Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hard Candy products at Wal-Mart, GNC makeup...what's going on here?

This just in:

(from Happi.com)

Hard Candy is headed for the masses. The one-time department store brand is set to debut in Wal-Mart stores. The relaunch will include new packaging, new formulas and several new products.

In other crazy news (also from Happi.com), GNC is going to be entering the beauty industry:

IMG Licensing, a division of global sports and entertainment company, has been selected as the exclusive, global brand licensor and merchandiser for General Nutrition Centers, Inc, the world’s largest specialty retailer of nutritional products.

The partners expect to bring to market a robust line of branded consumer products including food beverage items, fitness wellness equipment, apparel, health and beauty products and fitness accessories. This will be the first time in 75 years that GNC has pursued licensed relationships to expand it brand outside of its massive network of franchised store operations.



Well ladies, this would explain why Hard Candy had that big 75% off store-wide sale on their website a few months ago. I'm very curious to see what their products will look like at Wal-Mart (will their nail polishes still have those cute rings around the bottles?) and what the quality will be like when they enter the mass-retail world.

As for beauty products at GNC? Well given that there's a GNC in every strip mall these days, we sure won't have any difficulties finding them. So I hope they're good!

Thoughts about these two recent developments?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I cant wait to see what they come out with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trisha! I know, me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rings on the nail polishes are iconic! I remember how happy I was the first time I was able to buy a few of those (probably over 10 years ago) and how stoked I was! Now I want em' just cause they're so damn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber! OMG, was it really 10 years ago? Wow, how time flies. But that seems about right--I remember buying a lime green creme polish and I was SO stoked! Geeze, I wonder what happened to that polish? Hum. Anyway, it's no surprise at all that we have the same experience with HC products. At this point I'd be surprised if we DIDN'T have the same exact experience! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! great news! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig