Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Reader Review: Rimmel Limited Edition Extra Pop Lash Mascara in Pop Purple

About a month ago I first showed you this photo of the new Rimmel Limited Edition Extra Pop Lash Mascara Collection, which was spotted at Kmart. I think that many people may have missed that post, since I have received a ton of photo submissions of this display in the past several weeks. I also take this to mean that this display is now popping up at Walgreens stores all over the country, since most readers have told me that they've spotted it at Walgreens. So if your'e looking for this one, check Kmart and/or Walgreens!

Last week, reader Danielle E. was nice enough to share her thoughts about the purple shade in this collection (as well as some photos of her wearing it). Take a look:

image credit: Danielle E. for Nouveau Cheap
Rimmel Limited Edition Extra Pop Lash Mascara Collection
(retail: $3.99 each at Walgreens)

To refresh your memory, here's what the display looks like. There are four shades of limited edition mascara in this collection:

image credit: Danielle E. for Nouveau Cheap 
Pop Green, Pop Turquoise

 image credit: Danielle E. for Nouveau Cheap
Pop Purple, Pop Black

image credit: Danielle E. for Nouveau Cheap
A closer look at the wand
Danielle E. writes: 
I picked up the purple shade and I'm loving it. It's a very bright vibrant purple shade - not a plum by any means (it leans blue, and although the color looks blue in the pic I sent, it's much purpler in real life). 
I really liked the wand too. The skinny brush really helps you get to the base of the lashes and wiggle the color through until its coated your lashes. It's got a tapered tip so you can really get in the inner corners. Overall this was a great buy and I highly recommend them!!
 image credit: Danielle E. for Nouveau Cheap
Danielle E. wearing Pop Purple

Wow. This is a far cry from the Maybelline colored mascara I reviewed, right? Granted, I reviewed the berry shade, but I could barely see any color in that one and it ended up looking like brown mascara on my lashes. This Rimmel mascara has some crazy pigmentation!

Do you own any of the Rimmel Extra Pop Lash Mascaras? I'd love to know what you think of them.

Thanks so much, Danielle E., for the wonderful photos and insights. I truly appreciate it!
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Oh god, now I want the colored mascaras. Danielle looks like she has a lot longer lashes than I do, but I'm impressed nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great in the purple. I have not used Rimmel mascars before and I love this brush too. The purple on me is barely noticeably, but the blue one worked really for me. I also picked up the green, but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have dark or light lashes? I'm loving this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! Danielle here :) I have pretty dark, black lashes. I am wearing the purple here with no primer underneath. The purple is very noticeable and vibrant on my lashes - even from afar! I'm sure it would look even more vibrant and beautiful with a white lash primer underneath.

      Delete
    2. Sweet! I picked it up today after seeing this post. I have darker lashes and was really dissapointed by the Maybelline ones so I'm excited to give this a try!

      Delete
  4. Holy crap! That is so pigmented! I'm not too sure how I feel about colored lashes full on, but I saw Melmphs on youtube apply these just on her lower lashline and I thought it was really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very pleased with this review as I tried the Fantasy Makers purple mascara(should have grabbed pink)and was greatly disappointed. No pigmentation at all even with a white primer coat.

    I snapped up the blue and green at my Kmart and when I tried them, I HAD to rush back to get backups of these. The green was out, so I snatched another blue and a purple.

    They are amazing; not a very build-able or dramatic mascara in terms of making your lashes longer or go 'oomph,' but certainly in the pigmentation. The green is so bright and gives my pale blue eyes a lovely pop! Without eyeshadow, they give enough color without being overly bright or obvious-it doesn't look like costume makeup and works for everyday.

    Definitely urge everyone to try at least one color-they are great for the price and quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, pretty! Danielle has lovely lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I should've picked up the purple! I just posted a review of the turquoise on my blog which was nice but not as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Pop Tourquoise and used it on top of my black mascara as more of an accent. It applied well over my already dry mascara there was alot of product on the brush so becareful to do a little wipe first or you may get clumps. The blue really really showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would rock that purple! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to blue and the purple and they are both crazy pigmented. They wear well without smudging on the lower lashes as well. A great colored mascara if you're in the market and inexpensive to boot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that purple is so pigmented! I'm liking the look of the brush too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I own the maybelline hot pink great lash mascara and that has great pigmentation on my black eyelashes :). perhaps the cranberry shade is the issue :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the blue and the purple and I love them! They make me look like I have fairy lashes. I wore the purple one to my brother's birthday party, and all the ladies went crazy over it. The gentlemen didn't even notice. Figures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I picked up the turquoise just because I haven't seen turquoise mascara in ages and love it. I had to apply a few coats, which is normal for me, but the color really shows up. I think I'm going to get the purple and the green, too, for the fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoah! That's really good! I'm guessing the formula's a little dry (which I like) that makes the lashes look like that...Gimme!

    xx,
    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Her lashes are so lovely! I bought the purple, but I didn't notice much. Maybe it's time for me to invest in some lash primer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have the blue and dark lashes. The rimmel is amazing. Its works much better than the maybelline teal and purple color. I can tell a slight tint of color with the maybelline, but the rimmel is bright and really show up with or without primer and it last all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have all three colored ones and I have applied them with a primer/without/over top mascara and I'd have to say they were pigmented on all the different applications- I personally still would prob use these over top my regular mascara to give me more volume and length but overall I really really like them!, the green is prob the least one I'd wear since its not a color I would typically reach for also they look nice for used only on the bottom lashes too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looks awesome! Im going to have to pick one up because most colored mascaras, I find aren't very pigmented. This is a rare find! and, its drugstore so I don't have to spend a lot on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have blonde lashes and the purple shows up only slightly...worth the 3.99

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got Pop Purple today at BigLots for $2.20 and I have to say, I'm not pleased with my purchase. It is sheer and chunky, and when compared to plain eyelashes, neither me nor my sister could tell the difference. Boo! I was really hoping it would be good- the streamlined container is adorable- but I guess this is going back to BigLots.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig