Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 9, 2012

Spotted: new products (pic heavy)

PLEASE READ: As many of you know, I'm extremely behind on my blog due to recent family emergencies. If you have sent me photos/info about new products that I have NOT yet covered on this blog, please know that I will get back to you as soon as possible. If you sent info/pics about products I have already covered on this blog, I might not get back to you because I have received many emails/tweets/comments in the past few weeks about things I have already blogged about at length and I'm having a hard time keeping up at this time. Please know that I'm grateful for everything you take the time to send my way, but I'm only one person and I'm doing my best as time permits.

That said, I have accumulated many pics of my own over the past few weeks, which I'd like to share with you today (with more reader-submitted photos to come of other new products!). Some of you may have already seen these products in your local drugstores, but I'm posting them anyway because some readers live in remote areas and don't get things as quickly as others, and I just want EVERYONE to get an idea of what's out there.

So let's get started! All of the following products were spotted at Rite Aid:

Almay Clear Complexion Makeup, Concealer + Treatment Gel and Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer:



I already posted a pic of the new Almay primer, but since I spotted the full display at my Rite Aid recently I thought I'd share:




I also spotted the new NYC Be Bold Collection:


This display contains three new products: BIG BOLD Mascara, High Definition Liquid Eyeliner (felt tip liner pen) and Show Time Glitter Eyeliners (metallic pencils). I don't believe the eyshadow quads are new, but I could be mistaken.


I love volumizing mascaras and this one looks promising. I can't wait to try it!


The Show Time Glitter Pencils state on the packaging that they have a "metallic, sparkling effect". There are four shades in this display: Show Time Black, Starry Blue Sky, Glitterazzi Brown and Paparazzi Purple.


The High Definition Liquid Liner is a felt-tip liner (my favorite kind!) and there's one shade in this display: Extra Black.


To see the full press releases for many of the new 2012 CoverGirl products, please click here. To see pics of the new CoverGirl WetSlicks Fruit Spritzers that have been popping up in Canada recently, click here. I stated before that if I have already posted a press release on a new product, I won't be posting display pics too, because I feel that it's redundant. So the only reason I'm posting these pics is because THIS display features the new Lineblast 24HR felt-tip liners, which I did not post pics of previously:


They're smaller/more compact that I thought they'd be!


A while back I showed you an end-cap display for the new L'Oreal Color Riche Nail Colors, but since I spotted a different counter display recently at Rite Aid, I thought I'd share.




I also was lucky enough to spot a full display of the new Maybelline Super Stay 14HR Lipsticks (which I showed you here, along with the new Stain Glosses) and since I was able to get a clear pic of every shade in the display (there are 20 shades here) I thought it might be helpful:



Top row: Keep Me Coral, Continuous Cranberry, Ravishing Rouge, Enduring Ruby, Timeless Crimson, Infinite Iris, Till Mauve Do Us Part, Endless Raisin, Please Stay Plum, Wine and Forever

Bottom row: Perpetual Peony, Ultimate Blush, Pout on Pink, Fuchsia Forever, Eternal Rose, Beige For Good, Never Ending Nude, Consistently Truffle, Lasting Chestnut, Ceaseless Caramel

Next up, I spotted some of the new Spring 2012 releases from City Color:


If you missed my review of the new City Color Lip Balms featuring all four shades in this collection, you can click here for pics and swatches.


Apologies for the pic, but there are also some new dual-ended lipglosses in the City Color Spring Fling collection, as well as some new polishes:


These bottles are so cute with the little rose design on the top of the lid.


I also spotted this Nail Polish To Go display from City Color--I'm not sure if this was a winter release or if it's new, so I thought I'd share it just in case.


Speaking of nail polish, I spotted the new shades of Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens (I had seen these a while back at Bed Bath and Beyond as well) so in case you haven't seen them yet, here are the new colors:


Periwinkle, Coral, Turquoise, Chartreuse


Pearly White, Orange, Yellow, Green


Hedy's Ma.nish.ma. has a new collection called Jet Set, which features four eyeshadow trios. I don't know about you, but the tagline: "Create your own destiny.." with the blue sky and jets makes me think of the TV show Lost!


Manhattan, South Beath, Sante Fe, Tahoe

In person, the Tahoe trio is very pretty; the middle shade is a lovely taupe.


Remember a while back when I showed you the new L'Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Black? Well I was surprised to see that this liner actually comes in FIVE shades: Black, Brown, Gray, Violet and Green.



 This one's probably old news to you, but I spotted the new imPRESS press-on nails from Broadway recently. Have you see the TV commercials yet? Anyway, the early feedback I've heard about these has been quite good so far--I hear they last a week or more, which would be incredible because I've never gotten press-on nails to last me more than 24 hours. I love how they come in a little "bottle".


We already went over some of these new Wet n Wild products here, but I wanted you Rite Aid shoppers to know that I spotted the above display, as well as the MegaLast polish display and the eyeshadow singles display at my Rite Aid recently:



And last but not least, I spotted the new Halle Berry Reveal The Passion fragrance display. I must say, I like this A LOT more than the original Reveal (which is nice too). This one seems more powdery and a bit more sweet as well. I just adore Halle Berry fragrances so I'm exciting to own this one!

Please stay tuned for many more new product sightings this week. In the meantime, have you spotted any of these new products in your area yet? Do you own any of them? How do you like them?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. A year of beauty awesomeness ahead, great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh some of these look really tempting. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely keep an eye out for the Maybelline lipsticks :)

    Out of curiosity, has anyone seen the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks at their local CVS yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that's a lot of new products!! The sally hansen nail art pens look suspiciously similar to Nic's sticks.

    Also I hope you can do a review of the new WnW lippies soon! At first I thought they were new matte lippies (I NEARLY DIED OF EXCITEMENT) but it seems they're cream finishes (??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter works part time for CVS. She is in college and always says..." I have to work there mom...I need to know when the makeup sales are going on." lol I laugh. Yes, there are huge markdowns now with CVS lots of Revlon 75 percent off. Great post and awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the new Loreal polishes last week and looked over the shades. I know Loreal owns Essie now, and Haute Couture Red looks a lot like Essie Wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if the Almay Clear Complexion makeup has a new formula, or if it's just the pump-top packaging that's new? Glad to see it has a pump now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post & I appreciate the pics! Since I don't have a Rite Aid or CVS in my area, I will have to check out our one & only Walgreens to see if any of these items have made their way here yet. However, I am going out of town tomorrow for a dr's appt into one of the larger metro's so maybe one of the Walgreens there will have them for sure! :)) As always, I appreciate your hard work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad things are starting to settle down for you now G- you were in my thoughts but I was dealing with my own 'stuff' so wasn't able to send my well wishes to you in a timely fashion. *hugs*

    Super pics here today! I picked up a City Color tinted balm in Mauve and love it! Totally agree with your review. I think I even like it better than... dare I say it... Revlon's Berry Smoothie LB (the closest one I can think of shade-wise) The City Color seems to have a smoother, more even texture and higher moisture content for me so chapped lips beware! I just hope they get popular enough so they make more shades after I get all of these :)

    Ma.nish.ma also has Jet Set tinted balms but I didn't care for the ones I got (South Beach was one, I forget the other). They were too frosty and at the same time too sheer for my taste and didn't have a lot going on in any special way, especially compared to City Color. Plus the tubes were awful- the lids don't click to stay on so naturally they came off, made a mess in my bag after which I lost them both (or my cat got to them first when I dropped them and are now living under the fridge!).

    I also picked up two of the Maybelline 14hr l/s, Neverending Nude and Pout on Pink. I like them but they don't last more than a couple hrs on me tops, much less 14! I need a gloss over to offset the dryness which I'm sure affects the staying power negatively but oh well, they look too dry otherwise but don't actually 'feel' dry, if that makes any sense! The Nude isn't too brown for melike most nudes which is great, but has noticeable shimmer; small glitter pieces which tend to linger after the rest wears off and I'm not crazy about. IIRC Pout on Pink also has shimmer but not in the same glitterific way as the Nude. Minus one or two others, the remaining shades seemed too bright or too dark for my taste, but the actual product does seem true to the color on the outside of the tubes (which are not sealed shut). I don't think I'll be getting any more though b/c I already got the two that caught my eye. I'd like to try the new 14hr glosses too but I haven't spotted those anywhere yet. Held off on the WnW as they all looked too bright for me right now and I dislike these kinds of tubes where the product doesn't retract all the way :(

    I also got the new Lash Blast 24hr mascara in Black Gold & really like it. It reminds me of MAC Blitz and Glitz Fluidline color-wise, at my best guess. For me it works just as well, if not better, than the waterproof CGLB in the orange tube, despite the 24hr version doesn't technically say 'waterproof' anywhere. Still, no smudges or flaking, lots of volume and definition, and a unique shade which is what drew me to it in the first place :) Hope Black Gold isn't LE!

    wow, I'm so sorry for writing an entire novel here! I always seem to do this when I actually get around to commenting -back to lurk mode LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the 1st time in a long long time the drugstores in my area are getting the displays! Between Walgreen and Rite Aid I have seen so many of these! It makes me happy to see it all! I am trying to save $$ for vacation in February.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks at my local CVS, but they weren't exactly "out" yet-- the display was on top of the aisle shelves. I reached up and pulled a few down to look at them though (hee) and there is a really pretty coral!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and pictures!! I really LOVE your blog! I have learned so MUCH from all these drugstores products that I am starting to not use SEPHORA anymore ha ha!

    I bought 4 of the wet & wild Amped Up Shadows and let me tell you, THEY ARE SO GOOD!! Their pigmentation is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks at Walgreens - a couple of nude/lighter colors, a deep dark purple and a red. For some reason, Walgreens in my area put new product displays way up on the top shelves over the shampoo and lotions making it impossible for most people to really look at the items.

    I tried the Almay correcting primer at Ulta - there was a tester in the display - one small squirt and I ended up with a huge glob of light green on my hand - maybe the tester was messed up?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sadly, the imPRESS nails only lasted an hour or so on me - I got a pack in my Influenster box and did a review on them the next day. They are higher quality press-on nails, but not worth spending money on. It's hard to imagine them lasting more than a couple hours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought the almay corrective primer and although I really dont have much to say about since it seems to work well as a primer. I dont see it really reducing any redness or brightening like it claims. on that note, the smell is horrible! it literally smells like urine to me and almost makes me not want to put this stuff on my face.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig