Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spotted: Revlon Spring 2014 Leather & Tweed Collection

A few days ago, a lovely reader left a comment on the You Tel Me page saying that there was a new Revlon Tweed & Leather collection at Bed Bath & Beyond. I would thank that reader, but the screen name is a long string of letters and numbers so, if that was you, please comment here so I can thank you properly!

After I saw that comment, I put the word out on Instagram (I have a lot of fellow polish addicts who follow me there!) and sure enough, I got some more details (more on that in a minute). And then today, reader Tara shared a pic of the display, which she also found at Bed Bath & Beyond. Thanks so much for this one, Tara!

image credit: Tara for Nouveau Cheap
NEW Revlon Nail Enamel Leather & Tweed Collection
(retail: $4.49 each at Bed Bath & Beyond, 0.5 oz)

From the display:

"This spring, go moto chic with leather or embellish your nails with tweed for a feminine feel."

This collection consists of four leather finish polishes and four bar glitter polishes. The shades are as follows (thanks to Tara for these):

LEATHER FINISH POLISHES
black shade (name unknown)
Rock Chic (blue)
Leather Skinnies (gray)
Downtown (purple)

BAR GLITTER POLISHES ("TWEED")
Uptown (pink)
Martini Lunch (green)
Tweed Mini (gray)
gold/rose-gold shade (name unknown)

I'm curious, since Revlon owns Sinful Colors, how the finish of the leather polishes will compare to the Sinful Colors Leather Luxe polishes from Fall 2013. The gray and black shades above look like they might be similar to the black and gray shades in the Leather Luxe collection, but the finish could be different. I guess we'l see!

About the Tweeds: When I put the word out on Instagram about this collection, reader @elizabeth_l06, who spotted this display at CVS, commented with the following info:

The tweeds are all glitter bars. Very pretty! I got the one that's got both gold and rose gold bars.

So there you have it--the "tweed" polishes contain bar glitter. I can't wait to see these in person! Have you spotted this display in your area yet? I can't tell if the display indicates that these are limited edition--if you have seen the display, could you confirm if "limited edition" is printed anywhere? Also, if the bottles don't have numbers on the lids (next to the shade names) that usually means they're limited edition. So if you have any of these polishes, please let us know if there's a number next to the shade name on the lid!

Thanks again, Tara, for the great pic and info, and thanks to the reader who left a comment on the You Tell Me page, as well as to @elizabeth_106 for the additional info. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. No numbers, so I assuming LE. I bought Uptown, as I find the gold/rose gold similar to Maybelline's rose gold brocade one, which I have. They are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was me who left the comment on the You Tell Me page, my computer was being weird when I posted :) The black leather shade is called Motorcycle Jacket and the rose gold tweed shade is called Woven Clutch. None of the bottles have any numbers on the lids, so I assume they're limited edition. I don't recall if the display said or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matte purple.... ooh! Using matte topcoat is just never the same. I'm curious to see the tweeds in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue is really bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tweeds? I'm intrigued and must see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these at CVS yesterday but since I don't like bar glitter I skipped over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Went yesterday and got Downtown, Leather Skinnies, and Tweed Mini. The finishes on the leather polishes are not the same as the Sinful Colors leather finishes! They are more like the Nails Inc leather polishes [bumpy], but slightly more subtle.
    Tweed Mini isn't actually gray like it looks from a distance, it's black, white, and blue tiny matte bar glitters! Very pretty!
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just spotted these at my CVS near work. I got Tweed Mini. Can't wait to wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rose/gold one is called Woven Clutch. It was out when I saw it so it's the only one I didn't get.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought Leather Skinnies and Woven Clutch. I really enjoy both, and will for sure go back for some more.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig