Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breaking News: Sears to increase its beauty department...in a HUGE way!

If you are in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York, hold on to your hats because this is huge, huge, huge!!

From happi.com:

Beauty and fashion divas will now be able to complete their look, and their total shopping experience, by purchasing their favorite beauty, fragrance, health and wellness products while shopping at Sears. This month, the retailer announced it will debut beauty departments in 13 select retail mall locations in Chicago, Los Angeles and New York.

Sears Beauty is designed to offer customer-focused environments that are fun, easy to shop and allow for product testing and consumer education. Sears will be the only mall-based department store to exclusively offer an assortment of mass, specialty and prestige beauty brands.

Under the guidance of brand-trained consultative associates, Sears Beauty will offer an assortment of cosmetics, skin care, bath and body, natural and fragrance products to help consumers achieve their ideal beauty results. Customers will have the opportunity to purchase beauty products from brands such as L'Oreal, Maybelline, CoverGirl, Calvin Klein as well as many others. Sears is also the exclusive U.S. retail partner for Yves Rocher, botanical products from France.

"Sears Beauty is dedicated to providing a whole new way of accessing beauty products in a personalized and approachable way," says Andrea Goldner, divisional merchandise manager, Sears Beauty. "Our goal is to help customers obtain a mix of beauty products, both in store and online, that meet their individual needs and complete their head-to-toe look."


Um, wow wow wow! I have never seen Yves Rocher products in stores before so I cannot tell you how excited I will be if they plan to expand these new beauty departments into every Sears store across the nation!

How do you feel about this news? If you're in a city where this will be available, do you plan to check out the new Sears beauty department?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. So what has Sears been so far without the beauty dept (I didn't know)? Sears here always has a cosmetics section, all big brands and stuff. Yves Rocher has stores in Canada, even has little spas attached to the stores to serve their customers. I saw that in Toronto :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this should be a great move for Sears...I haven't shopped at a Sears for anything in a couple of years

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that is good news, I hardly go to Sears, but I guess that's one extra stop at the mall. Hopefully they will have good sales like BOGO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's pretty cool! I might start shopping at Sears again. Beauty products definitely draw me in. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not even in a country where this will be available. So am just plain jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like they are going to be competing with JCP now. lol

    I'll be excited if it comes to my mall. Our Sears is kind of blah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've even been inside of a Sears in over 10 years-- any that are even left in my area of LA are just SAD!!! I hope that in some way, a strong cosmetics focus can breathe some life back into the struggling retailer and will urge them to seek out other merchandise which would entice me to shop there again ;) There are many retailers struggling to stay afloat right now or that have closed their doors-- let's hope a little beauty brings some new-found stability and perhaps will create some new jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exciting! My closest mall has a Sears, but no Sephora or Ulta. More retailers providing an extensive selection of cosmetics are Gr-8.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it that nothing like that ever happens to stores in San Diego? I love having street scene, comic con, and sephora stores in JCP, but we're still in lack of anything major. Like runway shows.

    Just putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And by the way, ladies. Here's a coupon for a lip item freebie from Bath and Body Works-- with any purchase this weekend.

    http://f.chtah.com/i/34/528207786/20090828_coupon_1196.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is a big move for Sears! Definitely going to have to check it out sometime when I'm in LA. Maybe they'll broaden and bring this to all Sears eventually? That would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very exciting!!!!! There are two fairly large Sears stores in my area....maybe in the future they'll branch out? I hope so!!! Because I admit it's been a good number of years since I've stepped inside one of those stores. I remember back in the day when Sears used to sell cosmetics, no "big" name brands or anything, I do have fond memories of Fetish Cosmetics at Sears :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is excited at this prospect. I think it's a bold, yet smart move by Sears. Like a lot of you, I haven't been in a Sears in a good long while. But I remember that in addition to some house brands, their beauty department was quite lacking. Perhaps they'll be like the Ulta to JC Penneys' Sephora! :)

    PS: Shela! I try not to complain about San Diego's lack of retail stores and events because, in comparison to other cities, we do have some little goldmines here--you just have to dig for them. But I do know what you mean--compared to NYC and LA we're definitely small time. lol. And thanks so much for sharing that BBW lip product coupon with us. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and Halifax! Just remember when you get sad about some of these US products that you can't get in Canada that you have Yves Rocher and Fruits & Passion! I am so jealous that you can walk into those stores and sniff all their wonderful perfumes and bath and body products in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is nice news but i bet they'll forget about houston, tx. last time i was in sears was to buy a metal grinder. random: i'm still bummed that Jane cosmetics filed chapter 11 (last i heard). no wonder walgreens no longer carries them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd go if I could figure out which locations in L.A. are going to offer this!

    BTW, I was in a J.C. Penney's in Torrance (while looking for a restroom) and discovered a Sephora inside!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lol, yes I remember you mentioned Fruit & Passion. I still need to explore their stuff, as I haven't bought anything there so far :-) I have no idea that Sears in the US don't have the beauty dept :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anon! I wouldn't give up just yet--it sounds like they're putting a lot of effort towards these new beauty depts so hopefully they'll be a big hit and they'll expend them in the coming year. Fingers crossed!

    Hey Kathleen! I am trying to figure out which locations in LA will have these as well. As soon as I hear, I'll let you know! Also, congrats on finding that Sephora! It's wonderful, isn't it? Granted they don't have as extensive a selection as a "real" Sephora but it's great to have it right there in store! Did you buy anything? :)

    Hey Halifax! You've got to let me know what you think of F&P once you visit a store. I'd loooove to know your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig