Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 20, 2012

Dollar Tree sightings

We're definitely overdue for a Dollar Tree sightings post, aren't we? My last good sighting at Dollar Tree was back in June, when I found Sally Hansen Snappy Sprinkles (limited edition) and of course those new-ish LA Colors eyeshadow trios. And by the way, I'm still seeing the lovely, and long ago discontinued NYC Blushable Creme Sticks at my local Dollar Trees, so get out there and check your locations in case you want to stock up.

So now let's get to both a good, and bad, sighting. If you're a regular follower of this blog, you know that my Holy Grail eyebrow pencil is Maybelline Define-A-Lash in Dark Blonde. It's the perfect match for my brows, it doesn't turn red, and I basically love everything about it and couldn't go a day without it. I always have two back-ups in my home because I live under the threat of accidentally running out. 

Anyway, a while back, it was brought to my attention that Maybelline had discontinued certain shades in the Define-A-Brow range, which is never a good sign. Thankfully, Dark Blonde was not one of them. One of the shades that did get discontinued was Dark Brown, and reader Carolyn spotted this shade at her local Dollar Tree the other day:

image credit: Carolyn for Nouveau Cheap

Carolyn writes:

Check out what I found at my local Dollar Tree! Only dark brown was available (and there were tons of them), so I only bought one to try it out since my usual shade is dark blonde like you.  I am happy to report that this works great...no reddish tones at all, and when I brush through with a spoolie...perfection.
Hey, even though this shade seems like it would be too dark for me, I'm willing to give it a shot for a buck (seriously, how could you pass that up?). Hopefully I can get it to work for me, like Carolyn did!

So yes, this is good sighting, but it also gives me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach when I think that my beloved Dark Blonde might soon be on the chopping block as well. Someone recently sent me a pic of other Define-A-Lash shades that were on clearance at Target (I think) but I cannot find the tweet/email/comment. If it was you, could you please leave a comment on this post? Thank you!

Thanks so much, Carolyn, for the great sighting and info!

PS: If Maybelline does eventually discontinue Dark Blonde, I apologize in advance for any reactions this causes me to express on this blog (I'll try to keep the crying and whining to a minimum but I make no promises!). There are now four shades in this range (according to the Maybelline website) so please, Maybelline, don't let your next move be to cut the line completely.
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. I recently found the Wet'N'Wild Juicy lip balms in a 2-pack at Dollar Tree, and picked up Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Jade. I'm going back for Night Flight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still find it crazy that they discontinued that color, but I will check out my local Dollar Tree and rack up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beginning Sunday, August 26th, Dollar Tree will be accepting coupons (at most locations). They finally answered the question about it here:
    https://www.facebook.com/dollartree/posts/10151182831402008

    ReplyDelete
  4. A buck, that's awesome! If they ever discontinue Light Brown, I'll be super sad and distraught.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brow pencil is so much better than the master shape one they have, I don't know why they're discontinuing any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Master Shape, but MAC Spiked andits cousin Define a Brow in dark brown have been my holy Grails! I guess I'll be finding a dollar tree.

      Delete
  6. i've spotted those NYC blushable creme sticks at my Dollar Tree, too. also NYC powder blushes, some maybelline lipglosses in 2 packs no less and tons of Sally Hansen Insta-dris-including the LE collection from last fall that contained Bronze Ablaze...needless to say, i stocked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone locates it at a Dollar Tree in PA, please report back. I'm on the hunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also on the Dollar Tree front: by Sept 1, 2012, all DT locations will accept manufacturers coupons! Up to two like coupons per purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please if anyone see dark brown in S. FL please let me know!

    I also saw the define-a-brow shades on clearance @ Target & meant to send you a pic. But they were on clearance only at the Target near my work, but not at one by my house on another nearby (kinda strange)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone sees dark brown in S. FL let me know please

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been to several DT stores in SoCal (long Beach and Riverside) and can't find these:(((

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also found these at Dollar Tree (NE FL): http://ow.ly/d6JVd L.A. Colors lipstick/lipgloss duos! Would love to know if anyone has tried them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was at my local Target earlier and saw Dark Blonde on clearance. Sorry I don't have a picture for proof though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got Dark Blonde this past weekend at Target. D: I've only seen it on clearance at Target so far, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!

    I was the one who tweeted you about the Target sighting of the Define-a-Brow, here is the image: http://twitpic.com/alhcgr

    I found Dark Blonde and Light Brown in one of the back aisles of the makeup section - those were the only two shades I saw, I've heard wonders about it from you and others on here so I got both :D

    --TellMeDelmy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!

    I was the one who tweeted you about the Target sighting of the Define-a-Brow, here is the image: http://twitpic.com/alhcgr

    I found Dark Blonde and Light Brown in one of the back aisles of the makeup section - those were the only two shades I saw, I've heard wonders about it from you and others on here so I got both :D

    --Delmy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also spotted the Covergirl single eyeshadows from older version...and some NYC lipglosses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK, I'm definitely going to Dollar Tree and Big Lots and maybe TJ Maxx. I'm getting jealous of all the great deals all of you are finding. And, I may have to move to a state where there's a Rite Aid! I feel so left out =/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Medium Brown is also on clearance. It got marked down to $4 to $2 and sometimes it doesnt have a clearance sticker. I contacted maybelline and they said they're not discontinuing to product but that the store might not be stocking it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nooooooooo!! To those of you who spotted dark blonde on clearance at target, can you tell me if ALL the define-a-brows were on clearance, or was it just certain shades? Thanks so much, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the shades but thankfully dark blonde is the one that always left :-)

      Delete
  21. I love those brow pencils too! I use black though. They are the only ones I've ever used and was impressed with application and wear. It looks so natural and I have no clue what product I could turn to if the whole line is discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I mentioned about a month ago that your favorite Maybelline concealer was on clearance at Target. That may be what you were thinking of. Luckily I haven't seen it on clearance anywhere since!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm from California. I've went to the San Leandro and Oakland store with no luck. Anyone else in my area seen it? Maybe in Berkeley?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig