Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Carbonite: Revlon's newest dupe has landed!

A HUGE thanks to my wonderful reader Amy for this one!

First it was Perplex. Then it was Black With Envy. And now, the NEWEST polish dupe from Revlon is Carbonite. Amy spotted the display for Carbonite at her local Meijer (I swear, Meijer gets everything first!) and she was kind enough to share pics of her mani with us, because of course she bought a bottle!

Revlon Carbonite is rumored to be a dupe of Chanel Graphite (you can check out Cafe Makeup's fab pics of Graphite here--you be the judge!)

image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Carbonite

image credit: Amy for Nouveau Cheap
Revlon Carbonite

So let the frenzy begin, my lovelies! As with Perplex and Black With Envy, I encourage you to leave your comments on this post if you have spotted Carbonite in your area. It helps SO much to know which stores are carrying this display, so please, if you find it, let us know where you spotted it. 

Thanks in advance, and a HUGE thanks to Amy for the great pics and scoop!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. LOVE! Hope I can find it! Was lucky enough to get Perplex, but no luck on Black With Envy! Fingers crossed!!

    Maureen (@QponCutie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I saw that at my local HEB the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the other two, so I'll probably look for this one, even if the name DOES make me think of Han Solo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That's pretty good, good enough....and to think I almost bought a backup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh Laura thanks for the heads up!!

    I need to go there tomorrow and I will try to hunt it down!

    Avery check your local Walgreens, mine has several in another display case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang! I may have seen this one too. I just didn't know the story behind it. Now...where DID I see it????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this at my Miejer - I actually picked it up and Graphite, so I'm swatching side by side tonight to post tomorrow. It's a pretty one, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this (and bought it) at my local CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spotted the display at BBB tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOT! I love Revlon. I was lucky enough to find Black With Envy on sale awhile back, now if someone would just dupe Peridot, I'd be a happy girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't spotted this one yet, but it looks a shade or so lighter than the Essie "Over the Edge" color, which I do own. The Essie shad is somewhat darker, but has the same metallic finish.
    If you cannot find this one, try the Essie one, I know they're much more widely available now than they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to be looking for this for sure. I cant wait to see shake up your makeup's swatches for comparison!!!Thanks for posting this G. !!!! :)
    I'll will say it again! I LOVE your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw this when my local Harmon Face Values first put out the display but skipped it in favor of Maybelline's Shine Sensational Pop Sticks (which I regret). When I go back to return the Pop Stick I'm picking up a bottle of Carbonite!
    And if you're worried about missing out...I wouldn't be. I've seen displays in many local drugstores, and since the display is just the nail polish there's many bottles to go around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my!!!! This comes at the perfect time, just as I'm debating buying the Chanel, Revlon, you make me happy!!!! =) Plus, I'm pretty sure they're cruelty-free, bonus!!!! I MUST find this!!! Anyone in Rhode Island come across it yet? I know they still have Black with Envy around here... Does anyone know what the display looks like or if this is LE??? Plmk!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw Carbonite at a CVS in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just picked it up on my lunch hour at my local ULTA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anyone in the Virginia Beach area, they have a full display of this at the Harris Teeter on Princess Anne and S. Plaza Trail.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig