Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 15, 2012

Blog update (It's hard to stay classy in San Diego right now)


The above pic was taken yesterday. It was 105 degrees here in San Diego, and this is what happened to a bag of Mini Reese's that I left out on the kitchen counter (not in direct sunlight). I don't have air conditioning in my home, and as of the time of this post, it's currently 106 degrees outside (inside, I'm guessing it's about 100). So in the immortal words of Run Burgundy, it's hard to stay classy in this heat.

Just a quick blog update: It's hot here in San Diego. I mean, really hot. And since I don't have air conditioning in my home (not uncommon in older homes here in San Diego), I can't be here in my office today (which is where I work on my blog). So in other words,  there will be no posts today, and I'm running very behind on responding to Twitter questions, emails and the like. I hope you understand and I thank you for your patience!

PS: When it cools down later tonight, I'll work on the Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales post, which should be up by Sunday morning. In the meantime, I'm escaping to the movies and anywhere else that has air conditioning!

PPS: I've been receiving lots of duplicate photo submissions lately. While I am extremely grateful for any and all pics that I receive from you (and I so appreciate that you'd take time out of your day to share pics with us), it appears that some of you may have missed my original coverage of certain collections. So while I'm away, feel free to check out these posts (if you haven't already):

 
PPPS: If you don't follow me on Facebook, at least my lipsticks are surviving in this heat. Yay!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I guess you can use the melted Reese as a ice cream topping? LOL!! Sounds gross though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put them in the fridge and you'll have a mega-Reese's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're also trying to survive 100 degree weather out here in the SF Valley. The trick is to open all windows at night and in the morning when it starts to warm up, close all windows and blinds/curtains to keep the house cool longer. Hope this helps. Stay cool and don't forget to drink plenty of water! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No a/c? How awful! I'm in LA and while we do have a/c, our bedroom unit was broken for WEEKS. It's finally fixed, thankfully - we were sleeping in the living room for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bread, meet your new best friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, yesterday was miserable.. I live in San Diego, too. Unfortunately, Fall around here just means more hot weather. Hope you're finding ways to stay cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh NO! Melted chocolate is always disappointing. Stay cool over there - there's nothing like a dip in the pool or a quick, frigid shower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agh! Stay safe! I live in the Inland Empire, and while we're used to the ungodly heat, most of us also have A/C!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been crazy hot in LA and my blog is suffering too. All I want todo is nap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is terrible!I don't see how you can stand that. I think I would rather be back in Fairbanks in -40 winter than to be in that kinda heat. I don't do heat well at all and I feel really badly for you. How is your makeup surviving that? ON YOUR KITCHEN COUNTER! That is so awful, I'm sorry you're having to go through that! Stay safe and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, stay cool! I remember before we had real A/C I went to Home Depot to get a portable unit in order to keep my bedroom cool. It was 92 in the room when I turned it on. I'm also in So Cal and I'm looking forward to getting Fall weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eve is right, closing your windows and curtains during the day really works. Stay classy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Eeek movies is a good idea! I wish I could share some of the beautiful 65-75 degrees weather we've been having in new York! I hope it cools down soon for you!!
    Those melted reeses would make a great dessert topper :-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh that sounds miserable! In Maine, we are already experiencing Fall rather quickly, as usual haha. 64 degrees today! :-) Stay cool! Adore this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fellow San Diegan without A/C here - I went to Bath and Body Works then Target for some shopping to escape the heat. I cannot believe this weather, especially so late in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here in Encinitas was 98 .. We north coastal residents brag about the weather but yesterday was MISERABLE :O ttzzzzz **sizzling sound**

    ReplyDelete
  17. LA over here. It was sooooooooooo hot I HAD to get out of my apartment just to survive.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig