Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sinful Colors...makeup brushes?!?

Am I totally late to this party or what? I'm thinking most of you are like me and know Sinful Colors for their affordable and awesome nail polishes (available for just $1.99 at Walgreens, Rite Aid, Meijer, Ulta, Kmart and various beauty supply stores around the nation). But did you know that Sinful Colors also makes makeup brushes, and that they're just as affordable as their polishes?

I didn't even know about their line of brushes until I stumbled across this display at a local beauty supply the other day:


But not to worry, because if you can't find Sinful Colors brushes in your town, you can also find them right on Cherry Culture (click here to see) and on the Sinful Colors website. I know that a lot of you already shop at Cherry Culture for your drugstore and inexpensive beauty products, and that Cherry Culture always runs fabulous sales and promotions, so next time you're looking for something to add to your shopping cart, remember these gems!

I purchased the Big Shading Brush at my local beauty supply, and it cost me $3.99:



I purchased this brush with the intent to use it as a blush brush, and I am so glad I took a chance on it! The head of the brush is ideal for blush because it perfectly fits the apples of the cheeks (don't you hate it when you buy a blush brush and it's just far too big and deposits color all the way down toward your upper lip?).


This brush is soft, soft, soft, and very sturdy. I've been using it for several days now, and I haven't seen even one stray bristle. Also, it does an excellent job at picking up powder blush and depositing it evenly onto your skin. Color me impressed!

I want to show you a pic of the Big Shading Brush next to a bottle of Sinful Colors polish, just so you can get some perspective of the size:


As you can see, the head of this brush is not big--for me it's absolutely perfect!

I am extremely impressed with the quality of this Sinful Colors product and I was really excited to share this find with you!

Let me know if you've tried any Sinful Colors brushes and how they perform for you. I know there must be some other gems in this collection!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I see you've started to watermark your images! Good for you, yay! It's such a bummer other people plagarize :-/

    I'm on the hunt for a good stippling brush for my foundation, does Sinful Colors have one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen their brushes at Cherry Culture, but never in a store. What a great find! That brush looks perfect for not getting blush everywhere (which I admittedly do quite a bit.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "don't you hate it when you buy a blush brush and it's just far too big and deposits color all the down toward your upper lip?" -- this comment is too funny! I totally know what you mean! I end up using those "blush" brushes as face/powder brushes instead, but I have 3 blush-turned-face powder brushes now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I didn't know they made makeup brushes too! I love their nail polishes..as a matter of fact I have the same you have in the picture there :) Thanks for the heads up on the brushes doll!

    p.s. I have a little something for you at my page..so please stop by when you get a minute =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse my French, but HELL YES!! I'm so excited. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I had no idea. Hmm. If theyre cheap, I'll check them out. I suspect they will be though, because its sinful colors?
    Oh yeah, I got my One Bath + Body lip balm from that survey! I love it, I blogged about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I wonder if they will bring those brushes here. I admit I'm a brush addict...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh u made me excited b/c I thought it will be available in store. Yes when I found out about Cherry Culture, I been wandering around the site going crazy of about that I want to buy hahaha. But never make any purchased on there. I saw Sinful brushes but thought to myself a bit expensive since u have shipping. I have to wait to see if I can find more items to buy. Anyways, I still think elf is better eversince it at Target. I wish they add more items. I really want to get some items available online but in store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy: Yep, I started it with my NYC post, and even though it's a hassle, it feels good to know I'm "marked" my property. :) Oh, and from what I can tell (by looking at the Sinful Colors website), they don't have a stippling brush. :(

    PCS: Glad you understand what I was trying to explain about some of those monster blush brushes! lol. And next time you order from CC, you might want to pick one of these up--I am seriously in love with this brush! :)

    libbeh: LOL! I am so glad you feel my pain about those big blush brushes! I think I have two or three myself that are now used exclusively for face powder. :(

    Miss Go Lightly: You are so welcome! I would love to know what you think if you try one--the quality is surprisingly amazing! And yes, that color Glass Pink (I think that's the name) is so pretty, isn't it? And thank you for the little surprise! I will check it out ASAP! xo

    Susie: LOL!! I am so glad you're happy about this! :D And of course please keep me posted if you buy any of these brushes. I'm hoping you'll love 'em as much as I do. This brush is rocking my world! :)

    adorepink: Yay! So glad you like your lip balm--I will check out your post! And yes, these brushes are surprisingly great and inexpensive. Definitely worth a shot! :)

    Beda: Does Cherry Culture ship to PR? If so, you've got to try one of these babies! And of course give us one of your amazing reviews. :) xo

    ngocupham: Well if you end up finally ordering from Cherry Culture, definitely consider putting one of these brushes in your cart. This blending brush is amazing and I swear I love it more and more every time I use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love good quality, good priced brushes :)

    I have a question. Seems like everyone is having trouble with people stealing their pictures. How do you put your name on the picture? Is it just through paint, I want to do that to mine so I don't run into that problem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I've seen these on CC, I'm not sure if I want to try them though lol.

    What nail polish color was that you used for reference?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kate: So far, this brush fits the bill! And try this site for your watermarks--it's super easy to use. :)

    http://www.watermarktool.com/

    Marie: The color in this post is Glass Pink. Sooo pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig