! Hope it lives up to its name...Thanks for the pics! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Carol! I'm a sucker for cream shadows too. Lol

      Delete
  2. Seriously? Another new mascara so soon? This is going crazy. It'd better be amazing and not similar to all the other ones out there. I wish they would come out with some new and different stuff... just not another mascara again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did CG release another 2-step mascara recently?

      As for new and different stuff, did you see the cream shadow tubes in this post? They haven't released anything like that in years :) and the Face Perfector I just posted about is TOTALLY new. Check out my post about that...

      Delete
  3. I'm the one who mentioned you on Instagram with a picture of the weekly ad that this would be available in CVS stores on 11/22! -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried the mascara once and wasn't a big fan of it. I also did it rather quickly, but will be trying it again tomorrow and will send you pics, G. I liked the eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the before/after are drawings not photos, this makes me giggle for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the mascara at the cvs in my area so I bought it. It was 11.99 but I had a few coupons so I got it down to like 7 dollars. Im not really impressed by it. First off the tube is huge. Its really really large. Its larger then the Lash blast. Its long and being that it is double ended I found it a little difficult to hold. The one end is the original lash blast and the other is the "intensifiying top coat". I swear I think all that it is is the 24 hr lash blast verison formula with a different brush. It stinks literally. It smells like it, or as if it was just a waterproof formula. The results are kind of bland and not really anything special. I might just return it. Ill give it another chance but hopefully someone else finds it and it works for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are these permanent? I ask because the lip balm names seem kinda holiday-ish.

      Delete
  7. Are these lip balms permanent? I ask because the names seem kinda holiday-ish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DO NOT BUY THIS MASCARA!!! unless you have 15-20 minutes every night to remove the mascara. It is HARD to remove without pulling out your eyelashes. The formula is very sticky. Makes my eyelashes stick together. Save your money and your time by not purchasing this product. I give it an F-.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig