Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 31, 2013

Big Lots Haul

I have a serious addiction to Big Lots. Anyone else? I just can't help myself--I think I'm in there at least once every two weeks, looking for new beauty goodies. And boy did I find some deals this time around, so you know I had to share them with you. Hopefully you can find these at your Big Lots too.

First up, it doesn't get much better than this:


Cute little Tweezerman nail files for THIRTY CENTS?!? Yes, please. I posted a sneak peek of these last night on my Instagram and a few of you suggested that these would make great stocking stuffers. I totally agree! I would be stoked to get Tweezerman files in my stocking, and I would never in a million years guess that you used nothin' but couch change to pay for them! PS: They also had a black & white zebra print design.


I also found these adorable little Tweezerman Matchbox Itty Bitty Files for under a buck, and guess what? Reader @dopa2 on Instagram told me that she used to work at Neiman Marcus and that they were selling these there for $10 EACH. Scooooore! I always seem to need a nail file when I'm not at home, so one of these is going right into my purse.


'Tis the season for the Holiday 2013 Limited Edition Yardley soaps and, as is the case every year, I had to grab both. Love 'em.


I used to love Salon Selectives shampoos and conditioners back in the day, but they changed the formulas in recent years and I don't like them as much now. But when I saw these new Salon Selectives Spa Body Washes ($3.25 for a huge 32 oz bottle) I had to get the Macadamia Oil & Coconut Milk Extract one (there were a few other formulas but this one was my favorite). It smells delicious. I actually wasn't going to get this at all, but I kept thinking about the scent while I was shopping and then I ended up going back and grabbing it at the last minute. I couldn't get it out of mind! It's nutty and coconutty and milky and buttery and oh my, here I go again.  And hey, if it's drying, I'll just use it as hand soap.


You know that the Epielle facial tissues are my Holy Grail towelettes, and I'm happy to see them expand the line to facial masks and even nose strips! I don't use nose strips too often, but they're fun (in a gross sort of way) so I figured what the heck, for a buck.


As we all know, Big Lots received a large shipment of Sinful Color polishes recently ($1 each!) and I've been scouring my local stores for shades I don't already own. I finally got 1149 Moss Have, which is a pastel green metallic. This was part of the Fall 2012 Hot Flash Metallics Collection and you can check out swatches of it here.

I also picked up one of the China Glaze Crackles (in Latticed Lilac) that I mentioned were at Big Lots a while back. My location still had a ton of them. Yay  for $1.80 China Glaze!

Plus, after seeing longtime reader Impoverished by Polish's suggestion on my original post about trying a SPONGED CRACKLE mani, I was super excited to get this one. If you haven't seen what it looks like when you use a sponge to apply a crackle, click here. It's quite beautiful, especially if you use a metallic crackle like these from China Glaze (see how I totally justified my purchase?).  Thanks again for that tip, Impoverished by Polish!


And that's it! Have you spotted any great beauty deals at your local Big Lots lately? I'd love to hear all about it!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. My BF went to Big Lots tonight without me! I was so mad. Definitely gonna pick up those matchbox files if i can find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new big lots had 3 per box of the crackle polishes for 1.80, they didn't realize they were supposed to sell them separately. Also they had a few of the Calgon 8oz sprays for 1.00

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a Big Lots closer to me. *sigh* However, I'm really excited about the tip for sponging on a crackle polish. The effect is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, my big lots has pretty much the exact same things they did at the beginning of the summer. No sign of the Sinful display, and no one at the store knows anything about it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the same way about Big Lots. Lol I had to ween myself. I must have those Yardley soaps. I love their other scents and just bought 3 a week or so ago when Walgreens had them on sale for $1.00.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job!! If anyone doesnt have a Big Lots near by, I saw the Yardley soaps at Walgreens for a buck! Same fragances!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I managed to pick up all 6 China Glaze crackles from that collection between 3 Big Lots. For $1.80 each, I was pretty happy, considering new nail polish sightings are rare at my BL. Still waiting for the Sinfuls to show up. Seems life some bottles of polishes have been sitting around for months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last weekend, I made a (very rare) trip to Big lots and scored Revlon nail polishes for $1 each, plus a variety of really great housewares for ridiculously low prices. I often want to go to Big Lots, especially when I see your posts, but the closest one is a good ten miles away, and I'm just not that dedicated.

    By the way, G., would you mind letting me know if the Salon Selectives body wash dries out your skin? That sounds like exactly the kind of fragrance I love, but my skin dries out really easily, and I don't want to buy it if I can't use it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As soon as I saw the bottle of Salon Selectives, their old jingle popped into my head - "Salon Selectives, salon glowwwww." Haha. I used to LOVE Salon Selectives. It smelled soooo good. Once they changed the formula (and the smell), I never bought it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the posters above, our Big Lots pretty much has the same stuff since the summer. I wish they had some of the newer stuff you (and others) have mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just got our first big lots, it opened about 2 weeks ago. I asked a worker how often do they restock new items and she said they will be getting deliveries 3x a week. I have been there 4x, no sinful polish displays and no restocking at all except food items. Many of the shelves are empty. I did get my hands on a great cosmetic floxite mirror that retails for $90 for $29.00. The beauty section is pathetic for a new store

      Delete
  11. I took a gamble on the nose strips recently, and wow.... They are so much better than the Biore and cheaper too. They are stickier and seem to dry a bit faster (the paper feels thinner and the tackiness does seep to the outside a bit).

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig