Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spotted: new products from Rimmel and more

When I was at a local CVS the other day, I spotted some new and also new-to-CVS products that I'd like to share with you today!

First up, the Kate Moss for Rimmel 8HR lipsticks that I blogged about last winter (click here to see what I'm talking about) never ended up surfacing at drugstores in my area, so I was quite shocked to see the NEW collection (which some of you have reported seeing lately) at a local CVS:

 Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish 8HR Rubies & Reds Collection

The color swatches in the following photo are more accurate:


What's interesting about this collection is that there's a "Smokey Finish" lipstick on the far right of the display, that you use to layer OVER the other lipsticks to get, well, a smoky finish:


The color swatch above (see the number "15") is actually quite accurate. This color is a dark taupish-brown frosty lipstick that you can layer over the other shades, which are all red cremes.

Next up, I spotted the new Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliners:

 Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliners


Do these look familiar to you? They SHOULD, if you caught my review of the Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eyeliners from January (click here to see). The packaging is extremely similar (which is interesting because there are various Asian beauty brands that released products with this type of gel liner packaging before Revlon did).


I'm a sucker for long-wear gel liners, so expect a review from me (compare/contrast to the Revlon version maybe) in the future.

And finally, a few new-to-CVS products I wanted to share with you:

 Skinnygirl favorites

I was surprised to see some Skinnygirl products at CVS recently, considering that these were previously only available at Walmart. All of these products retail for $9.99 each.

And last but not least, I was REALLY surprised to see the Wet n Wild LE All Broken Up collection at CVS, since, this too, was previously only available at Walmart:


You can see my swatches of the gold and black shades in this collection here. If you're still on the crackle train, these are a great option at $2.99 each (inexpensive for a crackle). For more details on this collection, including shade names, click here.

Have you spotted/purchased any of the products featured in this post? Thoughts?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I think the LA Color eyeliner gel comes in a package very similar too.

    Don't make me want to go to CVS, now! The stores here are messy and crappy. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Rimmel products. I'll have to have a look when I go to CVS next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I want the Rimmel lipstick #15 so badly! I haven't seen any mention of it appearing in Europe at all. The UK did not get #6, #10 and #11 as well, so I'm curious to see what they are like. It is quite frustrating when different shades get released in various countries, like with L'Oreal Color Infallibles, and it always leaves me wondering what the missing shades look like. Thank you as always for the great info on drugstore releases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Regarding the Rimmel lipsticks - the original ones are actually in the permanent display in all the drugstores in my area (SoCal) - so maybe look there if you are looking to find them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen the original Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks in cvs/longs, walmart but they're not sealed and are all molested, one was a stump! arrrh and waaaah I wish they would shrink wrap these products. Thanks for the heads up on the new collection, maybe I can find some untouched.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know Rimmel also has a new foundation (it was something "clean matte"). I didn't like it 'cause it had too light of coverage & didn't really seem matte.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gel liner looks very interesting-I will have to look for that. I tried the new Clean Finish Matte foundation as well, and was not happy with it either. Not very good coverage, didn't wear well, and broke me out. I know the regular Clean Finish has mineral oil so I scoured the ingredient list and didn't think the matte version did, but maybe I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw these lipsticks in a display at walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got no 06 the pinky coral last night. Close dupe to MAC's Force of Love lipstick. Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i bought rimmel 10 and 11, and I really like them. One is a berry red, and the other, a vampy bourdeaux kind of red... very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got the rimmel lipsticks in 06 (bright pink) and 15 (smoky overcoat). I absolutely LOVE the smoky top coat! It's so versatile too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig