Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 29, 2013

Spotted: Fall/Winter 2013 Revlon Evening Opulence Collection by Gucci Westman (US Version)

If you caught my post about the UK version of the Evening Opulence Collection, then you know that there's a teal Lip Butter in that collection, as well as other products that, as you're about to see, are NOT in the US version. Several of you have mentioned that the US version, which is now popping up at Target stores across the nation, is quite different from the UK version. And I now have pics of the US version to share with you, thanks to reader Chelsea! So let's take a look at just how different it is from the UK version, shall we?

NOTE: I know that the teal Lip Butter IS coming to the US (it appeared in the September issue of InStyle Magazine and Revlon has confirmed that it's "coming soon"), but perhaps it's coming out in a different collection? Or maybe the display you're about to see is an abbreviated version of a larger Evening Opulence display, and a larger display will hit drugstores soon? Who knows? We'll have to wait and see...

image credit: Chelsea for Nouveau Cheap
PhotoReady Eyeshadow Palette in Muse (NEW)
PhotoReady Kajal in Carbon (NOT NEW)

Chelsea confirmed that the liners behind the first one in the display are also Carbon, but they have the older packaging that still has "new" printed in red on the front.

image credit: Chelsea for Nouveau Cheap 
Nail Enamel in Rich (NEW)
Nail Enamel in Elusive (NEW)

Several of you have mentioned that Rich is a dupe for Revlon Carbonite, which was sort of a dupe for Chanel Graphite. Chelsea said that Elusive is like a blue glitter version of Facets of Fuchsia/Scandalous.


image credit: Chelsea for Nouveau Cheap 
Nail Enamel in Divine (NEW)
Nail Enamel in Seductive (NEW)

Chelsea described Divine as a "deep oxblood/burgundy red" and Seductive as a "deep eggplant purple that looks black at certain angles."

image credit: Chelsea for Nouveau Cheap 
Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop (NOT NEW)
Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Sugar Violet (NOT NEW)

None of the four glosses in this display are new, but they are the "new" Super Lustrous lipglosses of course (vs. the old square-shaped tubes). You can see my review/swatches of Pink Pop and Berry Allure here.

image credit: Chelsea for Nouveau Cheap 
Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Berry Allure
Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pinkissimo 

In summary, We've got one new Photoready eyeshadow palette and four new nail enamels. The rest of the products in this display are repromotes of existing products in the permanent Revlon line. 

Thanks so much, Chelsea, for the great photos and detailed info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I picked up elusive this February at a trade show in Chicago for about $1. Could this be a repromote? I know the packaging says new however my bottle does not. I'd be happy to email pictures and swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Elusive is like a blue glitter version of Facets of Fuchsia/Scandalous, wouldnt that make it like "Midnight Sparkle" from last seasons holiday line? Which is also a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's "Lady Sings The Blues".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those silver glitter in blue polish? The new one is blue glitter in black polish I think

      Delete
    2. Both Lady Sings the Blues and Midnight Sparkle are blue glitters in a black jelly base. I think they just re-released Midnight Sparkle and renamed it Elusive. They've done this before. Scandalous used to be Facets of Fuchsia, and Girly used to be called Popular.

      Delete
  3. It's a lot more of a teal glitter with a matte finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was wearing this until today and I second that it's a teal with a matte (or at least semi-matte) :)

      Divine is a oxblood indeed but it's a shimmer~
      Seductive is a deep warm purple jelly!

      Delete
  4. erg. I really hope the lip butters make their way over here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought Rich today and I'm wearing it right now. It's absolutely lovely. It has a really lovely scattered gold glitter effect. Despite being a metallic/foil finish, it does not show flaws on my super jacked up nails that badly. The formula was a little runny but workable if you're careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im so bummed the colorburst gloss in embellished isnt included, nor are the lip butters :( what a letdown, maybe there will be multiple display versions popping up, thats my hope, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found Elusive on my Target's clearance rack for 75 cents! I wonder how that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked up Divine at the Target here in Florissant, MO. I am still looking for that teal lip butter, which is the only other product I want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Revlon has a new product called Revlon Nearly Naked Mineral Powder coming out soon in Australia. It was featured in one of the women's glossy mags. $29.95. I'm guessing it's their take on the Bare Minerals loose powder foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought/swatched Divine and found that its extremely similar to Illamasaqua Scarab. Just FYI. A teeny tiny touch darker and more shimmery up close, but almost dupes.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig