Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 21, 2013

NEW CoverGirl TruMagic Skin Perfector

UPDATE: For more info about the new truMAGIC Skin Perfectors (three shades), please see my post here (these are already popping up in stores!)

Huge thanks to reader Kayla (@kelizabeth9o on Instagram) for this one! Kayla spotted something very interesting in this month's Allure magazine:

image credit: Kayla for Nouveau Cheap
NEW CoverGirl TrueMagic Skin Perfector
(as featured in this month's edition of Allure)

Well what do we have here? A new "clear balm" that "primes the skin for foundation" and promises a "smooth, shine-free finish"? Count me IN! As you all know, my Holy Grail foundation is CoverGirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, which does a remarkable job at keeping shine at bay on my very oily skin. So I'm extremely curious to see if this can do the same, for my other foundations (I don't need to use a primer with my CG Outlast Stay Fabulous).

I'm also intrigued that this face primer comes in a compact. This could make it convenient for applying just a dab or two to the T-zone with your fingers, or even to use a foundation brush. Hum...

What do you think? Are you as intrigued as I am about this new primer from CoverGirl?

Thanks so much, Kayla, for the great tip and heads-up!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. Looks like it may be something close to the Mally solid primer. I did like the coverage/texture for CG 3-in-1, but unfortunately both ivory shades are too dark for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you! I love the CG 3-in- but is dries a shade darker and is too dark for me :-( I am hoping they fix this because the foundation it's self is AMAZING! CG has really been knocking it out the park with their last few releases.

      Delete
    2. That would be amazing if it's the same stuff. I purchased the stila one and it does really mattify.

      Delete
    3. I thought the very same thing. But, it's going to have a better price tag!!!

      Delete
    4. Haha that's what I thought of immediately! Here's hoping it is!!

      Delete
    5. I'm with you on both counts... I immediately thought of the Mally Skin Perfector when I saw this in the magazine, AND the lightest shades of the CG 3-in-1 are still too dark for me. Too bad, too, there's been so many good reviews of the product.

      Delete
  2. I could swear I just saw this in a display stuck high in a top shelf in a local Walgreens. This particular walgreens moves products very quickly. I don't use CG very much, but it drew my attention because it was white

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't wait to try this out:) I'm always up for trying to primers and I've really been into drugstore products lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I saw this in Allure too and I was extremely excited! Can't wait to try it...I also use CG 3-in-1 foundation and love it, so I hope this works well with that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to try this and see how it compares to my Jouer Matte Essential Touch. And would like to know people's thought's on how it compare's to Mally's solid primer/balm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This look so cool! I can't wait to try it out! I'll definitely check this out as soon as it's in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this in my Walgreens TODAY!!!! It looks interesting but it was up so high, I couldn't try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Trish it looks like a Mally Beauty dupe. But either way I'm excited to try it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey! I just noticed that there were other shades for this primer! hope this helps <3 http://www.covergirl.com/face-makeup/bronzer/trumagic-multiuse

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this product at Bed Bath and Beyond with 3 other new products... a concealer crayon (similar to the LOreal one in appearance), a foundation (it may just be re-packaged), and a highlight/luminizer in the same packaging as the mattifying balm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stopped using cover girl products when I found out they were not animal friendly but I'm dying to try the 3 in1 foundation... I may have to give in. Also I have extremely oily skin and the rimmel. 3 in primmer works well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick to ur guns. Even though it looks cool NO makeup or nail polish is worth it if they test on animals.

      Delete
  12. I have the Mally face defender one now I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally in for a primer in a compact!!!! Of all the new CG offerings this is the one I will be most interest in....unless the 4 new polishes come in the "tini" size!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig