Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 31, 2014

Special Anniversary Reader Interview Series: Get To Know Kemc914

In honor of the five year anniversary of Nouveau Cheap, I'm interviewing fifteen readers in this very special series, as my way of saying thanks for your support (to read more about this interview series, including how the readers were selected, click here).

All of the readers who were interviewed for this series were given the same ten questions, and they were asked to submit a picture of themselves, their pet, their makeup stash, or anything else they felt like sharing.

The fifth interview in this series is with reader Kemc914. Take it away, Kemc914!

from Kemc914's vacation at the San Juan Islands, WA

G: How long have you been a fan of drugstore beauty products?

Kemc914: Since college.

G: What was the first beauty product that you remember purchasing?

Kemc914: Loose eye shadow from a kiosk in the mall during high school.

G: What are your five can't-live-without drugstore beauty products?

Kemc914:  
- Concealer
- Pressed powder
- Makeup remover wipes
- Pink lipgloss
- Nivea lip balm

G: Tell us your best "drugstore score" story (something you got for a great deal on clearance and/or with coupons, store rewards, etc.).

Kemc914: Last summer when an Ulta opened in my neighborhood, I decided to check it out. I got a certificate for a free manicure and a bag with four generous sample size products for being one of the first people to visit and make a purchase. Plus the toner I bought was on sale and I used a twenty percent off coupon.

G: What's your go-to shade of lip color?

Kemc914: A my-lips-but-better pink.

G: What's the one movie you can always re-watch, no matter how many times you've seen it?

Kemc914: You've Got Mail.

G: What's your current favorite TV show?

Kemc914: Mad Men. [You're the second reader in this interview series to say Mad Men, and I just want to mention, that's mine too. I have a countdown going for the new season to begin. Just 13 more days! --G.]

G: What was the last book you read?

Kemc914: The Secretary by Kim Ghattas.

G: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Kemc914: Researcher at the Smithsonian.

G: Tell us a bit about your hobbies, what you like to do in your spare time, or anything you're very passionate about!

Kemc914I love walking, reading, movies, and making things. I’m currently working on a new wreath for my front door and can’t wait for Spring weather to get here.

Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you as part of this series, Kemc914! I absolutely loved getting to know you a bit better, and I hope other readers feel like they know you a bit better now as well!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Hi Kemc914! Nice to meet you.

    G, I'm loving this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks again for being a part of it! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to get to know you Kemc914!
    I love this series too. It's nice to get to know the people who read your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The San Juan islands are beautiful! I was just up there visiting my brother. I love the series! So interesting to see what we have in common and our differences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun interview to read! I love this too. Can't wait for more...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my first beauty purchases was loose eyeshadow at a kiosk too! Probably in middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like her dream job. That would be on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you, Kemc914! I have to tell you, I LOVE You've Got Mail. I've watched it hundreds of times. My husband is baffled. I was sick in the fall and I literally watched that movie twice a day every day for two weeks, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool series! I love getting to know a bit more about the people behind the comments, and your questions are very interesting. Looking forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig