Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 14, 2014

Spotted: L.A. Girl Feather Frenzy Collection

Many thanks to my pal Emi at Project Swatch for this one. Emi spotted the new L.A. Girl Feather Frenzy Collection at Rite Aid this week and was nice enough to share a pic:

image credit: Project-Swatch for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L.A. Girl Feather Frenzy Collection

For official info about this collection check out the L.A. Girl website here (they retail for $5 each on the L.A. Girl website but I'm guessing they're about $3.99 each at Rite Aid).  Also, Breezythenailpolishlover has some great swatches of the entire collection on her blog here.

Are you still a fan of feather (aka tiny, multi-colored bar glitter in a clear base) polishes? I sort of feel like this fad has run its course, since every time I post about them I seem to hear less and less "oohs" and "aaaahs" from you. But then again, there was a lot of excitement about the Revlon feather polishes in the Leather & Tweed Collection, so maybe it's just me! I think the last feather polishes I purchased were a couple of the China Glaze feather polishes and I never even swatched them here on the blog. Hum...I guess I'm more "over" them than I thought! How about you?

Thanks for the great sighting and pic, Emi!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Ahhh! I must have that pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'ts something to look at in the store but not to buy.

    Bar glitter is not my thing... I think hex, square and round are much prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have tried them, mostly because I don't much care for bar glitter. However, I think i probably ought to pick out one thing to try before this fad goes away entirely - any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been a big fan of bar glitter. If it's too dense it looks messy to me, but too sparse and it looks unfinished. Plus I hate when bar glitter hangs off the edge off the edge of your nail. I can deal with it if it's in a mix with other glitter (I LOVE Hard Candy's Black Tie Optional) but not a fan of it on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am over this trend. When I clicked on this post, my first thought was that this collection is a little too late because I feel the feather ship has already sailed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like bar glitter. The only one I ever seen I thought looked good was the LA girl one - called Black Explosion (I think?) from quite a while ago. Was holographic bars in a black jelly base.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried the feathered nail polish that I bought, but I definitely need to - especially if the trend is dying down! I feel so behind!!! These colors look really nice, though. I'll have to try out my other feathered polish to see how I like them before buying any of these, though.

    Thanks for the great info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're pretty but I just have one of those Sally Hansen Fuzzy Coats and while I like it, I don't like it enough to want to buy more. The bar glitters look cool, but they never lie totally flat and I start picking at them. Not good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this trend yet, since it never interested me, but the swatches are GORGEOUS, and I'm falling hard for the bird-inspired names. I think I'll get Oriole, Parrot and Crane! Thanks, G!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Sally hansen ones...they have nice full coverage. I don't love it as a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not interested in anything other than smooth nails. I didn't get even one bottle of crackles when they were all the rage. I don't have any sand/sugar/whatevers either. And nope, no feather. I do have some splatters with bar glitter but haven't tried them yet. I want all the weird texture stuff to go away and for the holographic and duochrome trend to come back FOREVER! (Oh, I do like mattes though and like the leather stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still love bar glitter and I have all of these!~ They're all named after birds and my favorite is the far left one. It's a halo silver and white called Crane. These bars are really short and seche fixes the bumpy (which I don't like either).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not a fan of bar glitter. I don't mind mini bars in a glitter topper as long as there are other shapes.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig