Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My CVS haul (thanks to YOU!)

We all know that the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale is well underway, but if it weren't for YOU, the amazing readers of Nouveau Cheap, I would not have been able to score this deal. So I want to thank everyone who was kind enough to share this deal with us, and I also want pass along this deal to anyone who many have missed it. 

Check this out:

CVS is currently printing out some KILLER coupons at the red scanner box (scan your Extra Care cards, folks!) that you can use in conjunction with the Beauty Clearance Sale. And when I say killer, I really mean it.

Guess how much I paid for all three of these Physicians Formula skincare products?

 Physicians Formula Moisture Balance Skincare 
(retail: $19.99 each)

NOTHING! 

Yep. Nothing. When I scanned my Extra Care card at the red scanner box the other day, I FINALLY got the much-talked-about $15 off Physicians Formula Skincare coupon. AND, all of the BLUE Moisture Balance products above are now on clearance for $4.99 each. So I was able to get all three of the products you see above FREE. The retail price of these products is $19.99 each but they're on clearance for $4.99 (75% off). So $4.99 x 3 = $14.97 = FREE after coupon.

My CVS did NOT have any clearance tags or sale signs on these products, so once again, if you don't see signs or stickers, take the products on the Master List to the scanner and they SHOULD come up on clearance in the system. These products definitely did, so that's why they were FREE after coupon.

But that's not all!
(I always feel like an infomercial whenever I say that)


I also got a coupon at the red scanner box for $4 off any $20 beauty purchase (you should all be getting this coupon this week), so in the SAME transaction, I also bought the new Neutrogena Shine Control Primer above.

Let's break down how this all worked out:
  • 3 Physicians Formula skincare products - $4.99 each on clearance
  • Neutrogena Shine Control Primer - $13.99 (yikes, this product is expensive!)
  • Total before coupons: $28.96
  • Total after $4 off $20 beauty purchase coupon: $24.96
  • Total after $15 off Physicians Formula skincare coupon: $9.96
So after clearance markdowns and coupons, I got $73.96 worth of products for $9.96!

I basically got the Neutrogena primer for $9.96 since the skincare products were FREE. Not bad, huh?

Unlike my Rite Aid haul yesterday (which was a matter of sheer luck), YOU can score this deal too, if you get the same coupons at the red scanner box this week! Of course you don't have to buy the primer I purchased, but you can buy something in the $5-$6 range and essentially get it, and all three PF skincare products, for FREE after tax if you use both coupons together in a single transaction! 

Happy shopping, and thanks again to everyone who shared the PF skincare deal with us. I REALLY appreciate it and I know that many other readers do as well!
SHARE:

38 comments

  1. I am about to go try this! THANK YOU! :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to my CVS three times this week (had to get a couple other things) and not once did the scanner give me any beauty related coupons. I am a beauty club member and slightly annoyed buy the fact that I kept getting a dollar off some candy etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes get in streaks where I get nothing but candy coupons too. Hate that. However, are you scanning your card multiple times in a row? Always scan, get your coupons, then scan again, get more coupons, and keep repeating that process until the machine says something like, ” There are no more coupons available today.” You might get lucky! :)

      Delete
    2. My mother in law has my car version of cvs card and sometimes beats me to the good coupons!! is there a way to change this? :)

      Delete
    3. Get a new card camisunshine. Each person can have their own card. Don't forget to sign up for the beauty club on the new card. It'll take a bit to get the good coupons to print out though.

      Delete
  3. Also, congrats on the awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Thanks! Heading to CVS right now as I'm just about out of moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to scan my cvs card today, my husband lost his, do u think I might be able to get the Physicians formula coupon w a new card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea. One of the greatest mysteries of the world is how CVS decides which coupons to issue to each member! Lol!

      Delete
    2. I was looking through some older receipts that I had using my husband's cvs card, and THERE IT WAS!!! The $15 off Physicians formula coupon!!! Yayyy so THANKS TO YOU!!! I got for free, Physicians formula,Cashmere wear Ultra Bronzing. Wow, I couldn't believe it!! I am loved and I can't to try it on tomorrow. It's beautiful!

      Delete
  6. I bought the PF moisturizer and eye cream last week when I got $8 worth of extra care bucks from purchasing new Revlon products but unfortunately had to return it a couple days later. The eye cream stung my eyes and the moisturizer was nothing special. It's a great deal if it works for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer that they didn't work for you! I've heard good feedback and also bad about this line, but for free, i'm willing to give it a shot! Lol :)

      Delete
    2. PS: a little tip for moisturizers that don't end up working for your face: you can always use them as hand or foot creams! :) Kind of luxurious, but at least they won't go to waste!

      Delete
  7. That's awesome! I've been to over five different CVS locations in various parts of my state, but none of them carry the PF skincare line. I've gotten a $15 off coupon for it a few times, so I wish I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen them either!!! i have one more CVS to check that is a ways away but i think the drive is worth it,if i do find these products!! can't beat free! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey ladies! I've heard from some readers that, in certain locations that don't carry the PF skincare, that the cashiers are allowing you to substitute PF MAKEUP instead!

      I've also heard that certain readers have used the coupon toward PF makeup even if their store Carries the skincare, but I can't confirm if that will work EVERYWHERE.

      Hope they helps!

      Delete
  8. That is the best haul ever! Must have felt amazing seeing the full savings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's awesome, you're like the show Extreme Couponing (: I wish there were CVSs in my area, it's too bad that I can't try this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I could never be that hardcore, but those red scanner coupons make it so easy!

      And I wish you had a CVS in your area too! :(

      Delete
  10. Can't wait for a review on that primer! Awesome deal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. RATS! I didn't know the $4 off $20 beauty could be used on skincare. Oh well. I still only paid $0.67 for $67.39 worth of items (those 3 skincare items and 5 Maybelline items)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, ANY beauty purchase...haircare too. But your haul was so great, you didn't need it!! :)

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much I've never seen that Neutrogena item before I would love to try it with my oily skin for summer.And I got all those coupons as well , yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you search my blog for ”neutrogena shine control”, you'll see my post about the whole collection. There are new Shine Control foundations and a pressed powder in the collection too. :)

      Delete
  13. My physicians formula coupon actually applied to the rest of my purchase too. So I bought 2 items from their skincare line for about $10, and the leftover $5 went towards my other stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for letting us know that! :)

      Delete
  14. I got the Physicians Formula deal too. The moisturizer and eye cream work so well on my skin. I wouldnt have scored it without Nouveau Cheap! Luv u girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Luv you right back! :)

      And i'm sooo glad they're working for you!

      Delete
  15. Be careful with that eye cream, my skin did not reaction well to it at all!! I had redness and swelling around my eyes for days. I've never reacted to a product like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I went to a CVS today and did not get either of those coupons. I got a lot of random coupons though. ):

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please review the eye cream for us! I'm eager to hear your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Physians formula and thanks to you got lots of the cleRance makeups. Theres a sweet deal comming up this July 1 at CVS all Physicians formula cosmetic 7 or more will have a 7 off . Its a money maker because its part of the gas card deal when you buy 30 dollars you get 10 ecb.

    Example concelear its 7.99-7 off-1 manufacture coupon it will be FREE just the .99 will count toward gas card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I swear I love that stuff. I went shopping that day and got only moisturizer and when I went back to get more they were all gone ughhhh! But thank you so much on the master list because of that master list I would have never known about this master sale thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was wondering if you are going to do a full review on the PF skin care that you just purchased? Thanks and love your blog

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig