Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, April 21, 2012

Important update regarding the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale

I want to thank everyone who commented on my original post about this round of the CVS Beauty Clearance Sale. Because of your informative comments, I'm able share some valuable info with you.

What I'm gathering from your feedback is this:

Beauty products are being discontinued (as is the case this time of year), and you will find "Last Chance" type stickers on these products. HOWEVER, these stickers seem to be more of a heads-up that the products are going away, rather conveying a reduced price. In other words, the clearance stickers mean it's your last chance to purchase these items, but they're NOT on sale for 50-75% off.

I don't know if this means that eventually the discontinued products will receive a price cut, or if they never will. Perhaps only time will tell. But for NOW, it appears that the retail price on the clearance items at CVS is the same as the regular retail price.

On the upside, I've also received many reports that various products are on clearance at both Walgreens and Rite Aid right now, and that the products there ARE being sold at clearance prices (either 50% off or 75% off). So check those stores this weekend for some good bargains (and see the You Tell Me for more info).

Thanks so much to everyone for setting the record straight on the CVS sale.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Does anyone know if the Essie Lux Effects are on sale at Rite Aid or Walgreens? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe several readers have commented that this collection is on clearance for $4 each at Walgreens right now. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Wow that's amazing. I thought they were still considered new products.

      Delete
  2. I asked the sales woman at CVS about the "clearance" stickers yesterday. She said that at a certain point the non-sold products will be discounted, and the longer they are around the more discounted they will become (so a full price product will get a "Clearance - Last Chance" sticker, then after awhile it will be discounted, then if it isn't sold after a certain period of time it will get a bigger discount and so on. She didn't know the exact timeline for it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this comment is posted twice I apologize....

    I spoke with a sales rep at CVS yesterday. She said that the items will eventually be discounted. After a certain amount of time at full price the items will be discounted, then after another period the remainders will get bigger discounts until they are all sold. She didn't know the timeline or discount amounts however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thank you so much for the info! That's great to know. Hopefully it will be sooner, rather than later! :)

      Delete
  4. My first post! I also went to CVS looking for clearance items. I checked at the kiosk and no none of them had a discounted price. When I asked the sales clerk about this she had no idea so she was kind enough to refer me to the store manager.
    He was the nicest store manager ever. He told me to show him all the products I checked. I told him that I didn't want to bother him but he said he didn't mind.

    Long story short, he told me that these particular stickers mean that they are being discontinued as you said, not discounted at this moment. BUT, he also said that items were being clearanced and reduced in pricing on MONDAY. I asked him if this includes the beauty section and he said yes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took a couple bottles of Essie, from the Navigate Her collection, and they all had the "Last Chance-Clearance" tags on them. None of them were on sale. C'mon CVS! If something isn't on clearance, don't mark them all as being on clearance! So annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there G...I read your review on the Covergirl Oil Control Pressed Powder...you pair it with the Covergirl/Olay foundation. Well I went the other day to pick them both up to try and the powder had a last chance sticker and a sale price of $6.00 reg $7.99. I really like it!! I'll be sad if it's being discontinued. Which is what you're saying is happening with this sale right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's not though!! lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig