Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 3, 2010

The NYC Limited Edition Berry Bloom Collection is here! (plus more Halloween goodies)

If you caught my post a while back about this new limited edition collection from NYC, then you know that I've been super excited to see it in person! Well, the other day I was at Rite Aid and I spotted it! All I can say is that if you are a fan of berries, plums and pinks, you're going to LOVE this collection.

But before I show you the pics, I have a question for you. I was so dumbfounded when I saw this display that I didn't know what to buy (everything is just so pretty!). I have all of those wonderful NYC coupons that are in this month's All You Magazine (which, by the way, I HIGHLY recommend you pick up if you're planning on buying anything from this display--click here for all the details), so I can purchase three products from this display for review. BUT, I don't know what to get! So if you could leave a comment on this post and let me know what you'd like me to purchase, I will take the three products that receive the most votes and head back to Rite Aid and pick them up (and review/swatch them here, of course!).

(click images to enlarge, again to magnify)

NYC Limited Edition Berry Bloom Collection

From my original post, here are the details:
  • Rose lip gloss ($2.99): This product provides the coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss with lush berry lip shades embossed with a rose pattern. Available shades: Rose kiss and peony kiss.
  • Lippin' Large lip plumper ($3.99): This lip enhancer promises to provide noticeably, fuller, plumper lips instantly with the lip-enhancing effects of cinnamon and ginger. It also is infused with vitamin E to keep lips smooth and soft. Available shades: Pink Tu-Lip and Mulberry.
  • IndividualEyes custom compact ($4.99): This coordinated shadow collection is designed to intensify and enhance eye color with a berry-inspired palette. Each of the four shades can be worn alone or blended to create a multitude of looks for day or evening. It is enriched with vitamins A and E and green tea extract. The kit includes one primer to prevent eye color from fading; four textured shadows to highlight, contour and define eyes; one illuminator to add dramatic highlight to the brow bone; one double-ended applicator; and step-by-step instructions on how to create several looks. Available shade: Berry Bloom.
  • Eye Dust loose powder ($2.99): This blendable powder creates intense, smoky eyes. The concentrated, silky color glides on with a roller ball for a mess-free application. Use a small amount to create a subtle wash of color or more for an intense look. Available shades: Sparkling rose and wild orchid.
  • Cheek Glow blush ($2.99): This oil-free blush is formulated with natural oil-absorbing ingredients to help control shine without clogging pores. Calendula extract helps soften skin and allows it to breathe, while oat flower soothes skin and rice starch absorbs oil. Available shades: Rose and cherry blossom.
  • In A New York Minute quick dry nail polish ($1.99): Infused with a hint of shimmer to add depth and shine, this quick-dry nail enamel features a unique flat brush to produce the ultimate lacquer effect. Minerals like magnesium, iron, calcium and copper provider strengthening benefits, as the formula boosts shine and speeds drying time. Available shades: Peony and Mulberry Frost.


Aren't those lipglosses with the embossed rose design beautiful?? And I am loving that Mulberry Frost polish (it's hard to tell in this pic but it's a deep berry-wine shade with subtle gold shimmer). I also think the Eye Dusts are prettier in person (one is sort of a champagne-pink and the other is a warm plum). And of course that pretty pink blush is calling my name, as well as that Mulberry lipgloss. Gah! It's beautiful!

See, I need help! What would you like me to purchase for review? Please help me narrow it down. Thanks!

Oh, and I also spotted some more Halloween makeup displays with some fun items:

Fright Night Costume Parts Liquid Eyeliners

These liners are from a brand called Fright Night and the collection is Costume Parts. What drew me to these liners is the fact that there are glitter liners (far left), metallic liners (middle) and shimmery liners (right). I LOVE the neat ball-shaped bottle of the metallic liners. Have any of you tried this line before?

Also from Fright Night:

Fright Night Costume Parts Eyelashes

Sorry for the blurry picture, but look at these fun false eyelashes! There's peacock feathers, leopard spots and other neat designs. I'm really impressed with the creativity and variety of eyelashes at the drugstore this Halloween!

That's it for now, but once again, if there's anything in particular that you'd like me to review from the NYC collection, please please leave a comment and let me know!
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. pls review the rose blush...my toddlers played with my blushes so i'm in a blush buying mode...thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors of the NYC collection, hope my Walmart or Walgreens will have it. I don't celebrate Halloween but like to pick some fun stuff from different collections around that time, specially when Halloween & mot of it its on sale. Where did you found the Freight Night displays? I would like to try the glitter eyeliners. The falsies look cool but I don't how how to put them yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la lah, this a beautiful collection. Can't wait to get my mitts on those rose shaped glosses and the the blushes. Guess I'll be stalking the drugstores till I find them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see the eyeshadow and both nail polishes. Or the eye dust. It's hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see the eyeshadow (and possibly how it compares to the WnW Lust palatte), and the mulberry lip plumper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that new NYC collection - I hope I see it here sometime soon! Also, those liners for Halloween look great! Another thing to have a lookout for while I'm out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be interested in a review on the Mulberry lip plumper. I saw the display the other day and was really tempted but I decided to pass because I was so disappointed by the ultra-sheer, saccharine sweet Kiss glosses from N.Y.C.'s last collection. I was afraid the Lip Plumpers would taste gross and be unpigmented as well.

    I ended up getting the two nail polishes only.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see a review on the blush, either color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope they hurry up and get that Freight Night stuff out...I love all of it!

    Here's my vote: the Eyedust, champagne-pink one; Peony polish.

    I got the Berry Bloom compact and I just stare at it...it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the Rose lip gloss! So cute- I hope my Rite Aid gets it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please please get the Rose lip glosses (how did you know what kind of coverage they had if you haven't tried them, might I ask?), the loose eyeshadow and the blushes. Please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw it in the corner of my ULTA today, but I was on a deadline, so I didn't want to forfeit my place in line to see. :/

    I think the rose gloss will definitely be a favorite, though, and IDK if anyone has actually reviewed NYC's new eyeshadow sets...?

    ReplyDelete
  13. me: Thanks for your input! It seems that a lot of people are curious about the blush, which means I'll definitely pick one up. :)

    Roxanne: The Freight Night displays were at Rite Aid (same store as the NYC display). :)

    Mocha Mish Mash: Girlie, these colors are SO you! I knew you'd love 'em. haha :)

    Michelle: See, now you know what I was going through! Haha! I think I'll definitely get a polish and a shadow though, so thanks. :D

    Leah: Thanks so much for letting me know what you'd be interested in seeing! :)

    ShakeupYourMakeup: OMG, I actually thought of you when I saw those liners! I know you could do WONDERS with those babies! haha! Hope you find them soon. :)

    Mimsy: OMG, you just scared me right out of trying those lip plumpers! Hahaha! Seriously, I might not get them now after being so let down by that gloss from the last collection. How do you like the polishes? :)

    oldfashioned: Ask and you shall receive. :)

    Kimberly: Thanks, hun! So have you used the e/s palette yet? I'd love to know what you think of it!

    b5ley: Thanks! And yeah, I bet your Rite Aid will put this display out any minute now. Rite Aid is SO good about putting out the NYC stuff! :)

    SH: Oh! I see how you could have been confused by that! The descriptions in this post are not my words. I cut and pasted them from my original post, which was just a press release written by NYC. So in other words, those are THEIR descriptions, not mine. I just assumed everyone probably read my original post where I mentioned that this collection was going to be releasing soon. Here's the link to that post (it will probably make a lot more sense after you see it!):

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/08/breaking-news-new-nyc-glosses-polishes.html

    Clementine: Oooh! I got your email and THANK YOU for the heads-up! That is very, very exciting! :D And regarding the new NYC eyeshadow palettes, I actually reviewed those for WeHeartThis. You can check out my review here:

    http://weheartthis.com/2010/05/20/the-latest-from-n-y-c-new-york-color/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i already got some of these items..awesome quality..NYC is def upping its game!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say blush (any) and eye dust (any). No nail polish, because I have 5 of their polishes, and they allll stink =(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sophia: Ooooh, that's great to know! Thanks sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the lip plumper.who doesn't want to have luscious lips ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm curious about the roller ball eye shadow! I'd love to see a review/tutorial on the champagne-pink shade. I would also love a review of those metallic eyeliners.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so curious about the berry color eye dust. Wouldn't that give a look like you've been crying or have a cold? I try to get rid of any hint of red around the eyes. How can that be worn so that you look attractive and healthy? I really like it when you put on a product to demonstrate how it looks once it is on. So, could you show us how you look in one of those wild false-eyelashes? Thanks, my beauty queen. I love your site!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely the rose lip gloss and the eyeshadow palette :) But the rose lip gloss in the first place

    ReplyDelete
  21. The rose lip gloss, eyeshadow, and eye dust! :)

    And what is up with that name "Freight night"??????

    ReplyDelete
  22. Why can't they have a BOGO free sale on NYC, then you could try one of everything for us! My picks are they e/s palette, the rose gloss, and the roller ball dust e/s... but I also wouldn't mind reviews on the other three! GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  23. get the rose lip gloss! claims "This product provides the coverage of a lipstick with the shine of a gloss" and i wanna know if this is true, and the staying power

    and for the halloween stuff, Nov 1 all the left over liners and lashes will be on a deeep discount! i cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you ladies SO much for taking the time to cast your votes! I'm headed out to Rite Aid today to pick up my goodies based on your feedback. :D

    Jenny: OMG, thank you SO much for pointing out my spelling error! It's actually "Fright Night" not "Freight Night"! Duh! So yeah, "Fright Night" makes a WHOLE lot more sense for a Halloween-themed collection now, right? :)

    Donna: Hahaha! You're crackin' me up over here. I wish these were BOGO too, believe me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. If only those little flowery lip shades were actually blush, I would be even more thrilled. When I saw the display, I was kind of hoping for more blush cream sticks, but it still looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would like to see you review...
    1) Lippin' Large Lip Plumper in Mulberry
    2) Individual Eye Custom Compact
    3) Cheek Glow Blush in Cherry Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  27. G,

    Darn it, guess I'll have someone else to be my Lippin' Large guinea pig ;)

    I haven't gotten a chance to use the nail polishes yet but I noticed that in the bottles the fuchsia/magenta shade from this collection looks kind of like Magenta Flash from NYC's Shock Value collection, but a bit less pink.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig