Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Spotted: NEW Rimmel Limited Edition Extra Pop Lash Colored Mascara Collection

Over the past few days, I've received several "Have you heard about the new Rimmel colored mascaras?" types of questions here and on social media and I've been looking all over for them, to no avail! But today I finally have a pic of the display to share with you, all thanks to reader Ally. Ally spotted this display at her local Harmon Beauty, so I suspect that if your Bed Bath and Beyond store has a Harmon/extended beauty department, you'll probably find it there soon (if you haven't already spotted it):

image credit: Ally for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Rimmel Limited Edition Extra Pop Lash Colored Mascara Collection
(retail: $2.79 each at Harmon)

Keep reading for more info...

The other day on the You Tell Me page, reader Liza shared this comment:
Liza Corridor writes: 
Happened upon a "limited edition" Rimmel colored mascara display at Kmart over the weekend. They were called "Extra Pop Lash" and came in green, purple, teal, and black. BIG downside: NO outer packaging and NO safety seals! Seriously? On mascara??? But the display appeared completely untouched and when I unscrewed the tops, there was no evidence that they had been previously opened so I took my chances and picked up the green and purple. The green is a SUPER intense and bright lime and, IMO, completely unwearable. It does nothing to bring out the green in my hazel eyes (overpowers it, really) and just looks weird. The purple on the other hand is awesome! The color intensity is definitely there, but because it's a darker shade, it doesn't look strange. I'm wearing it right now on my lower lashes and it's perfect for that. Seems to bring out the green a bit too. 

Soooo...unlike the Maybelline limited edition Great Lash colored mascaras (of which the berry color didn't work for me), these seem like bright, intense--and visible--colors. But what a bummer about the lack of safety seals!

Also, on that same comment, reader Annette said that there's a new limited edition purple mascara from Essence showing up at Fred Meyer right now for $4. Who will be the next brand to release colored mascaras? We already had some from Wet n Wild a while back--remember these?

Thanks so much, Ally, for providing a pic of this display for us--I was dying to know what these looked like! And thanks to Liza for the great details about the shades she purchased (and thanks to Annette for the heads-up about the Essence mascara too!).
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I saw these at Fred Meyer in Kirkland, WA about a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw this display today at Kmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to try colored mascara but what do you guys think would work with blue eyes? Maybe purple?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found colored mascara for way cheap at Sally a week or two ago, right on the checkout counter impulse buy display. It also included a red/berry type shade, btw, as well as the more common green/blue/purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked a SA about these colored mascaras last weekend, but it turns out they were a special product that was only available in July. This monthly product sold out, and now the monthly product is a Sally Girl matte topcoat, from what I undertstand.

      Delete
  5. Ooooo I might pick up the purple since it sounds like just enough color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I found colored mascara for super cheap right on the checkout counter at Sally a week or two ago -- included a red/berry type shade as well as the more common green, blue, and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lack of safety seals bug me about a lot of products, but seriously- on a mascara?!? That's a hot mess just waiting to happen. I probably would have purchased these as I generally love Rimmel's stuff, but if they're not sealed then I'm not buying. :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. No seal. No buy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a dumb question: why would they make a black one?!? Wouldn't ya just use the regular black?

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no way I'm buying these with no safety seal!!!!!!! I have seen people do a manicure in store so what makes you think they won't do a quick swipe of mascara? Heck no.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has someone examined the whole tube? Sometimes Rimmel puts a small seal on the back and you can tell that way if they have been opened. I just bought 3 Rimmel lip glosses and each of them had a small seal on the back and I could tell the cap had not been disturbed. I would suggest if any one is truly interested in these to stop and take a close look and the entire tube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, there is definitely no seal of any kind. It *would* be impossible to pull the wand all the way out and reinsert it without any mascara getting around the top, though. So you can unscrew the cap and pull it out just a little to sort of check for that.

      Delete
  12. Ugh, no safety seals?! Rimmel does a pretty poor job with seals. It's a wonder how that's even legal. Great post, though! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw colored mascara at Sally's for 99 cents. They only had one tube of red left and I didn't pick it up but it was a new display and not on clearance. Just an idea since I don't think you would use a colorful mascara everyday!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig