Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 31, 2014

Reader Swatches: Color Club Limited Series Modern Mosaic Microbatch Collection (all six shades)

Last week I showed you the display for the new Color Club Limited Series Modern Mosaic Microbatch Collection, which is now popping up at Bed Bath & Beyond stores. I want to thank several of you for sharing more pics and info about this collection since then, and today I have swatches of ENTIRE collection to share with you, thanks to reader Jen (@aggiesdoitbetter on Instagram). Jen also has swatches on her blog, including macro shots, which you can see here.

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Color Club Limited Series Modern Mosaic Microbatch Collection
(retail: $4.79 each at Bed Bath & Beyond)

Jen swatched all of the shades in this collection on bare nails with no base or top coat, and she applied TWO COATS of each polish:

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Pixi-lated

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Orange Crush

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Green Piece

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Blue Beaded

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Love You to Pieces

image credit: Jen for Nouveau Cheap
Subway Station

Again, for more info and macro shots, see Jen's blog here. As several of you mentioned in my original post, these are definitely reminiscent of Neon Collision Collection that Salon Perfect released for Summer 2013. Except not neon, of course!

While I was working on this post, longtime reader Tracey shared pics of this collection swatches over OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around (nude creme) which you can see here and here.

Also, check this out:

image credit: Michele for Nouveau Cheap
Urban Outfitters Beaded Nail Polish in Mint

Reader Michele (@polishedandfrosted on Instagram) mentioned to me last week that she thought some of the Color Club Modern Mosaic polishes might be very similar to the Urban Outfitters Beaded Nail Polishes (currently on sale for 2/$8). Apparently, some of Urban Outfitters polishes are made by the same parent company as Color Club (Forsythe Cosmetic Group). I can't verify that personally since I actually don't own any UO polishes, but looking at the pics above and below, you can clearly see similarities (the green shade above, Mint, definitely resembles Color Club Green Piece). 

So if you can't local the Color Club Modern Mosaics in your area, you can always check out the UO versions.  Thanks so much for that tip (and the pics), Michele. What a great bit of detective work!

image credit: Michele for Nouveau Cheap
Urban Outfitters Beaded Nail Polish in Blush

Are you a fan of this "beaded" texture? Do you plan to pick some of these up if you spot them? Do you already own some of the UO beaded polishes?

Thanks so much, Jen, for the fantastic swatches! And thanks to Michele for the comparison swatches and info as well!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Are these only at Bed, Bath and Beyond? I hope not, mine doesn't carry makeup. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For those of you that your stores don't have a beauty dept and haven't researched into it any farther I have and the ones that have beauty dept will ship to you

      Delete
    2. Only select Bed, Bath and Beyond stores carry makeup. I didn't know know about it myself until I began reading this blog. If you go to the BB&B website, it lets you search for locations that have beauty departments.

      Delete
    3. wish mine had a makeup dept!

      Delete
    4. Same! They always have stuff I want.

      Delete
  2. Love all the shades! looks quite gr8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I like these. I guess I'll have to see them swatched over another color. Thanks for the pics because I probably would have bought them and then been disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not for me! I've been over this textured polish thing since the beginning, and this is just another variant I don't care for. Guess I'm just a smooth and shiny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...I'm still undecided on these. I like the color and the look of these polishes, but don't know how I feel about the texture. It may be something I have to see for myself in person before deciding. I'm definitely not a fan of textured polishes, so I'm thinking this may be a skip for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like cc as a brand but they've been really disappointing lately. :-(

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig