Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 8, 2014

If you're plotting an e.l.f. order...

If you're currently plotting an order on the e.l.f. website, I want to bring something to your attention:


Between now and 1/13, enter code BRUSH2014 on the e.l.f. website and you'll receive this 11-piece Studio Brush Collection for $2.14. This only applies to orders of $20.14 or more, so you must have at least $20.14 worth of merchandise already in your cart in order to get the special pricing on this brush set. So again, if you were already planning an e.l.f. order, this could come in mighty handy.

The reason why I'm personally so excited about this particular offer is because two of my all-time favorite brushes from the e.l.f. Studio line are in this set: the Small Smudge Brush and the Blush Brush. The e.l.f. Studio Small Smudge Brush is my holy grail brush when it comes to applying gel liners. It is the BEST (in my opinion) and I seriously can't use another brush to apply my gel liners at this point. I'm spoiled by this brush and have had the same one for years and still reach for it constantly. I also adore the e.l.f. Studio Blush Brush because of the tapered end--it makes it so easy for targeted blush application. I reviewed this brush back in Spring 2011 (see my full review here) and I still use it consistently.

If you were to buy just my two favorite brushes together it would of course set you back $6 total. So getting NINE additional Studio brushes for less than the retail price of just one brush is a deal that I just had to share with you!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm so happy you said how you use that smudge brush! I have had it for a while but could never figure out what to do with it. Now that I think about it, it is shaped like the brush that came with my gel liner. It worked great until that thing started fraying and then it was so small that it disappeared to wherever things like that go... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flat-top powder brush is my HG foundation brush. I have two; one for my BareMinerals Ready Foundation, and one for liquid/cream foundations. It buffs in product beautifully, and it's gorgeously soft. That one and the Eyeshadow C Brush alone are worth the price. I'd order it if I didn't already have at least one of each of the brushes (and if I hadn't placed a huge order during their Cyber Monday event).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I love the flat top brush for foundation!

      Delete
    2. I do aswell, it's amazing I have like 4 or 5 of them

      Delete
    3. i have, like, 4 of the eyeshadow c brushes. they are AMAZING for feathering out concealer.

      Delete
  3. That is awesome, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any suggestions on what else to order from ELF to hit the $20.14 mark? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a few of my faves:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/10/review-elf-studio-tone-correcting.html
      (great for setting under-eye concealer)

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/08/review-elf-tinted-moisturizer-spf20-in.html
      (I like this more than most US BB creams)

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/11/beauty-bite-elf-studio-baked-eyeshadow.html
      I love this eyeshadow (a staple in my bag)

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-elf-lipstick-in-voodoo.html
      A great $1 lippie!

      I could go on and on! Oh, my holy grail eyeshadow brush is the $1 e.l.f. Essential Eyeshadow brush (I have been using this brush for about 10 years now, pretty much daily).

      Hope that helps a bit!

      Delete
    2. Hi Nicole,

      ELF can be so hit-or-miss, but they have several products that I really like. One is their studio line black gel eyeliner; the other colors are pretty dodgy, but the black one is really smooth and pigmented, and it lasts really well on my eyes. I also like their studio powder blushes, but do google swatches so you know the finishes (some of them are major glitter bombs). Their eyeshadow primers in the color Sheer are pretty good; I prefer the $1 to the $3 one, because the $3 one is too yellow and looks weird on my eyes.

      The essential brow and lash wand (white-handled spoolie) is great for taming my wild brows. The essential concealer brush does a really nice job of cleaning up the edges of manicures. If you like flakie nail polishes, they have a pretty one called Fairy Dust. They also have a white glitter nail polish called Enchanted--I freaking love it for doing "snowy" manicures.

      Happy hunting!

      Delete
    3. I only have a few recommendations of my own, but would highly suggest searching Youtube with a term like "elf best products." There are lots of videos like that from a variety of people with their recommendations.

      My personal suggestions are as follow: the regular line concealer and eyeshadow brush, and the studio line mascara primer and exact lash mascara. Many nail polish addicts recommend the $1 concealer brush for cuticle cleanup after a manicure. The regular eyeshadow brush is a great brush for $1. As for the 2 mascara products, they are items where I researched it, and ELF was the only drugstore brand to offer an alternative to high end options.

      Delete
  5. I love that blush brush, too, and also really like the flat top for liquid foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this set when it was 50% off at Christmas. It was a gift for my 14 year old niece and just getting into makeup. I wanted her to start out with some decent brushes. I was almost 34 before I started using brushes that were worth a hoot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The elf powder brush is amazing for bb cream or foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this set, almost wish I had ordered another during the sale! The flat top powder brush is awesome for blending my BB cream, actually bought another so that I have one for powder and one for the BB. The Small Angled Brush is great for eye liner, but my favorite has to be the Contour Brush, it's great for blending!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig