Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 9, 2010

Guess who else has entered the beauty game?

 Over the past year, I've given you the heads-up about various non-beauty retailers that have (or plan to) enter the world of beauty by offering beauty-related products to their customers. A few that immediately come to mind are Payless Shoe Source, Forever21, GNC (who now has their own house brand of skincare products for just $1.99 each, btw), and Sears.

It was announced today (on happi.com) that there is one more retailer throwing its hat into the ring of beauty: Zappos.com!  Let me clarify: Zappos.com already sells beauty products (Stila, Pur Minerals, Ahava, Coty fragrances, etc.).  But they have major plans to beef up their beauty department by adding two to four new beauty brands PER MONTH, with a five-year plan that will ultimately include brands like MAC, Bobbi Brown, Dior and Chanel. (Click here to see what brands Zappos.com already offers consumers.)

So tell me, does the prospect of ordering cute shoes and MAC Cosmetics all in the same shopping cart sound attractive to you? From what I can tell, Zappos.com doesn't seem to be offering any discounts on their beauty products (the price points seem about the same Sephora, etc.) so, to me, the attraction is  convenience. 

If you're already a Zappos.com shopper, would the addition of these new beauty brands tempt you to put a lipstick in your shopping cart along with your new summer sandals?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Since zappos supposedly has great customer service, I would be inclined to order from them (never ordered shoes due to the pricepoint).

    Thank you for the heads up, you're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-Ezzy: You are so welcome! And I agree--the pricepoints at Zappos are a bit above my budget so I've only ordered there once or twice, but they do have excellent CS, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's good to know some businesses are going well! That's great that I can buy products there without being bothered by the makeup artists at the counter; they always get me to buy so much crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't Zappos always offer free shipping as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. PCS: Great point. Sometimes the SAs at different counters pressure me into buying more, and that's one of the reasons I like to buy online as well. :)

    Hannah: OMG!! I completely forgot about that!! WOW, that is such a great point! Thanks so much for reminding me--that is a DEFINITE reason to consider purchasing makeup from Zappos. WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig