Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 23, 2009

Review: Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Fresh Glow Baked Mineral Blush

Wow, the name of this product is a mouthful but I seriously don't care what it's called because it's aaaaah-maaaze-ing!

It's no secret that I am in love with a lot of Prestige products. For the price, I am just not finding much better at the drugstore these days when it comes to mascara, cheek tints, powder foundation, eyeliner and, now, powder blush. Search this blog for "Prestige" and you'll see what I mean.

So when I saw this display for the new Skin Loving Minerals collection, I was struck by the beauty of the shade "Natural".


You can click on this image to super-size the pic, and you'll see that "Natural" is the shade on the far right (bottom row). The first shade of blush is very light peaches, the second is pinks and "Natural" is a swirl of peaches, pinks and browns.

From experience I know that even though I was first drawn to the peach shade, it is very light and would probably not show up on skin that well. I'm glad I purchased "Natural" because I didn't let the brown swirls scare me off and it totally paid off.



Even though I don't currently own NARS Orgasm, I've owned several in the past and the look of Orgasm on my skin is indelibly etched into my memory. So you're going to have to trust me when I say that this Prestige blush in "Natural" is a fantastic dupe of NARS Orgasm. It's got the same level of shimmer and it gives my skin that dewy, shimmery, make-all-your-flaws-go-away-and-make-you-look-glowy effect that NARS Orgasm gives you. The browns in this shade help to warm up the color but don't deposit streaks of brown onto your skin. It's lighter in color (as is NARS Orgasm) but I would say that darker-toned girls who might not be able to use this as blush can definitely use this as a wonderful highlighter and it would look GORGEOUS used that way on darker skin.

Since I am a MAC NC20, this shows up on my skin but it's not so deeply pigmented that it screams at you. You can slather this on with your blush brush and you can even be a little careless about it and it still looks gorgeous. It goes on very smoothly and deposits such a lovely, shimmery glow to the skin--I cannot believe this is a drugstore product, to be perfectly honest with you. It feels and looks like something you'd buy from Guerlain and pay $65 for, not $7.95. Stunning in the only word that fits.

Staying power? Forgetaboutit. This lasts all darn day. And I've found that if I'm looking particularly pale, I can apply a more pigmented, matte blush on the apples of my cheeks first, and then swipe this on top and I am good to go until bedtime. Also, I've been using this as a highlighter as well on my forehead, temples, and even on my eyes for a quick out-the-door-in-two-minutes look and I love love love it. I can slap on some mascara and a peachy gloss, swipe this on my eyes, cheeks and forehead and I'm out the door in two minutes without looking like a pale zombie.

The retail price of this blush is $7.95 at Rite-Aid and, I don't often utter this phrase but here it goes: It's worth every damn penny.

Cool-toned girls, I suggest you take a look at the pink blush. Fair-skinned beauties, check out that light peach shade. For the rest of us, "Natural" is the way to go. And for my darker-toned ladies, you probably won't be able to wear these as blush, but if you want a stunning highlighter, do give "Natural" a whirl. I don't think you'll be disappointed one bit with how it performs as a highlighter.

Do you already own one of these wonderful blushes? Do you plan to buy one? Let me know your thoughts!

Oh and here's an extra pic of what it looks like on. I tried my best to capture the shimmer but it was impossible. Also, don't mind my gigantic pores--eek! But you get the idea:

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Dammit. Why did you make me want to buy stuff again this morning?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! It's all part of my evil plan, my sweet! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so want to try this blush now
    i'm a new follower :)
    lovin yur blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Manju! Thank you so much for following my blog! I'm so happy that you're enjoying it. Yay! Also, I think you might really like this blush--if you get it please let me know your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rai--what do you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have this blush in terra rosa, and i love it too! i just bought it like, an hour ago, but obviously i had to try it on and i'm loving it so far. i'm indian, so i have a much darker complexion, and i was tired of having to get very dark, plum types of shades in blush. this is the first peachy blush that doesn't look odd on brown skin, and it gives such a lovely glow! :) in love.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig