Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 8, 2010

Dupe Alert! Bobbi Brown Pink Mauve = NYC Peony Kiss

I guess discovering that MAC Fiction dupe that I posted earlier today got my dupe-finding juices flowing again! I've since found a few more drugstore dupes that I'll be sharing with you in the days to come, and the first one I want to show you is one that I'm VERY happy to have found because it's for a lip color I simply adore.

Bobbi Brown Pink Mauve (formerly just "Mauve") is one of my favorite pinky-browns ever. It's actually more of a berry-mauve-pinky-brown, but whatever you want to call it, it's just one of those shades that I can put on and instantly feel like my entire face is glowing. I really cannot express to you how much I love this lip color, but the one thing I don't love about it is the price ($22 is just way beyond my budget these days).

When I first showed you the NYC Rose Lip Gloss in the shade Peony Kiss, I think I mentioned that it reminded me of a Bobbi Brown lip color. At that time I wasn't exactly sure which shade (I own dozens of BB lipsticks) so it took me a while but I finally found it:

Bobbi Brown Pink Mauve (retail: $22)
NYC Peony Kiss (retail: $2.99)

Looking closely, I'd say the only real difference in these lip colors is that Peony Kiss is a touch deeper than Pink Mauve.  But other than that, they have almost the exact same opacity and texture. I'd call this a bonafide dupe!

If you love BB Pink Mauve, I think you should hunt down the limited edition NYC Berry Bloom collection (click here for pics of the display) and pick up Peony Kiss. For $2.99, it's  the perfect back-up if you ever run out of your beloved Pink Mauve, and if you can't afford Pink Mauve (but would like to try it) this is so close that I'd call it the perfect low-cost substitute.

Do you own either of these shades? Or both? If so, I'd love to hear how you like them!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I have a tip- if you're having trouble finding this collection at your local Rite Aid/drugstore check Ulta. I just noticed the other day that my Ulta still has a this collection- and the display was 100% full. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own either of these shades and definitely going for the NYC shade! Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous, and of course, I can't find them here.

    AffordableBeauty - thanks for the heads up - I was heading there this weekend, so I'm definitely checking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you for the Versatile Blogger Award! http://polishinsomniac.blogspot.com/2010/09/tags.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in LOVE with my Peony Kiss. <3 And this only makes it better! Thanks for the dupe alert!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this post! I am a Bobbi Brown fanatic but I don't love the prices. I tried to justify that they are "my everyday" colors so I do the cost-per-wear thing. But, I'm still looking for a good dupe of those everyday colors. I can't tell a difference!
    I saw these at the drugstore today. Need to go back and pick them up. Also, need to check out your plumping lip gloss review too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, that looks so pretty! I'll have to pick that one up next time I'm at Rite Aid because I'm liking the Rose Kiss one despite spotty reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, niiice!! Those are extremely close! I'll be looking for the NYC Berry Bloom; the color looks great for fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig